Sunday, September 21, 2014

A WISH CAME TRUE

          DAN AND LITTLE ROY LEWIS 2011 (3)

My son Dan doesn’t ask for much.

If I take him to Walmart or to Ingles every week, that makes him happy. Yeah, I get frustrated on having to go to Wally World every week. These all day shopping trips he loves are wearing me down here lately. Considering that the only other thing he has to look forward to daily is watching Boomerang TV with the old cartoons on it, I figure that’s not too much for him to ask. So, as long as my old bones hold out, as long as my 18 year old car holds up and as long as I can afford the gas, I guess a weekly shopping(looking) trip is not such a big deal. What gets me is, he never ends up buying anything but bottled water or diet drinks!

It is actually the going and looking he likes.

Dan does have a bucket list of bigger wishes. Things he has always wanted to do, such as these in no certain order…
1. Go to a Braves game….
Before Danny died, we managed to take him to a couple.
2. Go to a Ga. Basket Ball Game…
We managed to take him to a couple of those too.
3. Go to Six Flags…Yep, been there and done that….several times.

There are a few other more things on his wish list that he has or hasn’t done, but the one thing he has constantly talked about for years is that he wanted to go to a Georgia Bulldog Game. He has mentioned it from time to time and mentioned it again a few weeks ago. Dan, being a true Bulldog fan, has watched every game he could on TV and heaven forbid that they happen to lose. That boy  will fuss for two days! 

          09202014ga game12

I have wondered for a while now how I could get this wish of his to come true. I have to work on Saturdays and I do not want to even drive in Athens on a Game day, much less actually park and walk a long ways to the stadium!

When I mentioned to my daughter about how much Dan wanted to go, my son-in-law, who is also a Ga. fan, volunteered to take Dan; if and when I could come up with enough money for the ticket. Well, about a week ago, I bought two tickets to the GEORGIA  VS  TROY Football Game. One for Dan and one for my son-in-law. For a week now I have prayed that it wouldn’t rain on game day. I also prayed that the Bulldogs won!

Yesterday my sweet son-in-law helped me make one of Dan’s big dreams come true. Dan got to go to a Georgia Bulldog Game for the very first time!

           09202014ga game6

It didn’t rain and the Bulldogs slaughtered Troy 66-0. ( Ha-ha, I realize now that maybe I should have asked for a tighter game, but hey, they won!!!Dan is still talking about what all he saw, how good the band sounded and how much fun he and his brother-in-law had. He will probably still be talking about it for months from now, but that’s okay. I think I am about as happy as my son is.

          09202014ga game9

 

Thank you God.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That's wonderful. What a sweet son-in-law you have.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so wonderful that you and your son in law could make one of his wishes come true ! He looks so happy to be there !

Helen said...

That was great of your son in law to take Dan. Glad that his team won. Bet his eyes were big looking everywhere and enjoying the band and game.

Kandy said...

Well if they ever come to another one and the come through oconee at the Waffle house red light in front of kroger at the end of the game they will see me sitting there working the red light