Thursday, April 1, 2010

LESSONS LEARNED

0329001741

Mama, me and Dorris

Some things you have to go through in life to be able to learn them. No matter how many people try to tell you before hand…you have to go through them yourself in  order to know.

Like when you are three or four years old and your mama says…‘don’t touch that wood heaterit is hot’…but the side of the heater is glowing so pretty and red…that you just have to touch it…

And you find out real quick…just what hot feels like…

0329001740

Me and my mama

Or  like when she tells you that one day you are going to understand why mama always worried about you…no matter how old you are…

You have to be a mama to know what she meant.

Folks will tell you that everything will change when you lose your husband…

carlenemeandboo

Danny and me.

The relationships with your children

amanda and dan

and even the family traditions that formed your life for over thirty five years…

They too are going to  change.

We just have to learn to deal with it…

and in the mean time…

We have our friends…

People that God put here on earth to help us get by….

To comfort us when we are down…

Just like when I walked into my home this evening after work and found not one

But two beautiful Easter cards from Tiffany and Cathy….

God bless you my friends.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Carlene, not only have you helped me get by up to this point, but your words of wisdom and experience will help me in the future. You are so very special to me.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Our Mama's sure did pass on good advice and now we can only hope to do the same for our children. Life is so full of changes for sure. How wonderful you are blessed by those great friends of yours.

Happy Easter to you and yours!
'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

You sure look like your Mama. She gave good advice as I am sure you did your children. God Bless you and your family this Easter. Hugs, Helen

Barbara said...

Though things may change, you prove that there is still good, joy, and purpose to be found in life! God bless you Carlene as you bless others!