Saturday, May 15, 2010

WATCH OUT…THEY STEAL YOUR HEART!

Whew…I am so glad that this work week is over with.

Isn’t it strange how we wish all our days away while we are working ?

And how come the three days that I work go so much slower than the four days that I am off ?

                  0508001956a

Sort of like when your kids are small, you are all the time wishing they would hurry up and get big enough to take care of themselves…then when they grow up and leave home, to take care of themselvesyou wish they were little again.

I think that is why being  a grandparent is so much fun…You get the best of both worlds…

              0512001534

I love my grandbabies so much. I never thought you could love someone as much as you do your children…but these two little boys have stolen my heart.

                  0508001955

Wyatt was over here at my house Wednesday. His mama was getting William ready to go home  and asked me to take Wyatt outside and get him seated in his car seat.  Well on the way to the car, little Wyatt took a detour and saw his Turtle pool/sand box sitting up on the picnic table.

He immediately started saying, “Pool Maw-maw”… and then…“water Maw-maw” and finally, as he struggled to pull the water hose off the holder… in the loudest little voice he could muster… FIM MAW-MAW ”  . ( ‘Fim’  is Wyatt's way of saying swim. )

I honestly tried to dissuade him…I truly did…telling him that his mama wanted him to go home with her…that Will was already in the car…that we would “Fim” another day…but it wasn’t working…

That baby wanted to “fim”  and nothing was going to change his mind…It was either put him in the car and watch as he cried his little heart out…or let him “Fim”. So, I told his mama to go ahead and I would bring him on home later on.

            0512001452

Now I had a lot to do…not to mention that my legs and feet were swollen and hurting pretty bad…but I could not let that baby go home when he wanted to “fim " so badly.

And so he stayed with ‘Maw-maw’….and she let him “Fim”….and he swam….and he swam….and he swam…Then the little girl and boy down the street came up…Wyatt loves this little girl and calls for her by name every time he is over here in my front yard.

So, while they were here, the kids had themselves a little picnic, a sort of pool party I guess you could call it…as I gave them all some Vienna sausages , crackers, and ice cold pieces of  watermelon…

And my little Wyatt was in heaven!!!               

            0512001444

By that time, they could have sawed these two old swollen legs slap off my body for all I cared…

Because for me to be able to see that baby enjoying himself like he did…

Well, let me tell you…

that is one memory that will last my lifetime

and beyond…

If the good Lord will let it.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

14 comments:

Indigo said...

You just gave me one of the biggest smiles reading this. Thank you! (Hugs)Indigo

Lisa said...

What a sweet entry Carlene!!! Thanks for sharing Wyatt's day with us!! Love how he says "fim!" for swim!!
Just precious!!!
Lisa in KY

madcobug said...

Glad that you got to enjoy Wyatt a while longer. Cute pictures. Helen

Sonya said...

Oh that is awesome!

Glad you are enjoying being a maw-maw. And a good maw-maw let's her grandbaby fim he wants to fim. lol Cute.

Suzi Que said...

This is just too sweet! I love reading these. I can just about hear him telling you he wanted to 'fim, maw maw'. Isn't it strange how "No" came so much easier to our kids than it comes for the grandkids?

Wyatt and William have a super special maw maw... I have a super special and loving cousin.

Sue

Gerry said...

I can just see him sure that he could wheedle his grandma into letting him get in there and 'fim.' I know my little Dante would want to go to the park and so off we would go where he would find some sand to play cars on or some kids to play with since he did not get to go outside a lot at his age. My oldest two grandchildren were kept away from me by their mother and I never got to know them at all. So since I had looked forward to grandchildren that caused a pain for many years. She even went so far as to take them 130 miles away to live that insured my son would hardly ever see them let alone me. Then she began to have unceasing trouble with her youngest daughter and still does, so this did not turn out well for her either. But I would always send them a birthday card and money and the same at Christmas. The circumstances were altogether different when my son and daughter had their children, so then I was able to really appreciate the privilege of being able to tend my grandchildren because of never having had the chance to interact with the first ones. I also had sympathy for other grandmothers or dads especially who never got to interact with some of their grand kids or kids. Doc never even knew his kids because she told the judge she did not believe they were even his! This achieved her purpose of removing him from their lives. She said that and gave up the child support so as not to have to deal with him, mainly he said because the oldest one would cry to stay with him! I believe that since at that time he must have been a very charming and intelligent man. I think she was afraid he would win their affection away from her, something like that, since the divorce was caused by her. This caused him such pain he seems never to have recovered from it. So there are a lot of sad stories out there where people don't get to interact with grand kids and even their own kids. Which makes your story of continuing to forge such a strong bond with yours so beautiful.

Donna said...

I still recall moments like that with my two oldest grandchildren, and they are in their twenties. Sweet memories.

Barbara said...

Sounds like Wyatt did a wonderful job of getting you mind off your own aches, pains and worries! What a blessing for you both. :o)

Kath said...

OH!! Carlene I have laughed my sides sore at this posting.You sent me back years but I was just the same at that time LOL!!I love how Wyatt comes up with fim, one of mine used to say fwim and this is what made me laugh so so much and brought back the memories heeeee.Thankyou for the great laugh I had and cheering me this evening.Thers no way of telling anybody how much we love them.The pictures are fabulous,thankyou for sharing them.I hope your legs are feeling much better.Have a blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sayit-baldys said...

WONDERFUL MEMORIES THEY ARE CHARLENE. SAVOR THEM. sam

Sheila said...

You are making wonderful memories and you are a great Maw-Maw. Sheila

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful time you had with your grandson. It is a treasured moment for sure.
Hope your Monday is a great one!

Lisa said...

This is truly an adorable story and I enjoyed every moment of it. That IS truly a precious memory.
xxx
Lisa

Shininggoober said...

Yes, that wonderful memory will stay with you always. Hope your legs are better now.