Thursday, February 17, 2011

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Today I got up early; well, earlier than usual for a work day. As I  walked the pups, I noticed how foggy it was outside and wondered if it would rain.

       

                          DANNY AT EMORY 2005

Later, I came inside, cooked breakfast and afterwards, took a shower. I put my clothes on, and went to my bedroom to get my purse and keys.

I keep most of the sweet stuff and drinks in my bedroom, because my son Dan is a diabetic. When he started raiding the sweets while I was at work and his sugar begin to spike, I had the old doorknob taken off and a new one with a lock put on!

So, this morning, I got my purse, shut and locked my bedroom door,and went into the kitchen. I was going to get my R.C. Cola out of the refrigerator to take to work with me!  Before I got to the refrigerator though, it dawned on me that I didn’t have my keys. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them, Then it hit me...I had left my keys in my bedroom! 

IN MY LOCKED BEDROOM!

DsDesignsOMG

I tired using a screwdriver, a butter knife, and even some old keys to no avail! I was just fixing to take the screwdriver and get my hammer and knock the pins out of the hinges, when I thought to go outside and  try to go through the window. I got the old plastic lawn chair and pulled it up to the window. I stepped up on it and was just too short to get to the window. So I got the little plastic table and sat it on the chair. I stepped up on it…and it sank to the bottom of the chair…but I was high enough to at least get the screen to unlock and come off the window and then raise the wooden window up. The only trouble was, I couldn’t get my leg up high enough, nor push myself up high enough to get in the window!

So I called Dan…who was laughing at me! He kept saying, Mama if you hadn’t put that lock on the door, you wouldn’t be having to do this!!! Oh, I wanted to pinch his head off!

Did I mention that by this time it was ALSO RAINING???

Dan finally got through the window and went straight to my desk where I keep my keys and they WERE NOT THERE. So, after I finally go the window put back together and went inside, I set about looking for my keys AGAIN.  

Would you believe they were sitting right up under my purse???? Dan thought it was hilarious, but not me…

I have always said that  my legs are way too short, and today it proved true, because I sure wanted to kick my own butt!

Because, after all that…..

I left my dang R.C. Cola at home.

GOD BELSS YOU ALL.

 

12 comments:

Suzi Que said...

Bless your heart! I hate days like that! I got a chuckle out of this, though, so it wasn't for naught! I love you, Carlene.

Sue

Donna said...

Oh Carlene, I feel for you, but this is hilarious! Sounds like something that would happen to me.

Indigo said...

At 5'1 I have to climb everything, in order to reach what I want. I literally carry a step stool around the kitchen to reach the cupboards. And yes, I've been known to just hop up on the counter and stand up.

Sounds like a not so fun day. (Hugs)Indigo

Sheila said...

LOL...oh the everyday joys of life...ha. Hope the day got better. Have a great weekend, Sheila

Gerry said...

I did laugh at this story. You told it well, too. I am just thankful that climbing on that little table did not end in a worse fix. I have lost things though in that fashion. All's well that ends well!

TARYTERRE said...

Oh my goodness, what a time you had looking for your keys. So glad you finally found them.

Missie said...

I'm sorry to laugh but this really was a funny entry!

Have a good week.

Lisa said...

Oh Carlene... this sounds so much like something I would do!! Hugs to you!!

Lisa said...

This sounds like something I would do !! And after all that no RC... so funny though. Delightfully written!

Lisa said...

I'm chuckling with you all the way through this entry... sounds like something I would do!

Kathy said...

Oh Carlene, I feel your angst but I am having a good chuckle. :)

Adirondackcountrygal said...

May I laugh at you? LOL I can just picture it now! You are so sweet, I love how you tell a story! Hey you could stop buying RC cola too, or just buy all diet! I hate diet cola tho.