Sunday, November 22, 2009

ONCE AGAIN

       Thanksgiving_ComingHomeCarlene-vi

My friends; it has been a while since I have updated this “blog” of mine..never can get use to calling it that…To me, it will always be my journal.

It has rained all day here in N.E. Georgia…and it is rather chilly…Yeah… I know… it is November after all…but it has been in the 70’s  around here until today. It is 46 degrees this evening. I paid to have my leaves swept Friday while I was at work and now it is a huge mess again. Money I didn’t have; wasted.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner isn’t it?  I am planning on having lunch here for everyone, then Amanda and Kelvin will be going to his mama’s house afterwards.

Amanda goes back to the OBGYN tomorrow, so wish us luck, ok? I will be so happy to see this baby and know that all is okay with him and his mama.

            1109091553

I got to see my little Wyatt this afternoon! They all came over and ate the home made vegetable soup that I made. It was so good on a day like today! Wyatt is learning more and more words.

             1104091046

He can say tractor, Poppa (when he sees the picture of Danny, he always points at it and says “poppa”  ), Hallie , Coco , Bubba ,Annie, (all pups) hot, horse, cow, kitty, mommy, maw-maw, daddy, baby , Dinky,  (Dan’s nickname we call him that Wyatt has picked up on!) just to name a few!

Oh and MOON….he looks for it every time he goes outside! After he kept asking for the moon and looking for it, I found him the little book named “GOODNIGHT MOON” and he loves it. Strange, but it was Amanda’s favorite book too when she was little!

Dan had to go to the doctor last month. He is a diabetic and now he also has to take medicine for high cholesterol and high triglycerides. He has to go back next week. Seems I am spending all my days off at doctors now.

              wizard of oz

I am watching Wizard of Oz…I am one of the few who still love this movie after having watched it every year while I was little. I love hearing Judy sing; “ SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW ” and I can still remember me and my sister laughing ourselves silly when the scarecrow said; “part of me is over there… Those were the good old days…God I miss them.

                thanksgivingautumthanksgivingtag

I am trying soooo hard not to get into a funk this year…Holidays are so darn hard when your loved ones are gone…especially when you had strong family traditions during them.

I am trying hard to be jolly for little Wyatt and was actually going to put my Christmas decorations up today had it not rained so hard.

                               dannyandmemts3

                           Our last trip to the mountains

This Friday is my wedding anniversary. We would have been married 38 years had Danny lived. We always said we would be together until our 50th…Having married so young, it never dawned on either of us that one of us could die before that.

Danny was only just turned 17 and me 18. We had to go out of state to Aiken S.C.  because Danny was not old enough to get married in the State of Georgia. Me, Danny, my mama, my daddy, my 2 sisters and my brother-in-law all crammed into his brand new yellow Ford Maverick….a small 2 door car!  Thank goodness I was smaller back then, cause I sat in Danny’s lap all the way up there.

We listened and sang to “Going to the Chapel” which ironically played on the radio over and over  on the way to the courthouse…I remember that it was a Saturday and had drizzled all the way up there and after getting married, the sun came out…I remember that I was so glad the sun finally came out, since the old wives tale says that “if it rains on your wedding day, that’s how many tears you will shed”

The same brother-in-law ( even though now divorced from my sister) that drove us up there to get married, would, 10 years later,  take me and Danny to a hospital over 30 miles away when I came in labor with Amanda…and again, he had a brand new yellow car; a Toyota this time..That day, there was ice on the highway and we skidded trying to avoid a deer that ran out in front of us…but we made it in time for my water to break just as I walked into the ER !

Good Memories….Special Memories….

Every night when I come home from work… every night when I lay my head down on my pillow and slide my arm and leg across the bed to the other side…where now no one lays and the sheets are cold…

It hits me what I have lost.

Trust me….

Make sure your loved one knows how much they mean to you.

There is nothing more heartbreakingly lonesome …

than losing a part of yourself .

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

madcobug said...

