Wednesday, June 22, 2011

GOD BLESS THE LITTLE CHILDREN

One of the things I love about little children is that it doesn’t take a whole lot of anything to make them happy…

061511192127

Daddy cutting our watermelon! 

Take Wyatt and William for instance, the first just turned three years old and the latter just turned eighteen months old. I have noticed that there are certain things that Wyatt just has to do when he came to see me.  This child is sure enough a little creature of habit. He has to get my small two step ladder and put it in the living room. You would be amazed at just how many things that child can find to do on that one little ladder! He will climb up it, he will turn around and climb down it. He will sit on the top of it and he will turn around and slide off the back of it. This can go on for hours, as he neglects the very many so called real toys overflowing his and Will’s toy box.

061511192523_0001

William with a piece of melon as big as he is!

He has to play with his Wee-Dough; which is the name Wyatt gave Play-Dough. I know he can pronounce the correct name very well, because he will each and every time I ask him to. Why he calls it Wee-Dough only he knows.

wyattmelon

Wyatt tearing into his piece of melon!

But the very best thing Wyatt loves??? Well, from the time he was born, that child has loved to be on my bed. The thrill of his little life is to go into “Maw-Maw’s bedroom”. Since he was old enough to hold a baby rattle in his little fist, I have kept a very small wicker basket of toys to amuse him in my room and since he was old enough to sit and walk, he has loved getting on my bed and having that basket placed in front of him.

061611201410

Someone’s been eating the blackberries mama picked!

Some of the toys are the very same ones that have been in that basket since day one; His  Glow Worm that plays tunes, a baby doll that cries unless you give it a bottle, and some small plastic blocks. Yet, to this day, he will take out all the toys and carefully examine and play with each and every one as if it is the very first time . 

After he has done this, he will slide off the side of the bed and climb up on my old storage ottoman that sits by the bedside table. He will then grab the pull chain on my small table lamp and turn it on. Wyatt loves LIGHT…always has. When he goes into any room, he will tell you right quick, “turn the light on”, no matter how light and bright the room may be. 

wyatt2011

Wyatt on his little stool

As he pulls the chain on that little lamp, he will turn and smile the biggest smile at me and say, “Maw-Maw (in sing-song voice) the light is COLD!” 

This comes from the time when he was around 18 months old and I told him not to touch the light because it was hothaving forgotten that I had replaced the old bulb with a new florescent one. Well, of course Wyatt just had to touch that light to see if it truly was hot and actually found out to his delight that it was cold.

So, one of my grandson’s  first sentences was,MAW-MAW, THE LIGHT IS COLD!”  and trust me, he hasn’t forgotten it. He always laughs so hard, as if it is the funniest thing that his Maw-Maw was wrong!!!

0307011130_0001

Wyatt on top of the couch!

Yesterday, when Amanda brought him and William over to see me, I was busy finishing up with the washing of my living room and kitchen curtains. After pausing to fix Wyatt and William a little breakfast, I began hanging the curtains back up, sharing the little two step ladder with the boys, being careful not to step on them on the way down!  As soon as I was through, sure enough, Wyatt asked to go into my room.

Now days, even little brother knows the drill! William went straight to the bed and held his little arms up to me to be picked up and placed on Maw-Maw’s bed, while big brother climbed up all by himself…where they both carefully took each and every toy out of that old wicker basket and examined them.

032211132835

William in serious thought!

As Wyatt slid off the bed and headed for the ottoman to pull the light chain on, baby brother Will grabbed the baby doll and tried to stuff  the bottle into it’s mouth. When he couldn’t get the bottle into it’s mouth to shut it up, he picked the baby doll up and put it on his shoulder, patting it’s ( up-side-down) back!!  Sure enough, only moments later, Wyatt pulled the light chain on, and looked at me, laughing his head off saying “Maw-Maw…(in sing-song voice) the light is COLD!”

Nope, it doesn’t take that much to make little children happy…some warm clothes in the winter, cool clothes in the summer, good home cooked food, something cool to drink when they are thirsty and most importantly; plenty of LOVE …

With big bear hugs thrown in for good measure.

wyattand willJune2011

Is it possible to look at this picture of these two little angels God blessed us with and NOT cry???

I believe that we come into this world with an inner voice telling us what is important, what will make us happy and what is comforting.

We may lose sight of that as we grow up, but fortunately we tend to revert back to it..

 As we go into our senior years.

Thank goodness.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

7 comments:

Kath said...

All so true Carlene and I can relate to every word you write here.I think us Maw Maw's as Whyatt says all have these memories of our Grandchildren when they were small as yours are now.My Grandboys only ever wanted a cardboard box and one called it his train the other his Digger LOL!!I kept those boxes untill they dropped to bits LOL!!!Many pictures of the little ones asleep I look back on and cry.I will send you one via e. mail,of first Grandson.ENJOY them LOVE goes a looooooong way God Bless them both.
Take Care God Bless Kath xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Awww those pictures are just adorable and what you've said is soooo true. You are blessed by those little ones. Sometimes it is good to be reminded of what is truly important in our lives.

madcobug said...

Very good entry Carlene. I enjoyed reading every word of it. Wyatt is so funny about the step stool and that cold night LOL and Will is following right in his footsteps. LOL about Will and the baby doll. God bless them both and God Bless you. Lovya,
Helen

TARYTERRE said...

To see the world through the eyes of a child is a wonderful thing. ENJOY every moment. Loved seeing your precious ones in the photos. My favorite was the watermelon picture.

Arlene (AJ) said...

You're indeed blessed to have Wyatt and William to love each day, they are adorable and I know they bring so much joy and sunshine to your life.

Rose said...

Grand babies are such a gift from God a true joy! I love each of mine!! xo

Suzi Que said...

I love it, Carlene!!!And I love you too!