Saturday, August 14, 2010

ANTS , BUBBA, AND WEE WILL

I have ants in my car! Yes … ants!  My car sits under a pecan tree in my front yard, so I guess that’s where the ants are coming  from. There’s nothing like driving down the highway and feeling an ant biting the blue blazes out of your foot that’s on the accelerator!   And what’s up with that anyway?  How in the heck can an ant bite that hard???  Have you ever seen an ant’s mouth??? Me neither! Heck, their heads aren’t big enough for a mouth to be on it…much less have teeth!!!  I am seriously thinking about throwing an ant bomb in the car tonight…what yall think?

0725000828

Amanda, Wyatt, Kelvin and William in Helen, Ga.

I got to bring Wyatt home with me Thursday evening after I got off work. I was so tired form working all day, but yall know grandma’s are hardly ever too tired for their grandbabies. Since Wyatt was here, he helped me walk the dogs. ( He has been helping me walk the dogs since he himself first learned how to walk. )The daddy dog, Bubba, is getting a little older now, so it takes him a while to get his mind set on going wee-wee…. so, I had walked the dogs up the street and back several times…in 97 degree heat…with Wyatt walking right along by my side… when all of a sudden Wyatt  sort of does a side kick towards Bubba and says very loudly and in as stern a voice as a two year old can  muster up ,GO  PEE  BUBBA!”

Well let me tell you...I nearly fell out !!!  I didn’t know the kid could even say that, much less realize that Bubba was the reason we were going up and down the street so many times!  Not wanting to encourage his kicking at animals, I nearly choked just trying not to laugh as I told him we mustn't be mean to animals!

Amanda has a heavy metal baby gate that Kelvin’s mom gave them . It is a nice one that is real sturdy. Amanda put it in between their living room and kitchen doorway so the kids can’t get into the kitchen while she cooks.. Well, our little William has learned to crawl to the baby gate and pull himself up. Then he stands there at the baby gate holding on with one hand and jumping up and down while just a jabbering! (Amanda says he reminds her of  a little monkey when he does that! lol )

You know…there’s not much of anything that can bring a smile to your face like a baby can…and just let that baby be your grandbaby and oh my…

Suddenly your world seems a whole lot brighter.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

9 comments:

Gerry said...

What a cute grand kid story. I will tell you that Wyatt is a little genius or anyway that is how grandmas think. Takes me back to the days of tending my grandson Jamal. He came out of my front door where I was standing witnessing a bad fight next door, with one woman trying to get into the other woman's apt so she could beat her up. We had been watching "Cops." When we got back inside 4 year old Jamal said, "Grandma, let's never watch Cops again!" He apparently thought one of the dramas on Cops had jumped out in real life next door!

madcobug said...

Those Grandkids give you so much pleasure. Wyatt is learning fast and so is William. Great picture of them as a family. Hugs, Helen

Ally Lifewithally said...

As you so rightly say there is no one like our own Grandbabies and we are never to tired to entertain them ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

I have spiders in my car they live behind the wing mirrors abd come crawling out when the car starts I think they like to watch the views as we drive along ~ I have heard how awful an ant bite can be ~ (they are so small you would not think that is possible:o(
Hope you can get them out asap ~ Ally x

Rose said...

they are a gift from God!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do so agree with you. They do give us brighter days in many ways.

Barbara said...

Linkletter had it right. Kids DO say the darndest things. ROFL

Lisa said...

i'm thrilled you got to take Wyatt for a bit!! I LOL'd at the sight of him yelling and kicking at the dog. FUNNY!!! He is so smart!!!

Love ya!

oh, and i HATE ants!

TARYTERRE said...

Kids do indeed say the darndest things. They grow up much too quickly. Enjoy this stage while you can. Grandparents are so lucky. I had an ant invasion a while back. They're pesky little fellas. I say bomb 'em.