Friday, September 18, 2009

“PAPA???”

We had torrential rains here last night..It rained so hard and for so long (ALL EVENING AND ALL NIGHT LONG) that as I stood washing up my supper dishes at my kitchen sink, I started feeling rain hit me on my head…I looked up and sure enough…it was raining from my kitchen ceiling! I have a huge leak there and also in Dan’s room…Lord have mercy,  if it isn’t one thing, it’s another.  I am leaving this problem up to the good Lord…No; I don’t know where the money will come for this….but I am sure GOD does.

Amanda will be going to the OBGYN every two weeks now, beginning next week. The time is flying by so fast…well, at least for me, maybe not for Amanda.

They still have no idea what to name this little boy….

So I am going to ask yall…

What is a good name for this little boy??? Preferably one that begins with “W”,and  is sort of like a cowboy’s name???  That is what she is leaning toward…right now anyways! lol I told her that it looks like I am going to have to call him;  “ BABY X  ” ! For real, if you can think of any good names, please feel free to leave me a comment...no matter what letter the name starts with!

My nieces’ from Louisville, Ky. came down this past week. That’s Susie on the left and Wendy on the right in the picture below…

                09150909283 

The little girl and baby girl are Wendy’s children; they are my great-nieces!  It was the first time that I had seen the baby girl ! They only stayed for a couple of days, so it was a fast trip and like always I hated to see them go. I didn’t get to see Christina (my other niece) and her children, as she didn’t get to come….but she knows I love her…don’t you Pumpkin???

Wyatt loves tractors! He got to go to a tractor pull not long ago with his mama and  daddy and now he is in love with tractors!  There is one across from my back yard and he wasn’t satisfied, until he got me to take him over there so he could  see it up close and touch it! He would stand there and look at it and be going “brmmmmm---brmmmmmm…” like revving his motor up! He even tried to say “tractor”… it came out “trac-cor” lol

0916091216

0916091222a

0916091222b

Wyatt has a new word now… “hot”. He was playing with the pull chain to my bedside lamp, cutting it on and off. I was right there sitting on my bed watching him. The lamp has a florescent light in it that stays cool, thank goodness…but somehow he must had put his hand too close to the base of the bulb..because all of a sudden, he pulled his little hand away and looked right at me and said “hot”…stringing it out long…. saying…..hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat sounding like “what” …He didn’t cry, just looked very surprised!

0916091316b

0916091317b

I have no other place to put my deep freezer, except in my bedroom…so it sits right by my bed… The day after Danny died, I figured out that I could put a picture of Danny right there on the side of it and when I lay down…Danny’s face would be the last thing I see before I close my eyes…just like when he lived. It soothes me to see his face before I go to sleep.

Well, after Wyatt got through with his experimenting with my lamp; he sat there on my foot stool and was steadily looking at that picture of Danny…staring hard at it.

I sat on my bed….very still and quiet…just watching him…

I nearly fell off my bed when he pointed at the picture and said very plainly….“ PAPA? ”…I couldn’t believe what I had just heard…so I asked; “ What did you say Wyatt?” and again, he said…plain as day… “ PAPA?” as he touched the picture.

Let me tell you…I had to swallow one hell of a lump in my throat, for this old heart of mine was breaking…

I said, with some difficulty, “Yes Darling…that is your PAPA”. He patted the picture…as he tends to do with the puppies when he loves on them…saying; “ PAPA” the whole time…I had been taking pictures of him with the lamp and so I snapped these too.

0916091321

0916091324

I so wish that Danny could have lived long enough for Wyatt to have known him and to have known the love that He would have gotten from such a wonderful “PAPA”…..

Never the less…He will know all about his “PAPA” ….

As long as there is still breath in this old body of mine, he will know.

I Thank YOU God for this wonderful little child YOU sent to us.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

Paula said...

Awww what a sweet entry Carlene. I suggest Weston for the new baby boy.

madcobug said...

Pauline had a good suggestion for a name. That was sweet about Wyatt and Danny's picture. I wish there was some kind of county or state agency that would repair the roof for you. Have a nice weekend . Lovya, Helen

madcobug said...

OOOps, I meant Paula. Helen

Vanessa said...

lovely entry, there are more things in heaven and earth you know... wyatt is growing so fast !! how about winston for his little brother? glad to hear all well with your family, I will mention your roof tonight in my thoughts to the other side :) take care of yourselves

Barbara said...