And God bless and be with you and you loving family over the Holidays. Lovya, Helen

Sherry said...

i love you, don't ever forget that.

i loved the story of you traveling to get married. I can just see you sitting on Danny's lap all the way there. The holidays are tough on me too so we are in the same boat. I'd love to spend them with you. We are the only house on our block that does not have our leaves raked. The yard looks awful but the DH says it is wasteful to rake them when it is just going to snow...and thankfully we have had no snow yet here. I am glad Amanda is doing well and i always love hearing about Wyatt. He is so smart!!! AND CUTE.
I will pray for you on Friday. I know that day will be a hard one for you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have some wonderful memories and were blessed with a good man. That is a blessing. Not everyone gets that in life.

My DS#3 and his wife just had their baby last week. I won't get to see him til maybe Christmas. You are very lucky to get to see your Wyatt so often. With my large family spread all over it's very hard but half of us were able to get together this past weekend for our family celebration.

It's good to make the most of the days we have and decorating for your grandson is a grand idea. Building memories for him is important too.

Indigo said...

It's great hearing from you Carlene. Wyatt is getting so big. He's quite the little gent. Did Amanda ever decide on a name for the new one?

Whenever I read about Danny, I say a little prayer to let me have that kind of deep love you two had for each other. Thank you for reminding how much I do have. (Hugs)Indigo

LYN said...

SO NICE TO READ A POST FROM YOU...YOUR LOVE FOR DANNY ALWAYS SHINES THROUGH...

Myra said...

Great hearing from you! Glad all is well with Amanda. Dan better take care of himself!! Wyatt is so big. Carlene, Danny is with you, oh, I know, not here, but inside of you and all your family who loved him. Wyatt, especially. Hang in there, my friend!

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, THANKS FOR THE ENTRY. IT IS ALWAYS GREAT TO HEAR ABOUT WYATT.
HE KNOWS SO MANY WORDS.
IT WILL B INTERESTING TO HEAR HIS FIRST COMBINATION OF WORDS.

I REMEMBER WHEN A BABY IN THE 1920s MY OLDER SISTERS POINTING TO THE BIG FULL BRIGHT MOON AND THERE ON OUR HOMESTEAD IN WESTERN COLORADO A CLEAR NIGHT SKY HAD SO MANY BRIGHT TWINKLING STARS EVEN AS THE FULL MOON WAS SO BRIGHT.

WITH SO MANY LIGHTS HERE IN TOWN IT IS DIFFICULT TO SEE THE STARS.

CARLENE, BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND YOURS.
sam

Rose said...

thank you for sharing your love story going to be wed to your Danny. so very sweet. wyatt is getting so big and so is his momma!! xo

A Middle Aged Mom said...

Have a great Thankgiving with your family.

Nelishia said...

I'm so glad you updated Carlene. Because I started reading your journal about five years ago, after I got married, we value each other just a little more because of your love story. You really don't ever know.
I still love THE WIZARD OF OZ. I've owned the movie for several years.
Hope you have a very, very special Thanksgiving.

Gerry said...

But so many women never know what it is to have a love like that. I know I haven't experienced such a love. There has always been some big thing wrong that kept great love from ever happening. Alcoholism is the worst scourge to ruin those feelings. You juset get used to not having it, or just having part of it, love that does not go too deep but which nurtures for a while anyway. I am sure Danny regrets the heart attack that cut your relationship short, but then not a lot was known about what the risks were for heart attacks and were not taken seriously. I hope your son Danny will be able to watch over his heart. I know my son ignore some of the risk factors that led to his, mainly high blood pressure. Threw away his pills I guess to see if anything really would happen! Alcohol and cigarettes which he is now trying to quit. There is a lot people can do to improve diet, too, which is also high risk, and I know you are going to be so busy with two grand children you won't have time to mourn very much, not that that is bad, for without valuing love, we cannot know great love when we have it. Happy thanksgiving. You are running so fast on the job, you will run high risk weight right off!

ADB said...

The anniversaries keep coming round, but only remembered by yourself. I hope that you'll have a good Thanksgiving, enjoying the memories of the years you had with Danny.

Guido

Barbara said...

So good to hear from you Carlene! Wyatt is precious. And I loved the story of how you and Danny wed.