Thursday, February 11, 2010

ANGELS AMONG US

                   valentine

As I was standing by the take-out window during a lull at the Bar-B-Que today, I was thinking about Valentine’s Day…which lead me to think about those little bitty candy hearts that have the cute little sayings on them…You know the ones...they say; ‘kiss me’ or ‘hug me’ or ‘love’ or such.

Danny use to give me just one each Valentine’s Day with a box of chocolate candy and a card. Usually the one he gave me would say ‘love’ or ‘kiss me’ …and I too would give him one with his gift…a heart felt reminder of the times when we were young and gave each other a whole box of them…and thought we were doing something grand! lol

As  I stood there with all our Valentine Day memories running through my head, I took my finger and gently wrote “Danny” in the fog on the window….

Soon, a customer came up, which forced me out of my melancholy mood … Workit is one of the best things there is for the blues, isn’t it?

When I came home just now, I stopped at the chest by the front door to grab the mail that Dan places there for me to look at. Thankfully there were no bills…for a change…but there was one envelope with my name on it.  When I opened it up, imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE !!!!!

That it came today … of all days…only proves to me that yes indeed… “there are angels among us.”

GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS  SWEET TIFFANY…YOU PUT A SMILE ON THIS OLD LADY’S FACE TONIGHT AND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR KINDNESS.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

11 comments:

natalie said...

Dear Carlene! how sweet that your angel came by! please come by Lurkynat and tell me what you think about Saint Valentine! Or Valentines day! sounds like you have great memories!I know you were his perfect angel ..still are! hugs,nat hugggggggggggggggggs
natalie

Paula said...

Wishing you a nice Valentine's Day with your little grandsons. Hope your sweet mama is doing okay.

Gerry said...

There is always going to be love coming from somewhere to a nice lady!

Kath said...

What a coincidence that is Carlene.I gave my Blogger friends the chance to take a packet of those tiny sweets,from a large bucket,for themselves in my Valentines post to you all yesterday.(Strange or what?)I don't know if you have read my posting yet or not.All I can say is great minds think alike,before I did the posting I too was thinking about those sweets before I wrote it.Memories are made of this.How kind of your Dear friend to send you a lovely card.You are loved by so many.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

How lovely your friend sent you a Valentines card ~ and what lovely memories you have ~ Ally x

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, BEST WISHES FOR YOU THIS VALENTINE'S DAY. sam

Sheila said...

What a wonderful coincidence. Have a great weekend...Sheila

Jeannette said...

What a beautiful thing to happen. Happy Valentine's Day. Hugs.

Missie said...

That was so nice!

Barbara said...

Beautiful! Adding my own wishes of warmth and love to you this Valentine's.

Terri said...

Yes work is the best thing to help beat the blues, I find myself thinking about my lost loved ones all the time at work, often times my Aunt Judy's scent fills the air there..and I know she is around me when I am thinking about her most, I find comfort in that.

How sweet that you got a Valentines when you needed it most!

Hugs
Terri