OKAY…I GOT TO DO SOME TALKING TO YALL…
First let me say this…..
Do I go by everything The Bible
says?
NO.
Why??
Well, because I am a SINNER! To put it in
easier terms; I SIN. I am so far from being perfect,
that I am 100 % IMPERFECT. ( The only perfect ONE was nailed to a
cross many years ago.)
After I read the Bible through many
years ago, I now just flip through and settle on the chapter that grabs me.
What I read just now, as I wandered into 2 Timothy blew me away. I have
read the Bible over and over and I say this not to brag, but in
bewilderment, as what I just read didn’t sound like something that was
written centuries ago, but like an editorial about recent events
from a major newspaper.
In 2 Timothy 3:1 - 5 Saint Paul is telling Timothy;
"You
should know this,Timothy, that in the last days there will
be very difficult times. For people will love only
themselves and their money. They will be boastful and
proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and
ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They
will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no
self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is
good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and
love pleasure rather than God.They will act religious, but they will reject the
power that could make them godly. Stay away from people
like that!”
He goes on to say in 2 Timothy
3:12 - 16 ;
"Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in
Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors
will flourish. They will
deceive others and will themselves be deceived. But
you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are
true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. You have been taught the
holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive
the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what
is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when
we are wrong and teaches us to do what is
right.
In 2 TIMOTHY 4: 3 – 4 Saint
Paul says this:
"For a time is coming when people will no longer
listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and
will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to
hear and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into
myths.They will reject the truth and chase after
myths."
I can not prove that we, of this
generation, are living in the last days… for the Son of God doesn’t even
know the last hour. Matthew 24:36 tells us this: ”But no one
knows the date and hour when the end will be—not even the angels. No, nor even
God’s Son. Only the Father knows.”
And please
don’t think I am preaching when I say ;
I really do think that we all need to be
praying more because;
When The HOLY BIBLE begins to
sound like this weeks news, it won’t be long.
GOD BLESS YOU
ALL.
3 comments:
Amen! We are definitely in the last days! Great post.... : )
Good post Carlene and so true.
That was a great post and although none of us knows the hour or time...it is always good to be prepared.
Post a Comment