Sunday, September 25, 2016

WHEN GOD SPEAKS


Have you ever looked back in time past and known that God had been trying to tell you something ? At the time, maybe He was whispering quietly in your ear, nudging you gently to do something that befuddled your brain. Maybe you couldn’t understand the reasoning of it all, because it was not making sense, so you either did what you were told or you did nothing.  Sometimes, you may be asking HIM for an answer and later on, you see that HE has answered you. Usually it is not until later on, after the fact, that you can look back, and clearly see that it was indeed HIM trying to get your attention all along.
I have had two such experiences this week.
The first was on Thursday,  September 22, 2016:
I always try to post a Bible verse on my Facebook wall each day. I always post it publicly. Who knows, someone may see for the first time, the words inspired by God! On t
his day, at 7:35 am ; I posted :
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.'
~ ROMANS 5:8 (KJV) ~

I was shutting my computer down, getting ready to take a shower and go to work , when another Bible verse came to mind. I remember getting the distinct feeling that God really wanted me to post that verse. I even chuckled and said out loud , “Okay Lord, but I have already posted a Bible verse today!” So I looked up the verse to make sure I had it right and then posted this on my wall 17 minutes later at :7:52 am :
I know I have already posted a Bible verse today, but for some reason, I feel like I need to post this one also. Maybe someone needs to hear this today.......
"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
~ PSALM 91:11 (KJV) ~

After posting it, I took my shower and went on in to work at the BBQ.
The next post I made on my wall was at 2:49 pm…
“The Greensboro Holcomb's BBQ is closed today due to an automobile accident. A car backed into our huge plate glass window. Everyone is okay.”
During our busy lunch hour at the BBQ, I was standing in the kitchen at the refrigerator, getting slaw out for an order, when I heard glass breaking. When crazy things happen, your mind sort of goes all loopy! At first, I thought I had accidentally dropped something. Then it dawned on me that we have nearly nothing in our refrigerator that is made of glass, and surely nothing big enough to just keep on breaking for this long. It was then that I looked up and saw the car backing into the huge plate glass window directly beside me. The big window blind that hangs over that window was coming up over the car trunk as I saw the glass breaking and falling as if in slow motion…huge feet long glass pieces of glass and little glass shards coming into the BBQ along with the car. I have a picture of the window…or rather what was left of it.

                                                     09222016 bbq window car backed in3
See that window blind? That’s the blind that partially came up over the car’s trunk as it came through the window, letting huge chunks of glass come into the BBQ….See that big piece of glass in the middle? It was so loose, it was moving in and out like a boat sail. I was standing not 2 feet behind that blind. Not even one teeny tiny piece of that glass hit me, nor anyone else in our BBQ, although it was all over the floor, several feet away from the window. God’s angels were indeed watching out for us.** "For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.” ~ PSALM 91:11 (KJV) ~**( **The second bible verse that I almost didn’t post)
Then this morning I posted on my wall about a dream I had last night:
I saw this on a friend's wall and I believe this to be true.
( ***It was a poster that reads: When a mother dies, a daughter’s mourning never completely ends.)
“Last night, I dreamed that I went back home and everything was back as it use to be. As I walked through the house looking at all the old furniture and nick-knacks, it dawned on me that my mama had passed away. My heart broke all over again. I woke up crying and begging her not to leave me. If you still have your mama, please LOVE her, HONOR her and do all you can for her NOW.... while you still can.”

I  did not post what I did when I woke up at 4 am crying out for my mama…That dream was soooo real and the heartache was almost unbearable. I  immediately thought of the song , “There is power in the Name of Jesus”, so I started saying “Jesus help me” over and over again…asking in my heart for HIM to let me know that mama was still with me. I soon fell back to sleep.  I woke up later on and got ready to go to the little church that my daughter, her husband, and my grandchilden attend. As usual, a few people sang this morning and the last one to sing, sang this song;
“Amazing Grace ( My chains are Gone)” 
I cried silently through the whole song…
You see;  My mama LOVED to dance. She use to dance with us, her little girls, as we played our favorite songs on her little record player. Later on, for the rest of her life, she suffered from varicose ulcers on her legs and feet. They never healed, though she had many, many surgeries, so she no longer could dance with us. How she even  stood on her feet were beyond me and even many doctors and nurses. She could not wear normal shoes, but had to wear men’s slippers that were cut to fit her thick bandages. Eventually,  my sweet mama got alzheimers and passed away years later, not even recognizing who I was. When I had to plan her funeral, I imagined God giving her a new life, with a new mind and new feet…feet that could wear pretty feminine shoes, feet that she could dance on and not hurt. So I had this song played at her funeral…
           AMAZING GRACE ( MY CHAINS ARE GONE)                          

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I
I think GOD used someone’s singing  today to get a message to me....
 
And I think my mama is dancing in Heaven.          
Thank You Jesus.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.                 

3 comments:

Paige Hubbard said...

I sat hear crying reading all of this even though I knew most of it. That is a very special song and touches so many. I'm sure your mama is dancing and playing the piano like she has never here on Earth. Love you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Danny died. I remember how we cried for your pain on the old aol journals. I have thought of you often, but I haven't journaled since they took those away from us. On May 7,2013 I lost my husband of 52 years. He was the very air I breathed. I remember the pictures you put on of Danny . I still have not come out of the fog of deep pain of loss. Don't have much to say except....I remember. Your friend forever....Faye Davis

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Beautiful post.