Tuesday, September 8, 2009

PLEASE LET TOMORROW BE BETTER

        missingdanny

Me and Dan spent the day at home…

doing nothing

but a few chores that just had to be done.

Amanda went fishing with Kelvin and his family…She asked if we wanted to go, but I knew that, since she had went with them in the past too, it was a family thing and I didn’t want me and Dan to intrude on it.

All day, I kept remembering back to the Labor Day Holidays when Danny was living…

Our whole family would get up early and go to the Crawfordville Fair, find a place to park far away… walking up the hilly street to the old town… that only comes to life on Labor Day….watching the parade with the antique cars and the Shriner’s funny cars, the old fire trucks,   and all the small town marching school bands……

Danny eating his must have snow cones and we buying muskedines and ice cold coca-colas and listening to live country music from bands on the Court House lawn……

Coming home hot and tired and a just little bit sunburned….

Then cooking out and having a picnic at home…

with our family.

Today was nothing like that…

nothing at all.

I was thinking, as I drove me and Dan out to the local Pizza Hut to eat supper…( a last ditch effort on my part to try to save at least the last part of the day)…

I was thinking…

As I drove along looking at the highway…

stretched out in front of me…

This is it

This is what the rest of my life will be like…

One long boring gray highway…..

No more good times

Even if I did go somewhere

there would be…

only me and Dan

(Who doesn’t talk …

unless he is angry…

And wants to fuss)

There would be…

No Danny to talk to….

Ever again.

I will try to be in a better mood on my next post….ok?

To tell you the truth…

My world is looking sort of bleak right now…

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

Paula said...

sorry you had a bad day. Wasn't much better for me. I forced my self to get out and feed the turtles.

Lisa said...

For some reason we had a rough weekend too. I blogged all about it. I am praying tomorrow is better for both of us!!
Lisa in Kentucky

Kathy said...

Carlene,
(((hugs)))
It's E and I off to do errands or sit and watch a movie or go out for a bite to eat. Some weekends it's okay, but others it's just a long 'gray stretch of highway'.
Hope things aren't so bleak when the sun comes up and you've had a good sleep.
K

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do hope today is a better one for you too. At least now Monday is done and over and we can get on with the rest of the week.

madcobug said...

Carlene you will have those two grandkids to look forward to down the road. I know you are going to enjoy being with them. Holidays are always hard to get through. Ken and I didn't even get out of the yard yesterday.I have to take that back, he went and picked up his meds at the drug store and took the dogs while I stayed home and fixed some lunch. Hope today will be better for you. Helen

D said...

awwww hugs to you ....

Dawn said...

But you always have sweet little Wyatt to look forward to talking to and the new baby too! As they grow they will fill your life so very much!!! {{{ Carlene }}} I know it is hard... but there will be more for you... if you want it.

be well...

The 4th Sister said...

I have a very good friend in KS that I call when I feel down and she always says, this too shall pass....and it will...count your blessings each day...give thanks for 10 things you have, even simple things like running water...God will bless you....Today is a new day...

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, YOU ARE A JEWEL AND CAN GET THROUGH THE TUFF TIMES.

MY SMALL TOWN DURING GRADE SCHOOL DAYS, BEGINNING OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION, POPULATION ABOUT 300 PEOPLE, AND A PART OF OKLAHOMA (CHOUTEAU), PRAIRIE COUNTRY, NO HILLS UNTIL CROSSING THE NEOSHO RIVER A FEW MILES EAST AND ENTER THE EDGE OF THE OZARK MOUNTAINS WHERE THE SCHOOL OF MY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS WAS LOCATED. (LOCUST GROVE). POPULATION ABOUT THE SAME AS CHOUTEAU.

BOTH THOSE SMALL TOWNS HAD GATHERINGS ON SATURDAYS AND SOME HOLIDAYS. SATURDAY AFTERNOON IN EACH AT 1:OO OCLOCK WAS HELD A 'DRAWING'. IF MY NAME HAD EVER BEEN DRAWN WOULD HAVE RECEIVED A ONE DOLLAR BILL. ONLY ONE NAME WAS DRAWN UNLESS NO ONE ANSWERED.
AFTER THE DRAWING THERE WAS AN AUCTION OF THINGS NOT UNLIKE WHAT IS NOW SEEN AS LEFTOVERS FROM A YARD SALE. THE AUCTIONEER WOULD CRY FOR MINUTES TRYING TO GET A COUPLE CENTS MORE.

THE LARGEST CROWD EVER AT CHOUTEAU WAS THE 4TH OF JULY IN THE YEAR 1930. A FREE BAR-BE-QUE BEEF SANDWICH FOU EVERYONE.
VOLUNTEERS HAD WORKED ALL NIGHT COOKING THE BEEF.

THOSE TOWNS WERE UNIQUE, BUSINESS PLACES HAVING THE LARGE FALSE FRONTS , RESTAURENTS, GROCERY STORES, BARBER SHOPS, AND DOCTOR'S OFFICE. ONLY ONE DOCTOR FOR THAT PART OF THE COUNTY.

WITH MY COMPUTER HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THROUGH THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ANYONE THAT REMEMBERS ME AS A TEN YEAR OLD. NO ANSWERS.

I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE TWO OLDER SISTERS WHOM ENJOY TALKING ABOUT OLD TIMES. ONE WORKED IN A RESTAURANT IN CHOUTEAU AND ALSO IN A CENTRAL OFFICE FOR THE TELEPHONE COMPANY.
A FAMILY STYLE MEAL COST 25 CENTS.
HOME TELEPHONES WERE PERMANETLY ATTACHED TO A WALL IN THE HOME. THE CENTRAL OFFICE HAD TO BE CALLED FOR A CONNECTION TO BE TALKED TO AND BE PLUGGED INTO THE SWITCHBOARD.

CARLENE, EXCUSE ME FOR GETTING CARRIED AWAY WITH THIS.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND YOURS AND WE ALL. sam

barb said...

OUR "HOLIDAY" WAS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER DAY HERE. HUBBY WENT OUT TO BREAKFST WITH OLD FELLOW WORKERS. I HAVE HAD SO MUCH PAIN LATELY AND SO OFF BALANCE THAT I DON'T MIND STAYING HOME. SEEMS AILMENTS KEEP COMING--JUST ABOUT TRUE THAT ONLY LEFT FOOT DOESN'T HURT--AND SOMETIMES THATDOES TOO!!LEFT HAND IS SO BAD THAT I CAN'T TYPE WORTH A DARN, SO MY JOURNAL HAS BEEN EMPTY FOR QUITE AWHILE. I KNOW A BETTER DAY IS COMING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! ENJOY THE BABIES--THEY GROW SO FAST! BARB

Celeste said...

Carlene, better days are to come I can promise that. You will fill them with new memories, memories you will be able to share with Danny when you join him. Wyatt and the new baby that is coming will bring so much pleasure in your life.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene, life has brought changes to all of our lives, all we can do is to keep moving forward in a positive manner as our loved ones would have wanted us too. Know we're here for you dear.

Missie said...

It never gets easier does it?

Sending you lots of hugs.

Lisa said...

Awwww Carlene, I wish I could just give you a big ol' hug right now. I'm sorry everything looks so bleak for you.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Carlene Noggle! Shame on you! I want to give you a big hug and a big kick right in the old duppa too! You have a beautiful grandson and another on the way.. a bleak gray road ahead. I don't think so! You have so many, many more happy times ahead of you! Just remember I love you and so do alot of other folks! Your friend, Linda

CINDY said...

((((Carlene)))) so sorry I haven't been by lately. How are you and Dan doing? Hope you both are well. Miss you and Love ya. God Bless