Sunday, May 6, 2012

Missing Parts

It’s 9:29pm and I am lonely. You see, there are parts of me missing.

You know how people are always saying, “ time flies ” ?

It does.

It’s like when you’re young,maybe nearing eighteen,  all your future lies ahead of you, so time seems to drag. Then you hit your twenties and time speeds up…just a little bit.

In your thirties, usually by this time, you are married or in a serious relationship and beginning to “settle down” . You are raising your children, working hard to provide for them, going to their school functions, tending to your home and in general very busyTime is speeding up.

By your forties, your children are nearing graduation, your parents are aging, work is harder than ever,  your energy is lagging and you are wondering why you're always tired. Time is getting away from you.

You’re in your fifties. Your children are gone and too busy to come around because they are just beginning their lives. You are experiencing the ‘empty nest syndrome’. Your parents are gone, either by death or by Alzheimer's and sometimes…

God forbid…

Even the love of your life has left you too.

Yep, there are parts of me missing tonight.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They may be gone but not forgotten. I know the feeling...bless you!

Kath said...

Awwwwwwww Carlene this breaks my heart to know you are feeling so lonely.I too get this feeling lots of times and it is not a very nice place to be.So sorry you are hurting so much.Know you are loved by many and you have soooo many friends who love you,and would be by your side if it were possible.I pray this time will soon pass.God Is Good he will see you through this.You know where I am if you need to rant on,or I can be of any help whatsoever.I am a very good listener.Love you millions.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

Kandy said...

I haven't lost anyone like you have but I can so relate to the being lonely. I don't think anyone really realizes just how lonely I get and just how much I've been hurt. It gets really old always coming home to an empty house and never having a special someone to spend time with.

Lynne said...

Hi Carlene,

I'm back to blogger.com and used to post under "I'm On A Mission". I resurrected it because I do miss writing and your blog made my short list.

I am so sorry for your feeling lonely. Wish we were close enough neighbors because I'd offer you to come over and drink sweet tea on the back porch and I'd love to hear Wyatt and William. Bet they keep you in stitches! Praying God blesses you on Mother's day!