Friday, January 29, 2010

FOUR YEARS AGO

Four years ago today was a Sunday

Four years ago today the weather was sunny and cold….

I know this because…

Four years ago today my whole world was turned upside down…

I was no longer someone’s wife…

family112796 

I no longer had a loving husband…

family21

and our family was forever broken…

family06

family22

Four years ago today…my Danny died.

scan0001

dannyandditty

Although it has gotten easier over time to close my eyes…and eventually drift off to sleep…

I don’t think I will ever get use to Danny not lying there beside me…

When I turn over and see his pillow, I still have to will myself to close my eyes and think of other things….so it doesn’t hurt so much.

Last night, I dreamed of him… Me, him and Kat (his sis) were at our mobile home he and I once owned in the 70’s. In the dream, me and Kat knew that he was visiting us from the other side and we tried and tried to get Danny to tell us what it was like there…but he would only smile and say we would have to find out ourselves when the time came…that it was a big secret and he couldn’t tell us. He looked so good….so healthy and his hair wasn’t white, but the dark brown that it use to be when we were young….

family09

scan

Funny, but I knew at the end of that dream

that I was beginning to wake up

and I also knew that …

I didn’t want to.

I love you Danny Noggle ….

more.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF:

DANIEL COPELAND NOGGLE

   07/14/1954  -  01/29/2006

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

11 comments:

madcobug said...

God bless and be with you Carlene. Lovya, Helen

Donna said...

I remember so well, as if it were yesterday.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is hard to believe 4 years have gone by so quickly. You'll never forget the day and I don't think you should either. You have so many wonderful memories. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, THAT IS A VERY TOUCHING ENTRY. THANKS. REALLY MAKES US THINK.
BE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAVE. SO LONESOME FOR THE ONES THAT ARE GONE AND AT THE SAME TIME THANKFUL FOR HAVING THE BABY GRAND CHILDREN TO LOVE.
GOD WILL MAKE THINGS BEAUTIFUL FOR US. ( LUKE CH. 1 VS. 37 )sam

Jeanne said...

My first thought to this was "WOW....4 years already?" and then I thought "WOW, I have known Carlene for FOUR years??" I remember being sent by someone (I don't even remember who) to your blog to send some ((hugs)) because you had lost your Danny so suddenly. So much has happened to you in the last four years, but I know how hard it's been for you. So today, I am here again. Not sent by anyone, just here on my own to check in on my FRIEND on this very sad but special day.

((hugs))
Jeanne

Sonya said...

Brought tears. Big hugs. But I'm glad you had the dream. I think those are little gifts from God.

Kath said...

Aww Carlene my heart aches with yours when I read your words.Prayers for you always.Hugs and Love.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Gerry said...

This time you added more photos to your remembrance and that was so nice. I think you lived a wonderful love story partly because you and he both were gifted at loving. I especially liked the dream that you had about him. That was so beautiful. See what you have to look forward to and now I know you will settle back down to love and appreciate your grandchildren with the same kind of big heart you had for Danny. And that is a blessing on earth.

LYN said...

WHAT A TOUCHING POST...I HAVE THOSE KIND OF DREAMS ABOUT MY MUM TOO...

YOU SURE HAD A SPCIAL KIND OF LOVE AND IT SHOWS...

kelly said...

Carlene, what a beautiful tribute to your Danny..thinking of you and yours..
Kelly

salemslot9 said...

I especially liked
the photo of
Danny & the squirrel
we like to
feed our squirrels
the chubby brown one
is so friendly
it'll take a nut
right out of your hand