Sunday, April 11, 2010

JUST LOOK AROUND YOU

         sunclouds

Someone asked me many, many years ago,  “How do you know for sure that there is a God?” and it took me by surprise, because I had never before really ever given it a thought…

I had just always known in my heart and soul that God existed.

It was late spring or early summer way back in 1969 0r so…back in the dark days of the Viet Nam War when all our young men were leaving home for that hell on earth…some never to return. So I guess it was only natural for the thought to surface. I was a teenager back then and out on a date with the person who had asked the question.

At the time…we were riding on various dirt roads out in the country. We had just crossed a beautiful little trickling stream that ran right across the road. A lot of the trees had blossoms  and there were wild flowers everywhere. The sky was Easter egg blue complete with white puffy clouds. That day, the  bright golden sunshine played hide and seek in and out of the thick forest of trees as we rode down that Georgia dirt road.

I was silently thinking of what I could say…wondering how on earth do you explain that something exists if you can’t see it. Then it came to me…just as if GOD Himself  had spoken to me….and maybe HE did

‘YOU CAN SEE THE EXISTENCE OF GOD.’

It was as if a new light had came on in my soul…I excitedly told him…“Just look around you…LOOK AROUND YOU!  Do you know anyone, any human being who could have created all this? Look at the sky…the sun…the stars and moon at night…and the wind…you can’t see the wind….but you feel it and know that it’s there…It’s like love….you can’t see love either…but you know it is there.” 

I believe I convinced him.

This has been a beautiful Sunday…

With those white puffy Cumulus clouds floating by lazily up above in the blue skies that were highlighted by golden sunshine……

It was almost like Someone had painted the scene on a giant canvas and it had taken on a life of it’s own.

I guess when you think about it enough…

Someone did.

So, after months of staying away…

I went to HIS HOUSE today so I could thank HIM…

It was about time, wasn’t it GOD?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

6 comments:

Gerry said...

You always write well, something I enjoy reading because of your intensity and passion for living. I think the Lord must have created you and said I did a good thing!

Paula said...

What a thought provoking entry Carlene. I'm glad you went back to HIS house.

Suzi Que said...

Beautiful post, Carlene! You have the ability to bring people into the moment with you - good stuff!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was such a great answer and so true. Who else could make the beautiful things all around us. Spring really shows off for sure. Hope your Monday is a great one!

Lisa said...

Beautiful entry. I'm with you on the fact that I just know....I never questioned why, it just is.
xxx
Lisa

Missie said...

Lately my kids have been questioning "GOD". I guess it's only normal as they become adults, however, I could't believe they even asked. In all my life so far, I never questioned. It just was, he just is.