Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Last Day of May

0419011622

             My back yard: 4/19/2011

I have always wished I had a back deck to sit out on in the evenings!

If I am going to keep a journal, then I sure as heck need to be writing more often in it! I am mad at me. So many, many days have gone by ( nearly a month!)  and they are now lost, all because I was just too lazy to write it down.

SpringBunny

Back in the old days of AOL JOURNALS, there were so many of us writing that it was hard to keep up with each other. Tonight I went over to check on some of my fellow bloggers and some of them are not even there anymore.

There was one lady who’s journal was about her sister having Alzheimer's ; “WATCHING MY SISTER DISAPPEAR” …The last post she wrote was around two years ago and it was titled; “John’s Turn Now”. It was about how her husband now had the same disease! I sure wish I knew how she was..but there is no email…nothing I can follow up on to find her.

friends

Now most of us have went over to Facebook and we tend to forget our journals. Some of my old AOL JOURNAL friends are now on my Facebook friends list, so at least I can keep up with them. One of the best things Danny ever gave me was the computer for my Christmas present a few years before he passed away. I don’t know what I would have done all those hundreds of nights I couldn’t sleep after he died, if it had not been for my online friends. They were there and they kept me going.

050811134842_0001

     Wyatt in his rocker: 5/08/2011

042911194002_0001

  Will on my front porch : 4/29/2011

Wyatt and William are growing so fast…too fast. I often  tell Amanda she needs to enjoy every minute of them being small because before she knows it,  they will be grown and leaving home…  But no one can prepare a mother for that empty nest feeling, it is something one has to learn themselves. Now I know how my mama felt when we all left.

0508011932a

Mama : on Mother’s day, 2011

My mama is doing as okay as possible, but Alzheimer’s is taking her farther and farther away from me…Most times she doesn’t recognize me as her daughter, but will recognize my name and think I am an aid at the nursing home. On days that he goes with me , she seems to  think that Dan (my son) is my husband…It is only when I point at the picture on her wall of Danny that she remembers “Danny Noggle” …and that only lasts for a few moments. This breaks my heart every time…She loved Danny so much.

Dan cut the grass for me last week and I didn’t even have to help!  Wyatt, William and Amanda was here, so we sat outside and watched him. When Dan would get close to my roses and such, Wyatt would start yelling, “STAY AWAY FROM MAW-MAW’S BUSHES!!”  and no…he didn’t hear me saying that either! Pretty smart for a two year old, ( soon to be three) huh??

It was really hot today and is suppose to get hotter. I dread next month’s electric bill because I have had the air on for a while now. Our water/sewage bill doubled this month because of new City Hall rates. Mine was right at $140.00. I don’t know how we low income folks can keep making it what with EVERYTHING going up…groceries, utilities, cable..not to even mention GAS…  But God has still been so good to us here in Greene County. Though we have had storm damage, we have not had the devastation that Missouri has had by the killer tornadoes…

I pray that we never ever have to experience that.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

6 comments:

Gerry said...

Good to see you blogging again, Carlene. I am glad that you have got Wyatt to watch out for your bushes. That was funny. I always felt that my mother's impairment when she got old would pass as soon as she left her damaged body, that maybe that handicap had been put on her to make her life easier confined to a wheel chair when she had been so active all her life. We see the body getting damaged in all kinds of ways that people might recover from or have to death. The damaged body confines the spirit so it cannot fly, but that maybe because she also has a great desire to stay with you as long as possible.

Paula said...

Good to see a post from you Carlene. Yes there are so many from AOL journals who have just faded away. We do miss our good friends but I guess that is just the way life is. Take care and stay cool.

LYN said...

Lovely to read a post from you..I need to do an entry in my blog too..

madcobug said...

I have neglected my blog also Carlene. I have noticed that there are not many who still write. Good for Dan cutting your grass. Maybe he will help you a lot this hot summer. Cute of Wyatt wanting him to watch Maw maw's bushes.
Seems like that is awful high for a water bill. Ours is under $40 a month and that includes garbage pickup once a week but sewage is not included. We have a septage system. Have a good day and try to stay cool. Lovya, Helen

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene it was so nice to see your blog updated, have been wondering how you and your family were doing. Sounds like you've had a lot going on your way, just hang in there dear, just take it one day at a time and make the most of the good moments each day. The grandkids are so cute, loved that about staying away from your roses when Dan was mowing.

Sonya said...

Glad you had a post! And I'm glad I had a lunch hour to sit and read blogs so I can see it in the "real big way" instead of on google reader on my phone.

Yes, the AOL days were really special. An era all on it's on. I'm glad you got the PC too! My Mom really has enjoyed her lap top to replace the many nights at home alone since Dad left us. She loved Farmville and now Frontierville. They overwhelm me b/c I don't have time to play like that. Nice of Dan to do the yard! Hope you have a great day and I hope you post more often. A lot are having trouble commenting. Not sure what is going on but it is working for me ok.