Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER’S DAY

              momday1

Yesterday, when I came home from work, Kelvin and Amanda came over and brought me two Knock Out Rose bushes from Wyatt and William for my Mother’s Day gift! I love roses! Then I got to watch Wyatt while Amanda and Kelvin went to a movie and ate out. Jessie  was kind enough to watch little Will for us.

            0509000804

                             My Knock-out Roses

Then this morning, Amanda, Kelvin and the kids surprised me and came to church! Charity and her children were there also! It was so nice to have family there ! I even got to see one of my cousins that I hadn’t seen in a while there!!!  Charity’s two daughters got up and sang some songs and they were so good! Wyatt loved their singing so much that he stood up in the pew and started swaying back and forth, clapping his little hands, and God bless his little heart; singing along with them, the only song he knows…

OLD MCDONALD HAD A FARM…E - I – E – I - O!!!

         0509001119

             Sitting in Church with Maw-maw

After church, I was taken out to eat at the Chop House in Madison…with my all my kids (Kelvin too!) and my grandchildren there…We had to wait a long time outside the restaurant, they were that busy, but it was worth it…the food was delicious!  This was the best Mother’s Day that I have had in a long time and the best part was having my young-uns sitting beside me at church.

            0508001956a

        Wyatt, yesterday at Maw-maw’s house

Dan and I got home this afternoon, and went to see my mama out at the Nursing home.  She didn’t know me at first, but after we were there for a while, she knew me. I bought her a new pair of pants and a nice blouse and also a new house coat…along with some candy and an ice cold coke and she was happy.  I also cleaned her winter clothes out her closet and put some springtime clothes in for her.

                 0508001955

   Little Will taking his big brother’s car for a spin!

My mama was a good mama  and her life wasn’t an easy one.

I remember how when I went out on a date, she never went to bed until I walked in the front door and she could make sure I was okay.  That use to bug me as a teen, but you know, after you have teens ( and even older children) of your own, you began to understand some things….

Like, no matter how old your children get, you will still worry about them….

and

No matter how old you get, you would still lay down your life for them,  if it came to that.

                0509000754a

          “Doodle-Doo”.. the rooster at my house

Being a mother is one of the hardest jobs there is, but also one of the most rewarding…

I wouldn’t  take a million dollars for the hugs and the sloppy wet kisses that my children gave me when the were little  …

Or the “I love you mama” or the “ night-night mama” that will live forever in my heart and soul.

That is what’s so special about being a grandma…You get to live it all over again and this time, you know what’s most important about child raising….

L – O – V - E

And you’ve lived long enough to know that….

All those  fancy “bringing up baby” books you read…

Well, didn’t amount to a hill of beans, did they ?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

5 comments:

madcobug said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful Mother's day. That was nice of them to go to church with you. Beautiful roses. That is a beautiful rooster at your house. Glad that you got to go see your Mother. You had a full day. God really blessed you. Lovya, Helen

Donna said...

Excellent entry, Carlene!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so good to hear you had such a great Mothers Day! I agree that those grandkids do mean so much. It is a blessing we get to enjoy them. You do more than I but still when I have the chance it's wonderful!

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, THOSE MEMORIES OF THE BABIES ARE PRICELESS.
SMILES WHEN ONLY A FEW HOURS OLD. HAD A HAPPY BEGINNING IN THE WOMB.

HOW CAN ANYONE BE CRUEL HEARTED ENOUGH TO CONDONE ENDING THE LIFE IN THE WOMB ? SICK MINDS.
LORD JESUS THANK YOU FOR BABIES AND LOVING MOTHERS.
SHOW SICK MINDS 'THE LIGHT'.sam

Kath said...

OH!!....CARLENE how I love to read your blog.Sorry for the absence,I know you will understand.I had to laugh at "Old McDonald had a farm",Bless him he-he.It brought back memories for me when my Grandchildren and my children were small(Sigh)I miss those times badly.Make the best of them now whilst they are small Carlene it's the best time.I was happy to read Mama is doing well,she has the BEST Daughter,then again her Daughter had the best Mama doesn't she?...
So glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day.I might not be around for every post you write, but know you and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers.Look after yourself.Take Care God Bless Kath xx