Sunday, November 11, 2012

GOD DON’T LIKE UGLY

Let me just start off by saying that I am madder than an old wet hornet, as my daddy use to say.

Better yet, let me start off by saying that…

I am Madder Than HELL.

I have various ways of getting mad. Sometimes, I get mad in an instant..those are the times that I have to try my best to hold back on my temper. I think I am successful maybe 75% of the time.

Then, there are the times that I first get mad in an instant and I hold it back, and hold it back and hold it back…until I finally explode.

This is one of those times.

I try very, very hard not to publically state my political opinions.  I feel that the usual lies and unfulfilled promises from either politician are not worth losing friends over.

I also feel that any politician running for office here lately needs to be wearing a lie detector belt 24/7. 

So, that being said, and in the words of a dear friend…

I keep it to myself.

Until today.

I am on Facebook. If you are my friend and you read my ‘about me’ section, you will see this:

Political :

When it comes time to cast my vote...I am not on the left, I am not on the right, I am not a liberal, nor am I a conservative..I am just an American who wants the best for our country.

This pretty much sums me up.

Everyday on Facebook, I read a lot of posts on various walls. Usually it is about what someone fixed for supper, how much we love our kids, grandkids, or someone needing prayer, and I love reading them. Here lately though, some of the posts have had my temper boiling and it has gotten to the exploding point.  Never before in my life have I heard so many derogatory, insulting, and downright horrible remarks about some of our American citizens.

The sad part is , these remarks came from fellow Americans.

I know that our country is in pretty rough shape right now, but talk to your parents and grandparents and they will tell you all about the DEPRESSION…where you had to have a stamp to buy gas, a stamp to buy coffee or sugar and then had to wait in long lines to do so, if you had the money.

And yes, I know that there are a lot of folks who feel that is where we may be heading again, but tearing each other down with these hateful and cruel remarks will not help this nation.

Now listen to this..

When I was 18 years old, I proudly marched myself up town and registered to vote. When you registered, you were asked to choose which political party you preferred.

I chose Democrat.

Yep…you heard me right.

If you ask me why, I would probably tell you that it was all I ever heard anyone talking about here in our little town at the time, which was around the late 60’s and early seventy’s…and also because my daddy was a Democrat. 

Just so you know, truth be told, I do not vote solely Democrat, nor do I vote solely Republican on ANY political race…(go back and read my ‘about me’ Facebook profile.)

So, yes, technically, I am a registered Democrat. You can talk about me all you want. Feel free. You won’t be the first nor the last to do so and I have learned to let most of it roll off my back.

Just don’t talk about my kids, my grandchildren, my mama nor my daddy, because this is where I get madder than hell…

In an instant.

Then I explode.

My daddy, who was a Democrat

Worked two and three jobs ALL HIS LIFE…even when he was sick and practically near death.

He was not lazy.

He was not stupid.

He was not a low life.

He was not a blood sucking, welfare grabbing s.o.b.

And he sure as hell was not the scum of the earth…as some have chosen to call all Democrats on Facebook, thus including myself and my daddy.

President Lincoln said that ‘a house divided amongst itself can not stand’ and he was right folks.

If you want to know the truth…I did not like some of President Obama’s plans, nor did I like some of Romney’s plans. In the end, I  actually entertained the idea of writing  Honey Boo-Boo in, so that should tell you how I felt about either candidate.  She just wasn’t old enough. Smile 

I do know one thing, no matter which way I vote, nor the outcome of the presidential race, I will not class all Democrats nor all Republicans into one big ball of mire. All Democrats are not ‘deadbeats who roll in welfare handouts’ ( not my words) and all Republicans are not ‘rich egotistical pompous jerks’. (again, not my words, folks)

Life will go on.

This presidency will last four more years and then a new president will come in. Be them Republican or a Democrat, no matter which political party, I just hope it will be SOMEONE who can help heal this great country of ours and help it stay the greatest nation on earth.

Call me naïve, but I still truly believe that we, the American Citizens, are so much more than just mere Democrats and Republicans. The majority of us are God loving, God fearing, good and decent people of all races. When trouble strikes, no matter where at, we have been known to be the most giving and helpful people in the world.

ONE NATION UNDER GOD?

Remember folks; God don’t like ugly.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and WILL HEAL THEIR LAND.”
2 CHRONICLES 7:14

God is trying to tell us something.

Think about it and then maybe we should all get down on our knees and pray about it.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

4 comments:

MARLENE BUCK said...

WAY TO TELL IT GIRL! YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE AND I LOVE YA FOR THAT. NO SUGAR COATING IT FOR YOU! WELL SAID!

Sheila Y said...

I agree, It has been the same on my facebook. Take care, Sheila

ADB said...

With you all the way, Carlene. I've been less than impressed with the vitriol on FB over Obama's reelection - and that's from across the pond.

Andrea said...

Just discovered your blog, Carlene, and I'm glad I did. I *love* this post you wrote... sums up my point of political view exactly!!!

Take care!
XOXOXO