Friday, January 1, 2010

COUNTDOWN TO 2010

Well,  here we are…transported to 2010 just as if someone had said “Beam me up Scottie”  and Scottie did.

The years are flying by. Inside… in the inner part of my soul… I still feel young…like I was still 11 or 12….you know what I mean….like when you look in the mirror and wonder when you got so old ??  But my physical body tells the tale every time I try to do things that I use to could do with no problem…and now it is a pain in the you-know-where to do them.

But 2010….just saying it sounds so fictional…so futuristic….it doesn’t even seem real when you think of it. Especially if you were born back in the 1940’s or 50’s or earlier. It is the hardest thing for me… not to say ‘19something’ instead of  2010…I think we ought to go back to the 1900’s…maybe put a b on it or something…like 1910-b.  :-)

Amanda is doing better. She is sore as the dickens and still has a small opening where her incision is . We have to clean it twice a day and that tends to make her hurt…I hate having to do it, but I know it is for her own good.

1227091229

    Have you ever seen eyes this blue?

Little William is doing good. He has a voracious appetite and wakes up every two to three hours for his feeding. He seems to be growing and thriving well. Wyatt is taking having a new baby in the house very well. He has gotten a little hyper-active, but I think that is because of a need for a little extra attention now from his mama. All in all, he loves his little brother dearly and will stop what he is doing if he hears the slightest grunt from William and go check on him.

1221091656

Amanda, Kelvin, Dan and babies went to Charity’s and Chris's house for a get together, so I had a quiet New Years Eve. I just sat at home and played Facebook games and watched the television. I didn’t think I would last till 12:00, but I did … just barely!

 I did real good being alone…

until the last part…

You know…there is something about the countdown on New Year’s Eve…

Now, this is going to sound so hokey, but you see…back in the day…back when we were lucky enough to be a family…we made it a point that at exactly on the strike of 12:00 we all were in our living room…holding hands …Me, Danny, Amanda, and Dan…

and we would welcome in the New Year together….

holding on to each others hand ….

Holding on to each other.

So yes…there is something about that countdown and…

Something about  the singing of  “Aude Lang Syne” that touches your heart and soul and brings back so many, many memories…..

Of days long gone and missed so much.

I know….

 The clock can not stand still

Otherwise I wouldn’t have little Wyatt and William to love…

But I sure do wish it would slow down every once in a while.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

22 comments:

madcobug said...

Time moves so swiftly by. It will seem weird to say 2010. Those Grandbabies are so cute. I am glad that Amanda is doing well.
Lovya, Helen

Adirondackcountrygal said...

That is a very touching entry Carlene, I also wish time would slow down sometimes. William is so adorable and Wyatt is so handsome. You are lucky!

ADB said...

The years certainly do fly by, Carlene. I'm starting to call this year twenty ten. Not such a mouthfull. Have a happy new year!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad to hear your family is doing well and wish you only the happiest of New Years!

Indigo said...

May beauty and love follow you into this new decade sweet friend. I do believe wherever Danny is he was holding out his hand during that countdown.

(Hugs)Indigo

Donna said...

Enjoy those babies. Happy new year!

Sayit-baldys said...

FINE BOYS WYATT AND WILLIAM.
THANKS FOR THE ENTRY CARLENE. TIME DOES SEEM SO FAST. LET IT BE.

IN ETERNITY WE WILL NOT MIND. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT THOUGH NOT TRYING TO HURRY THE BEGINNING OF MY ETERNITY. I LIKE THE SCRIPTURE THAT SHOWS PAUL'S FEELINGS OF HIS APPROACHING HIS ETERNITY. MORE WORK TO BE DONE HERE ON EARTH. INTERESTING VIEW.

