Sunday, November 14, 2010

DELAYED REACTION

FAMILYBOOTANDSHELBY

                   Boot and Shelby

I found a picture of my nephew and his sister online tonight and I decided I wanted to save that picture…so after I right clicked on it, I had to “name the file”

Before thinking about it, I automatically typed…

Boot and Sissy.

Because for nearly 19 years, it was always BOOT AND SISSY

Where you saw one, you usually saw the other. Boot had a love for his little sister like no other brother I have ever known. I have seen him, even as a very young child, intentionally cause a fuss if he thought Sissy was about to get in trouble…just to pull the attention away from her.

Only this time, it wasn’t Sissy in the picture..it was his youngest sister Shelby.  Little Shelby is one of the sweetest young ladies I have ever met…a natural ray of sunshine… so very beautiful and chock full of that Georgia southern charm.

So much like Sissy.

As I sat here looking at what I had typed, something snapped within me. I wanted to scream, to rip things up and throw them against the walls, to lie down on the floor and have a freaking all out tantrum…as I sat there sobbing like I haven’t since the day my Danny died.

I think all the tears I had stored within me for years came to the surface.

I guess I had what they call a delayed reaction.

You see…

There was a terrible car accident…

We buried Sissy over a month ago.

She was only 18 years old for gosh sake…

Sissy never got the chance to truly live her life.

Our entire family has an empty place that can never be filled and we miss her so very much.

You never know….

You just never know….

Here one minute...

Gone the next.

Rest In Peace Laura Ashley Epps…

LAURAh

          OUR SISSY

You will never be forgotten.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

10 comments:

LYN said...

so terribly sad...I can feel your sorrow in your words...

Gerry said...

Doesn't seem right that someone so young and beautiful should have to die in a car accident. It's hard to understand why that can happen. Such things also hurt the rest of the family so much. So sorry it had to happen in your family.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene I truly understand your pain dear....my Sis Elaine and 17 year old nephew Kenny were both killed because of a doctor driving drunk in Pennsylvania and I know what our family went through and still does...time does help with the pain and because we loved them so they are always held close in your heart...they'll never be forgotten. Bless you dear.

Rose said...

there are no words Charlene. It is always tragic when one so young passes. I am so sorry.

Paula said...

So very sorry for your loss Carlene.

Lisa said...

Sending you extra special prayers!! I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Missie said...

She was taken way too early. Prayers for the family going up.

Lisa said...

How tragic. I am sending Prayers your way. I cannot offer any words since words to heal your heart but I'll be thinking of you. Bless her heart.
xxx
Lisa

Ally Lifewithally said...

Carlene I was so sad to read about Sissy ~ I could feel your sorrow and shared your tears ~ My thoughts and prayers are with you ~ Ally x

Suzi Que said...

I only just now saw this... I can't begin to imagine what you and the family must be going through. I'm just so sorry!!!