Wednesday, June 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT!

   HBSinger

Amanda and Kelvin held a birthday party for Wyatt  this past Sunday. Amanda baked a sheet cake and then she and Kelvin decorated it.  They made it look like a tractor pull! Which was  right up Wyatt's alley! That child loves tractors!

   0612011558

      He has a cold, but he still had fun.

Every time someone would come in carrying a gift, Wyatt would excitedly tell me,  “Maw-Maw; my presents are coming!!! ” He was so thrilled and had to wait such a long time before getting to open up those glorious presents!  So he kept trying to sneak a little bitty bit of paper off a present without his mama seeing him! He would pinch a teeny tiny piece off  and wad it up in his little hand, and run throw it in the trash can! And William???

    042911194002_0001

Well, he was running around trying to feed their new little kitty cat to their new German Shepherd pup!!!

   0612011502

“Finally! I get to open Maw-Maw’s present!!”

It did my heart good to see my grandchildren Sunday, but I had a dark cloud hidden deep in my heart. You see, when I woke up Sunday morning, I did like I always do, I looked on Facebook . The very first post I saw was one of a dear friend… One who was there for me before and after Danny died…

My friend, Lori is the type that takes care of everything and everybody. She works without ceasing for her family. She loves her children and grandchildren and puts them above and beyond anything…including herself.   Her first post literally screamed at me; Wes not breathing”  And then, “dear God take me, not Weston” and then, “Weston is gone.”

It was then that my heart stopped and my mind absolutely refused to accept what my eyes were seeing. I tell you, the illogical thought of  “Surely this must be some kind of new and cruel hacking/spamming joke.”  kept running through my brain. When  the words of her posts began to finally sink in, the words that came bubbling up like a volcano from my very soul were; “Oh God…Oh GodOh Heavenly Father…. nooooooooooo…nooooooooo

    angelscried

You see, my friend’s two month old grandson, Weston… a little cherub… a beautiful little baby boy.…One who had been fine Saturday when she posted a video of him cooing …was gone.  Just that fast.  Gone. God be with them. I can not begin to imagine the pain they are feeling …but I do know the pain that I am feeling for them. I pray that God grant them all Shalom.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought a pork roast yesterday. This morning when I got up, it was calling to me from within the refrigerator. It told me it wanted to be part of the bigger story. It wanted to become a huge pot of Brunswick stew.

Okay…so the pork roast really didn’t call out to me…but I just knew it did want to become part of the Brunswick stew I made today, and it got it’s wish!  Dan had been dropping hints for weeks that he had no more stew in the freezer, sooooo ….

After making a quick trip to Moon’s Grocery to get some more chicken, corn, tomatoes and grab some of their containers…( I don’t like their tops!)  It took me from 7:30 this morning until 3:00 pm to finish cooking  all of it. I let it sit and cool down, while I drove Dan out to the Publix shopping center to get a hair cut! When I came back home, I ladled it up into the containers. I ended up with 10 quarts and 10 pints and two bowls that held a pint and a half each.

      Guess what we had for supper??

   0614012353

     Freezing it to put in the big freezer

You know, I try to make Dan some stew about once a year and each time I do, I have even more respect for my bosses than I did before. They do this every week and let me tell you, they make a heck of a lot more than I did today. Just ONE of their aluminum pots hold more stew than I could make in three days!! 

       DannyChrisloveyoumore

Trust me…

My weary body could tell you right now just how long ,hard, and hot work making Brunswick Stew is

But I  made my young-un happy today…and that makes up for everything.

Until next time…

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

4 comments:

Rose said...

There are so many things in this world that I do not understand. Only God does and my heart breaks whenever a child is taken from this earth. you are so right that this little angel is with Him, but I still cannot even touch the pain his family must be feeling.

your little guys are getting so big...I'm with you they are a true blessing and make me happy every single day.

have a great day hon!

Gerry said...

Brunswick stew is one of my all time favorites. My aunt used to make and bottle it, so we would have a quart every now and then all winter. No stew is better!
I noticed in the video the baby had oxygen when first born. Was he premature? But he seemed to be growing and doing fine throughout. He also seemed to know he was surrounded by a loving family. At least that will have been a comfort, and it is so great to see Wyatt and Will growing as they are and you and their parents and uncles, etc, enjoying them so much. That's all we can do is love them while we have got them!

madcobug said...

Great post Carlene.
Happy Birthday to Wyatt. His and William's pictures were so cute.
May God send peace to Lori's family.
That brunswick stew sounds delicious.
I hope your work week goes well.
Helen

TARYTERRE said...

That brunswick stew sounds yummy. I've never had any. Happy Birthday to your Wyatt. Him and his brother are too cute for words. So sorry to hear about your friends sudden loss. May memories sustain them during this difficult time.