Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WE ARE BLESSED

              SUNRISE AT DEES HOUSE
You know, it never fails that I get a message from God when ever I am riding on a little ‘woe is me’ train of thoughts. Just when I am really digging deep into the pity ditch, and whining to myself that I have it so hard…
God will zap me!
He always does.
Always.
See, anytime that I worry about things, God reminds me of how fortunate I really am.
I worry about having a home that is falling apart. This 100 year old tin roof may leak when it rains, but hey, I’ve got a bucket!   As long as those two giant trees that hang over it stay firmly rooted in the ground and hold onto their huge limbs during the storms, me and Dan will be okay. At least I HAVE a home.
Some folks call a cardboard box a home.
I worry that I  have a car that is over 16 years old. (and  it has cost me over $500.00 in the last three weeks alone) Thank God I had a little money put back for ‘ just in case’, cause my ‘just in case’ hit all at once and left me and Dan stranded in Madison. Yesterday, I saw that the price of gas jumped 20 cents a gallon overnight at the place I get it at…but you know what? At least I HAVE a car.
Some people have to walk to get to where they are going.
I worry that groceries are high and seem to be getting higher every week that I go into the grocery store. By the time you buy a 5lb. bag of flour, a 5lb bag of sugar and a gallon of milk, you have already spent over ten dollars! Not to mention how much it cost to wash your clothes. I never thought I would live to see the day that detergent would cost as much as it does now. Then God reminds me that I have a job to make the money to buy a few groceries.
Some people don’t have a job to go to.
Some people still go to bed hungry.
I have been hungry in my life before..it’s not fun.
Getting old is no picnic either. You have aches and pains where you never even knew that you had parts. I think my bones are like cereal…they snap crackle and pop!  Just what in the heck was someone smoking when they coined the phrase, “The golden years” ?  I have yet to find those golden years. I think I will instead call them the “been there / done that, now leave me the heck alone, my bones are aching ” years. 
But then…
God reminds me that I am here with my family and loved ones, and I am able to see my little grandbabies grow, able to enjoy this beautiful world that God has created. In the words of the song;  it’s a wonderful world. How awesome that HE created all of this just for us. I see HIM in the clouds, in the trees, in the sunrises and the sunsets, in the flowers, the oceans, the rivers, the mountains and the wheat and corn fields, and in all HIS creaturesHE is here with us.
WE ARE BLESSED.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful entry and oh so true. I don't even buy name brand laundry detergent any longer. It is hard to believe the cost of it and everything else.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Counting your blessings is the best pick me upper I know of. Always, Always there is something to be thankful for.

Helen said...

Bless your heart Carlene. I know where you are coming from. God will take care of us. It is hard at times. He always sees us through somehow. Love you lady. Prayers for you and Dan.

Kath said...

I think many of us are in the same boat Carlene, but if we keep our faith, the boat will never sink.I love you and feel for you soooooo much,every word you write is so true,GOD IS GOOD.We are Blessed.Lets us give thanks.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Pat said...

I love this entry. Everything you said is so true!!! God Bless you Carlene.
Hugs,
Pat

Arlene (AJ) said...

A great read about what is going on for most everyone for sure. We just have to keep the faith that things will soon start improving.
You take care your way.