Wednesday, October 17, 2012

THREE… TWO… ONE…BLAST OFF!

I went to see Amanda and the boys today. I got my big box from UPS yesterday and wanted to take them the goodies that I had ordered for them. I got the boys a down alternative blanket for each of their beds. I also got each of them a pair of footed PJ’s with little monkeys all over them…appropriate huh?!!!

Truth be told,  Mawmaw just couldn’t stand thinking of them being cold this winter. I also got them some Lightning McQueen shoes that the headlights light up on the little car icon on the side of them when they walk. Wyatt’s and William both had feet too big for their shoes! But at least Wyatt’s ended up fitting Will, which means I only have to trade Will’s for a bigger size for Wyatt.

I also got each of them a couple of pair of jeans and two shirts. William got an ELMO shirt and after trying it on, REFUSED to take it back off! Wyatt got Curious George on his and ended up keeping his on too. They each got a brown sweat shirt that says, “If you’re looking for trouble, YOU FOUND IT!”  Soooooooooooo true! heehee!  I got their mama a new maternity blouse and a pair of maternity jeans. Both fit her to a tee, thank goodness!

While busy looking in the box, Wyatt and Will both asked me, “Did you get us a prize Mawmaw?” Now I knew little boys don’t consider blankets or clothes as a prize…and they are use to me having them a prize when they come over to my house. ( I go to the Dollar Tree and buy them a dollar prize that they think is worth millions!! ) I did have them a little snack size bag of marshmallows each. William could eat his weight in marshmallows, but their little snack bags only had about 8 mini size each. As soon as Will caught Wyatt’s back turned, he grabbed his snack bag. I said, “ William give me that bag” and before I knew it, he had opened it and grabbed all the marshmallows and popped them in his little mouth! I couldn’t get mad because it took all I had in me not to laugh! He looked just like a little squirrel with marshmallows in his cheek…and a  HAPPY little squirrel at that!

The box that held all their goodies was huge. So when Wyatt and Will asked me again for a prize, I said, “ look…play with this box. Wyatt,you and Will go get your crayons” and when they both ran off to get them, Amanda got busy cutting a ‘door’ in the side of the box. By the time they got back and had decorated it, they had them a space ship! Amanda even made a little steering wheel for them out of some of the card board she had cut off!

They both got into their space ship by their side door and Wyatt said, “Three, two, one…BLAST OFF!” and our little guys were gone to the moon!  I told Amanda that one day, they just may be astronauts and we would think back to this day! They played with that box…excuse me…spaceship…for over two hours! You know, I think that is what I will get them for Christmas……some huge cardboard boxes!!

We were sitting on the porch swing when I got ready to leave, so I told them to come get in my lap and give me a hug and kiss, because I had to go home. Wyatt said , “Mawmaw, why you got to go? Will Uncle Dan be worried about you?” I told him no, but I had to go by and see my mama. They knew who I was talking about, because they have been to see her a time or two. Wyatt said, “Mawmaw…why her in the hospital..is she sick?”  I said, “no Wyatt, she is just very old and can not stay home by herself anymore…”  

The words he said next shook me up a little. He said,“Mawmaw… what will happen to me when I get old?” I swallowed hard and said, “Well Wyatt, you will have a wife and lots of children and grandchildren”. He said, “Mawmaw, I just want the grandchildren….but they can’t ride on my gator, cause the battery is dead!!”

God bless their little hearts.

I thank You soooooooooo much for my grandbabies God. They never fail to remind me, that we were all put here as innocents...

and once upon a time…

a cardboard box could be our spaceship.

To God be the Glory.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Great entry, Carlene. I have a feeling your Danny is watching all of this and laughing.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Card board boxes are a lot of fun. I know my children and grandchildren too have all loved them. What a very nice day you had with them. Lots of good memories to be stored away for you !

Helen said...

Those boys are are sweet!