Monday, January 23, 2017

KENZIE THE BEAUTICIAN

 

This past Sunday morning, I had just gotten off the phone with my daughter Amanda and was on my way to the bathroom to take my shower and get dressed to go to Church, when the phone rang.

I don’t know why exactly, but I had a bad feeling even before I ever picked it up.

It was Amanda and she was crying so hard I could not make out what she was saying. It scared me to death! Amanda doesn’t cry much or often, at least not around me, and the last time I got a phone call like this a dog had killed their pet cat. Finally, after what seemed like forever, I understood this much; ”Mama, all them are GONE!”  “WHAT??” I yelled into the reciever….”What do you mean Amanda???” 
“Mama….Kenzie has cut all her curls off…she has cut her own hair and all of her curls are GONE!!

The last was said very loudly and ended with a great big sob.

Maybe it was relief that it wasn’t a life thretening situation, or maybe it just brought back sweet memories of another little girl (AMANDA) that cut her hair, but oh my gosh…..I LAUGHED. Oh, I tried to cover it up quickly…especially when Amanda cried, “MAMA, ARE YOU LAUGHING?? KELVIN, MY MAMA IS LAUGHING!! 

I tried real hard to make that laugh sound like a sobbut she knew.

My granddaughter Kenzie was born with very little hair. It took months for even this little bit to come in….                                                         

              kenzie5042013b                           0904132007

When my granddaughter finally started getting some hair on her head, it was obvious that it was going to be curly hair….real curly hair! The longer it grew, the curlier it got! Everyone who met her, noticed those curls and her mama and daddy loved them.

KENZIE CURLS          KENZIE CURLS5         KENZIE CURLS 4      KENZIE CURLS2

Even as she grew older, the curls were still there.

                                                                                       KENZIE CURLS3

And now I had Amanda on the phone crying because at three years old, “Kenzie’s curls are all gone!”

It seems that Amanda was getting ready to go to church yesterday, when she noticed Kenzie's hair looked sort of well… strange. At first glance, she thought Kenzie had one side of her hair up and had put a bow in it, but once she caught hold of her and turned her around, on closer inspection, she knew.

She knew that Kenzie had did what most children will do at one time or another during their child hood.

Kenzie had cut her own hair!!

AMANDA FOUND ALL OF THE CURLS  IN A BOWL IN  KENZIE'S BEDROOM.

( I honestly think Kenzie was saving them to put back on later!)

This picture was taken right after we took her to Athens to try to repair the damge she had done. As you can tell, one side is shorter than the other. It will eventually grow out and we will keep triming and fixing until it all looks better.

                                                                                    KENZIE CUT HER HAIR 01222017

Althouugh she cut her own hair, she was scared to get her hair cut by a beautician! So, sitting in the next chair over, Amanda got her own hair cut too.

                                                                                 01222017B

Good Lord willing, the hair will grow back…and I already see some little curls peaking through just a day later….so Mawmaw and her baby girl and her grandbaby girl are all happy now.

                                                                       KENZIE CUT HER HAIR 01232017

                                AND THE SCISSORS HAVE BEEN HIDDEN.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

 

3 comments:

Kath said...

OH! Carlene this post brought back memories for me.I remember my very own Grandaughter doing just the same thing as Kenzie has done LOL!! MY Daughter * her Mummy) was distraught at the time,but I myself, just had to laugh.I believe all little girls attempt this hairdressing session .Bless them all.She still looks so pretty,along with her darling Mum. and is the double of you yourself, when you were tiny.God Bless Take Care Kath xxx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so glad it wasn't a life threatening call and only a hair problem. I do remember crying when my daughter decided she wanted short had and had a hair cut, so I can relate to some extent. Cute story you shared anyway and a very cute granddaughter too!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

It was my bangs in first grade. Either me or my desk partner, Cindy thought they were one sided and I let Cindy proceed to "even" them up. Needless to say, I ended up with no bangs that were somehow still crooked!
Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead