Thursday, January 21, 2010

SWEET PEA

 sweetpea

She came here like all the others…someone “dropped her out”…she was a tiny little thing…just a ball of fur…and Danny, God bless him, like he did with all the little animals that came to our house….insisted that we keep her. It would be many, many years later… after Danny died…that I would find out that all the little kittens that were “dropped off” here at our house all the time…were actually placed here by Danny himself for me to find .

She was a funny looking little cat…like nature couldn’t make up her mind whether to let he be a  calico or what…She hung around the porch everyday  waiting to be fed or to get a little petting from me…and eventually I got attached to her. One day I went outside and she wasn’t there. I knew something was wrong and asked Danny had he seen her. He hadn’t and  just thought I was being a worry wart.

We asked around and Danny’s mom said she had seen some dogs fighting over something, but couldn’t tell what it was……I  can not remember how long she was gone …days?….before I dreamed one night that she was under the bridge that was just around the corner from our house, and she was crying …Before I went to work that day, I asked Danny would he go look there for her. He thought I was crazy, but he did it anyway…and sure enough…there she was…She had been ripped nearly in half by the big dogs…We took her to our Vet and he sewed her back together and cleaned her up the best he could.

Her little paw never did completely heal, but otherwise, she was fine…and she became my “Sweet Pea”.…growing old along with me and giving me what our fur babies give all of us….unconditional love.

She left me this morning…..

and my heart is broken.

Take care of her for me Danny, until I get there …okay ?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

 

18 comments:

Paula said...

Oh Carlene I'm so sorry you lost Sweet Pea but I'm sure she is with Danny.

Rachel said...

That hurts. I'm sorry.

Gerry said...

What an interesting story about you finding and healing the cat after she had been ripped so badly. She must have been very grateful to you. I know you will always remember Sweet Pea.

Astaryth said...

Oh, so sorry for your loss... my heart hurts for you. We do become attached to the furs and losing one of the furkids is always devastating.

madcobug said...

Sorry about your loss Carlene. I remember the story you told about that dream and Danny finding her under that bridge in such a shape.
Sounds like Danny was such a tender hearted man to sneak those homeless animals in. We really grieve when something happens to one of our pets. May God be with you and give you comfort. Lovya, Helen

Kath said...

I know it's no consolation Carlene, but I am sure Sweat Pea got the most love and affection any animal could ever get living with you.I am so sorry to read this.Know she is with Danny and being cared for in the same loving way.Sending big hugs.Prayers time will heal your pain.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kathy said...

Carlene, I'm so sorry you've lost your Sweet Pea. I love how Danny placed all those little kittens for you to find. ((hugs))

Lisa said...

So sorry for your loss ~ Sweet Pea was a lucky little girl and will be waiting for you with Danny.
Love ya,
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having lost my beloved fur babies in the past couple of years due to old age I know how you are missing yours. I had 2 dogs and 2 cats that were beloved companions for many years and saying good bye to them wasn't easy at all. My heart goes out to you over your loss. I know she must have been a connection you still had to your Danny too. I'm sure he'll be watching over her too. Hugs to you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I'm so sorry about your precious Sweet Pea.. I hope Danny sends another kitten your way from heaven.

ADB said...

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your cat, Carlene. Sounds as if she's been through a lot, with you. She'll be waiting for you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Sugar said...

condolences on the lost of your precious little furr. she'll stay in your heart & memories, & be waiting when you cross over. { }
God bless...

Hollie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Missie said...

I rushed right over as soon as I heard. I'm so, so sorry!

Linda :) said...

I'm so sorry... Special thoughts and gentle hugs.....

salemslot9 said...

that was a
miracle dream

poor Sweet Pea

Linda's World said...

Carlene, you don't know me but I saw the messsage over at "Call for Support" that you'd lost your precious kitty. I feel your pain...I lost mine last March 11th~it will soon be one year. I'm so sorry for your loss~take comfort in knowing that you gave this dear kitty love and affection and saved her life. And I know she blessed you as you blessed her. {{{hugs}}} to you...Linda in Washington state

Barb said...

Carlene I am so sorry about your loss, sorry too that I lost touch with you. Please stop by when you can, okay?
love ya.