Thursday, November 22, 2012

I AM THANKFUL

Everyday on Facebook, during the month of November, there have been folks saying what they are thankful for. Until today I have not participated, but this being the day of Thanksgiving, I thought I would give it a shot.

The last few days when it has been unnaturally warm, the heater in my car has been working, but this morning when I had to get out and go to the store for cold meds, as cold as it was outside, it didn’t work!

I am thankful I have a car that runs. ( most times!) Some people have to walk.

I am thankful I have shoes.

Some people don’t.

I am thankful that I believe in God. I am thankful for KNOWING that Jesus died on a cross in order to save me. I am thankful that I have God to pray to.. for help for me, my loved ones, and all others.  I am thankful that I know there is a Heaven. I am thankful that I know one sweet day, we will meet our loved ones again there. I am thankful that I know that He is always with me, that He will never leave me.

Some people have never found GOD.  I pray for them too.

I am thankful for Facebook.

I have regained friendships, found loved ones and I do not have to leave my house to be able to talk to someone! I am thankful for all my friends and family on there.

I am thankful for my parents who loved me enough to whoop my butt when I needed it, but would also be just as quick to hug, kiss, and rock me to sleep at night. They also taught me how to respect others and their property.

Some kids have no one who cares that much about them.

I am thankful I was poor when growing up and still poor now.

It makes me have empathy for others who are less fortunate, and also to appreciate what I have.

I am thankful that I finally learned how to ( most times) control my temper, learned how to forgive, and learned how to ‘let go and let GOD’. (It took me a very long time though.)

Some people go through their whole lives carrying old grudges on their backs, chips on their shoulders, and just looking for a fight.

I am thankful for all my nieces and nephews.

They have made me laugh and made me cry, and I love everyone of them with all my heart.

I am thankful that God let me have Danny as a soul mate, best friend and husband for over 35 years.

Some folks don’t get that long with their loved ones.

I am thankful God blessed me with a son and then ten years later; a daughter.

Some will never know the love of a child.

I am thankful that God decided to give me the miracle of grandchildren.

Until you have one, you don’t know known how truly special a grandchild is.

I am thankful I have a special son who will get out in the cold and pick up pecans, crack and shell them to sell…

So that he can buy Christmas for his loved ones.

I am thankful my daughter has prepared a feast for Dan and I, even though she is very much pregnant, has a stent inside of her, and on top of all that, has a cold.

She is a strong woman.

Most of all, I am thankful that God loves and forgives me…

Even when I can’t love or forgive myself.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Helen said...

Amen! You and Dan have a great time at your daughters.

Donna said...

I think people who were raised poor are happier.