Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A SMALL TOWN SOUTHERN MAN

daddyandamanda

TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN MY DADDY’S BIRHTDAY…HE DIED IN 1985 AND I STILL MISS HIM. HE WAS A WONDERFUL, KIND AND LOVING DADDY…

THEY SAY MOST TIMES A GIRL WILL CHOOSE A MAN LIKE HER DADDY…AND I DID…DANNY WAS JUST AS KIND AND GOOD AND LOVING .

TODAY IS ALSO THE DAY THAT WE BURRIED DANNY BACK IN 2006…I REMEMBER THINKING THEN THAT I WAS SENDING DADDY ONE HELL OF A GOOD BIRTHDAY PRESENT… FOR HE LOVED DANNY LIKE A SON.

dannyabc

ALAN JACKSON SINGS A SONG THAT REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF DANNY...AND ALSO MY DADDY…

HERE ARE PART OF THE LYRICS OF

A SMALL TOWN SOUTHERN MAN :


[Chorus:]
And he bowed his head to Jesus
And he stood for Uncle Sam
And he only loved one woman
(He) was always proud of what he had
He said his greatest contribution
Is the ones you leave behind
Raised on the ways and gentle kindness
Of a small town Southern man
(Raised on the ways and gentle kindness)
(Of a small town Southern man)


Callous hands told the story
For this small town Southern man
He gave it all to keep it all together
And keep his family on his land
Like his daddy, years wore out his body
Made it hard just to walk and stand
You can break the back
But you can't break the spirit
Of a small town Southern man

Finally death came callin'
For this small town Southern man
He said it's alright 'cause I see angels
And they got me by the hand
Don't you cry, and don't you worry
I'm blessed, and I know I am
'Cause God has a place in Heaven
For a small town Southern man..

THIS I KNOW IS TRUE….

I KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, THAT MY DADDY AND MY DANNY ARE BOTH IN HEAVEN.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What wonderful memories you do have. Your Dad was a special man and not everyone is able to say such warm loving words like you. That song is one I don't remember hearing but is a good one. Remembering the good times is a way to keep them close in our hearts.

Paula said...

Your Daddy was a nice looking man Carlene. I'm sure you do miss him but you do have nice memories.

Indigo said...

What a beautiful tribut to your Daddy on his birthday and Danny. Loved the song! (Hugs)Indigo

Missie said...

I bet your Dad is having a great birthday up in Heaven!

Kath said...

"Happy Birthday" Carlene to your wonderful Daddy in heaven.What a lovely picture and treasured memories too.Love the words of the song.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

madcobug said...

You know I think Danny even looked like him. God Bless, Carlene.
Lovya, Helen

ADB said...

Thank you for sharing those memories, Carlene

Sayit-baldys said...

YES, JESUS CERTAINLY WELCOMES HIS CHILDREN. sam

Rjet33 said...

A very touching entry, Carlene. My heart goes out to you. I have also lost my Daddy 19 years ago and I still miss him. I am so sorry for your losses, but you have also been blessed with those beautiful grandbabies. God is good!

natalie said...

Dear Carlene, hi!
I'm sorry that you are missing your Dad! Knowing you to be such a great person here he must have been fabulous!
hugs and love.natalie
p.s. please come by my blog, read soem entried and leave some of your great comments at:Lurkynat Love you Carlene
nat

Terri said...

Happy Birthday to your Daddy in Heaven and big hugs to you on Danny's anniversary...so sorry I am behind. I love that song as well...it says alot.

When you get a chance swing by my blog and pick up the award I have given you(I am still working on the entry so it might be a little bit) :)

Big Hugs and Love
Terri

Suzi Que said...

Aw, that was awesome Carlene! I remember your Daddy and he always had time to hold us, and to give us piggy back rides when we came to visit you all. We had so much fun! My Daddy died in 1984 - Seems like it was 10,000 years ago, but just yesterday too. He was born Valentines Day.