Sunday, April 20, 2014

EASTER AT MY HOUSE

               FAITH EASTER2
I got up this morning and put my clothes on and ran out the door. I had to go to the Dollar Store to get my graham crackers for the ├ęclair cake I was making. (I get my graham crackers at the Dollar Store because they are a lot cheaper there than at regular grocery stores.) I am in a hurry. I need to get this and get back home, get the cake made and then get a shower and go to Church. I rush in the store, grab the crackers and rush back out and jump in my car and turn the key….nothing happens.
I get out and lift the hood and look at the battery wires. See, I have been having trouble with them. I assume it is because of the age of the car that the wires have began to ravel. After all, the car is over 18 years old.  I nudge the wires a little bit, then get back into my car and turn the ignition….nothing. So I call my son-in-law.
Of all times, my grandson answers the phone…something he has never done when I call. He says; “hello?”  I say;  “hey baby, will you put mommy on the phone?” He says; “hey maw-maw!” and so again I ask him to put mommy on the phone…I hear him telling mommy to come to the phone and I breathe a sigh of relief…but then I hear, “Who is it son?” and I hear him telling her that it is maw-maw. Next, I hear her telling him that she is busy right now, so to please just talk to maw-maw for a few minutes until she can come to the phone! He comes back to the phone and says in his sweet little sing song voice, “ what ya doing maw-maw?”
Lord have mercy.
I say, “ baby go tell mommy it is an emergency.” He asks me what I said. I repeated, “it is an emergency…go tell mommy it is an emergency” 
He says, “it is what maw-maw?” 
Oh Lord.
So I repeat it….twice more….and I finally hear him going to his mommy saying, “ mommy, maw-maw says it’s an mercency.”  I hear Amanda say, “A what?” Then  I hear her saying, “give me the phone quickly please.”  Finally!
Thank You Jesus.
I tell Amanda my problem and then she hands the phone to Kelvin. He tells me he will be there in 15 minutes.
Praise God.
While I am waiting in the car, I call my sister-in-law and talk to her for about 10 minutes, then I hang up and decide on a whim to try to crank the car again….and of all things, it cranked…right as Kelvin was driving up beside me. I tell him how it just cranked and he got me to lift the hood so he can check the wires. Sure enough one was loose from the post. So he fixed it the best he could and told me to go on to Ingles and if I had trouble to try to catch him before he left town. Well, I went to Ingles, got my groceries and came back out and there sat Kelvin..parked right beside my car!  God bless his heart. He told me to make sure the car would crank, so  I got in and turned the key and …it wouldn’t crank.
Oh Lord.
Kelvin hooks it up to the jumper cables and we try again…..nothing! He takes a wrench and taps on something and tells me to try it again and….. it cranked! The something he was tapping on is my starter. Soooooo,  I guess I will be putting my car in the shop tomorrow.
Help me Jesus.
I am upset because I so wanted to go to Church today. Instead, since it was so late when I got home, I just began making the chocolate ├ęclair cake I had planned on taking to my children and grandchildren.  Then I fixed Dan and me something to eat.
As I was saying the blessing over our food…..as I thanked Our Heavenly Father for what He did for us on this blessed day…you know what?
I felt His presence.
I truly believe God was with us here in our little Mill Town house.
But then  again, didn’t he tell us that,He is always with us.”
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
Happy Easter my friends.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

3 comments:

Helen said...

This brought tears to my eyes. You have a great son in law. If you felt that God was present, then he surely was.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was a beautiful Easter blessing for you. You really did have a special day! I love eclair cake made with graham crackers and it's so easy to make too.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

God bless you Carlene! I've been there before, so many times. Glad you still found joy in your Easter!
I've tried 5 times to get the word verification and still nothing!