Wednesday, May 19, 2010

UNANSWERED PRAYERS

          DsDesignsSpringWindow
One of my favorite Bible verses is Isaiah40:31:

“ But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. ”

Whenever I feel discouraged, I think of this verse … and trust me;  it has helped me to get through some rough times.
To me, it means that although God may not answer our prayers in our time, or in our wayHe will answer them in His time and in His way.

               0414001622
                       My sweet mama

Down through the years of my life…I can remember sometimes thinking , “why doesn’t God answer my prayer ?”  Looking back now, years later, I know that God did indeed answer my prayers…each and every one of them.

Oh, it may not have been the answer I had been praying for, ( thank goodness ) but I realize that He always knew far better than me what I needed each and every timeand He supplied it. See, God already knows what the future holds for usand we don’t.

              0518001525
             Wyatt  at his table at Maw-maw’s house

When I think back on all the prayers that I can remember sending up to God … prayers for things that I thought I needed or prayers for what I thought would be the right outcome to some situation in my life at the time, well  it is a wonder if God even listens to me anymore!
 
I can just see Him shaking his head when He heard some of those prayers that I sent up and wondering if He remembered to put a brain in my head when He crated me!

               0518001458
                   Little Will loves spaghetti!

Tonight, I am grateful. I am grateful for the friends and folks that God puts in my life…I firmly believe that each and every one of them was given to me for a reason.

I am grateful for my family and thank God for all the days we are allowed to share together here on earth.

And in the words of Garth Brooks
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the Man upstairs…
That just because He doesn't answer, doesn't mean He don't care…


Some of God's greatest gifts…
 Are unanswered prayers.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

7 comments:

Suzi Que said...

This is so true! I have learned to truly consider all of the ramifications of what would happen if I got all I asked for. I think I will just take what comes when it comes...Another song I know says that "Sometimes God can punish you by answering your prayers" (the way you want them answered, of course.)Love you!

Kathy said...

Nicely said Carlene.

madcobug said...

Good post Carlene. I know without a doubt that God has answered many of my prayers. I believe there will be many more he will answer all in his own time. I know he does give us lots of things we don't ask for, such as this beautiful sunshine this morning. Lovya, Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the verse and the song and you are so right. We just have to trust that He will lift us up on those Eagle Wings!!! Thank you for the very inspirational entry today!

Hugs and prayers!

Missie said...

I haven't abandoned your blog. I just haven't felt like writing or reading lately. Feel better today though. It's almost the weekend. Yea!

Lisa said...

This is a lovely entry. I've found myself thinking my Prayers have been unheard and unanswered many times only to realize I didn't know best.
xxx
Lisa

Sayit-baldys said...

I LIKE THAT SCRIPTURE SAYING,'PRAY WITHOUT CEASING'.
SO I PRAY ON SAYING, LET EVERY BREATH BE A PRAYER PRAISING JESUS FOR HIS BLESSINGS AND THANKING HIM FOR RESCUING US SO MANY TIMES. sam