Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Am Home

It is strange when you think about it...having a home in Facebook Land. 

But I do...and you do too,  if you live amongst us.

I think of it as a virtual neighborhood...a place like "CHEERS". The sitcom about a bar, where you can 'go where everybody knows your name.'

Here in Facebook Land, I have good friends and family. Ones that are here to cheer me up when I am down, help me when I am in need and even pray for me when I am in need of a Higher Power.

I was at work when my daughter showed me a post by one of my friends. Sally had posted a picture that she took of me that day at the Bar-B-Que while she and her mom ate lunch. Underneath that post was over 40 comments...all from good friends and family who, without another thought, offered to donate money and even a free computer to help me come back home.

It amazed me to think that they care about Me...I am nothing special....just an old lady who was a little country girl who came from the poorest of poor...who yet still lives in a tiny rundown Milltown house on the wrong side of the tracks.

It touched my heart..made my soul sing...to know that there are yet still angels among us...that there are still good people in this world of ours and they are actually my friends and family... and all those people care about me. It made me cry, made me humble...made me want to strive to be a better, more caring person, like they are. It made me want to hug every last one of them.

It made me bow my head right there at my table at work and say a prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for all of them and asking Him to bless them all for their loving kindness.

Yes...I have a home in Facebook Land...and it is filled with angels....

And a secret Santa.

Thank God I am home.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Carlene, you are the one who is the caring, loving person. You show so much love to everyone with never a spiteful or mean word. We love you!

Kath said...

I am so happy you are home Carlene.They say "Home Is Where The Heart Is",and there are some very caring and warm hearts in Facebook Land and lots of Love.You reap what you sew and you sew lots of love.You have one of the biggest hearts too.God is Good he answers our prayers,no matter how long we have to wait.Welcome Home Dear Friend love you millions.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

Donna said...

We've all been through so much together, haven't we?

Ruby said...

:) hugs and a smile.. now can I be your Facebook friend too?
Welcome back .. :)

LYN said...

I couldn't agree more...we are a caring bunch us bloggers and Fbooker's... xxxxxxxxxxx

Gerry said...

Well, I am glad your FB friends have given you such a big lift and helped you to come back within their (our) midst again. Cheers! (speaking of Cheers)

Kathy said...

Carlene, I hope you never underestimate just how much you mean to us because of how much of yourself you share with us. We all love you. I love you because you are one of the kindest, most sincere people I have yet to meet. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but if someone asked me what five on-line friends I would want to meet in person you would top the list. I have to keep the other four a secret ;)

Donna said...

Hey, I left a comment here earlier. Where did it go?

Suzi Que said...

Home wasn't home without you, Carlene. I'm glad you're back! I missed you, your words of comfort, compassion, your stories about your grand-babies, the things you cooked for supper... Indeed, if FB is another home, through it we've lived in your house, and comfortably, too...Thank you for letting us into your life. I'm privileged since I can call you cousin... and quite proud too. I love knowing that so many people look up to you and care about you.

Love you!

Sue Ellen.

Suzi Que said...

Ladybug, it is you who have brought us to YOUR home with your open heart, your sweet disposition, your words of comfort and compassion, your stories of your life, your trials, your victories, your grand babies, what you cook for dinner, sharing the pain of having a mother with Alzheimer's,letting us peek into the life of the most down to earth, real, sweet person on FB... Welcome home. I'm proud to be the cousin of someone that so many look up to and care about. Love you, Sue Ellen.

Barb said...

You're one very special lady, Carlene. I'm so glad you have your computer now; even happier that you know how treasured you really are.
Hugs, love, and always my prayers.

Carlene Noggle said...

RUBY: yes you can be my facebook friend..look for me on facebook or give me your facebook profile name and i will add you!

Ruby said...

Thank you Carlene >>Its Ruby Pestotnik :) Im a Grandma of 3 girls 9year old,6 year old and 7 months email is rypestotnik@gmail.com.