THE GREAT INVENTOR THOMAS EDISON TALKED OF ETERNITY BEFORE HIS DEATH, SAYING IF THERE WAS ANY WAY TO COMMUNICATE TO LOVED ONES ON EARTH HE WOULD DO SO.
PERHAPS DREAMS WE HAVE MAY HAVE MEANING ? sam

Sherry said...

i'll never take for granted my DH banging the dang pots on the front porch every 12/31 at midnight. I had to be away from home in 2008 and i missed that moment most of all. Traditions always mean so much when you sit and think about it. SO SO SO glad to see pic of William...i am sorry you were alone on NY Eve though....wish you could've been with Wyatt and Amanda. Time IS flying.
LOVE YOU much

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

I think like Indigo that Danny was there with you on New Year's Eve. I cannot believe at all that it's 2010 already. Where did the time go.

Wyatt is so darned cute...love thos eyes of his. You have such beautiful grandbabies. Hoping that Amanda keeps feeling better each day. Can you believe she has two babies now when she didn't think she'd have one? Love to you!

Linda :) said...

Happy New Year! :)

Myra said...

Doesn't sound hokey at all...actually a beautiful ritual! I'm sure all your family was there with you in spirit. What a precious gift of those two little babies. Auld Lang Sayne always makes me cry. I hear you about time just whizzing on by...2010?? Geez...

Rose said...

Wyatt has become a BOY! He's getting so big. I hope you feel some comfort in knowing we understand how much you miss Danny and it's ok by us for you to cry on our shoulders!

xo

Terri said...

Wyatt and William are sooo adorable!

I too believe Danny was with you on New Years Eve...he wouldn't let you ring in the new year alone, he was there with you in spirit...he knows how much it meant to you.. Big Hugs!

Wishing the best for you in 2010!

Hugs
Terri

Kath said...

I agree Carlene,there is always someone missing in that holding of hands,and it hurts plenty at my end.I wish the clock would slow down too many times.I am so happy to read Amanda is doing better.Those blue eyes peirce don't they.So beautiful and so is the little one too.Aww bless his little cotton socks as we say in England.He's a diamond.I hope 2010 proves to be a great one for you and yours."Happy New Year" to all of you and your Dear Mama,I hope she is well.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Jimmy's Journal said...

I feel the same way about the idea of "2010" - It just seems to be weird. I remember in the '50s tring to figure out how old I would be in 2000.

Now I know.....
Jimmy

夢想 said...

一葉晴貼影片分享一葉晴自拍影片區一葉晴論壇一葉晴貼一葉晴貼片一葉晴貼片論壇一葉晴貼片區一葉晴貼圖一葉晴貼圖片一葉晴貼圖片區一葉晴貼圖網一葉晴貼圖貼片區一葉晴貼影片一葉晴貼影片aa一葉晴貼影片av127一葉晴貼影片bbs一葉晴貼影片網一頁青洪爺短片洪爺色情漫畫洪爺ˊ洪爺觀賞影片洪爺論檀洪爺貼片洪爺貼圖網洪爺貼圖自拍洪爺做愛貼圖洪爺免費色情觀賞洪爺圖片洪爺圖庫洪爺城洪爺密碼洪爺寫真洪爺性感影片貼影片洪爺情色綱洪爺色情文章洪爺色情影片洪爺色情小說洪爺網紙洪爺線上a片

Lisa said...

Beautiful entry and I see you have a new addition to your family. Congratulations on the arrival of William.

Wishing you a happy, healthy and Blessed 2010.
xxx
Lisa

Indigo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat dear friend. You are in my thoughts. (Hugs)Indigo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Just a note to say your sister is in my prayers I read about her on the Call for Support journal. Take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Kath said...

Awwwww Carlene I was trying to find the link today for Guido's blog and couldn't, so I went to the Call For Support blog and read his posting about your news.I am so sorry to read of your poor cat being killed,my heart goes out to you love and also about your dear Sister.I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.You and yours are in my prayers always.Take Care God bless Kath xx

Lori said...

I learned from Guido about your losing Tux. I am so very sorry about that. Also about your sister -- I hope they can take care of that clot and that she'll be out of the hospital soon. Please take care!

natalie said...

Happy New Year Carlene!
Please come by and visit my blog and leave some comments at Lurkynat!
you did a wonderful job New Years indeed!
love,natalie