What a beautiful moment for Wyatt, you and Danny! A connection across space and time.

As for a baby name, how about Wayne? It is strong like a cowboy. Not used all the time these days. I had an uncle Wayne who was the tallest, kindest, gentlest man I ever knew.

Praying for you and your roof.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Guess Paula and I were thinking alike....Weston was my choice for your future little darlings name....he could be called West as he gets older, though I love Weston and made me think of cowboys.

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, WYATT IS GETTING QUITE A VOCABULARY.
HE IS GOING TO GROW UP TO BE A FINE MAN.

I CAN REMEMBER SEEING MY FIRST STEAM HEATED RADIATOR.
I WAS ABOUT THREE YEARS OLD AND DAD HAD TAKEN ME IN TO HAYDEN COLORADO FROM OUR HOMESTEAD IN THE BOBSLED PULLED BY A TEAM OF HORSES. SNOW PACKED TRAIL AND VERY COLD WEATHER.
DAD HAD HEATED A LARGE ROCK TO PUT MY SHOES AGAINST AND BUNDLED UP WELL WITH BLANKETS.

ONCE IN THE LIVERY STABLE, COVERED THE HORSES WITH BLANKETS AND WE WENT IN TO THE BIG GENERAL STORE.
WARM IN THERE AND WAS HEATED BY STEAM RADIATORS. I WAS CURIOUS AND TOUCHED THE NEAREST STEAM RADIATOR AND NO ONE NEEDED TO TELL ME TO JERK MY HAND AWAY.
I THINK THAT WAS MY FIRST TRIP TO TOWN.
THERE WAS A COMMUNITY COAL MINE FOR THE HOMESTEADERS AND EACH FAMILY COULD MINE THEIR OWN COAL AND AT TIMES HELP EACH OTHER.
DAD AT TIMES SOLD SOME COAL TO THE LIVERY STABLE OPERATOR. THE COAL WAS THE ANTHRACITE TYPE, CLEAN WITH NO BLACK POWDER. sam

Dawn said...

Awww... he is a little angel in your life!

How about the name Wayne? Winton?

Wallace? William? (I always love the nickname Will)

be well...

Myra said...

Out of the mouths of babes...literally!

Indigo said...

What a priceless moment with Wyatt!

How about the name: Ward, Wade, or Wylie.

Waylen is a good cowboy name too.

(Hugs)Indigo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your little grandson is a blessing to you. How precious he is. I know you won't ever let his PaPa be a stranger to him. My grandchildren never got to know their grandfather either, but I tell them how much their daddy's are like him so maybe that will help them understand what a good man he was.

Glad you got a good visit with your neices and their babies. I'll be praying for the way for that leaking roof to be fixed for you.

Missie said...

Hearing Wyatt say PaPa and pat the picture would have made me cry. He's such a darling!

Anonymous said...

i read today that there are deaths and flooding in GA...are you ok? I hope somehow the leaks in the roof is ok....i am so sorry you have roof damage. i totally believe that Danny already knows Wyatt patted his pic and said Papa. What a wonderful moment for you to be there to experience it with him.
Love you always, friend.

lisa

Gerry said...

I think you received some wonderful suggestions of names starting with W. My little great grandson's name is Wyatt also, although I have not seen him yet, as his mother lives in another part of the state and due to her mother was never close. It was also due to something that happened a long time before the girls were born. But I try to be as close to them as I can be. I just sent off the cutest little snuggle blanket to her new baby, a girl named Kerynn. Unusual, huh. That was a cute story about Wyatt saying Papa. Gerry

Jimmy's Journal said...

How about Will or Wade? That's all I could think of. I think Wild Bill has been taken....

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

CARLENE, I BELIEVE THAT SOME HACKER HAS MESSED UP MY ACCOUNT.

TODAY MY PASSWORD IS NOT ACCEPTED. I HAVE TRIED FOR HOURS TO GET IT FIXED AND AM DISGUSTED.

I CANNOT GET SIGNED IN. IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE TO FELLOWSHIP WITH YOU AND MANY FRIENDS AND WILL SAY GOODBY AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

I INTEND TO DISCONTINUE BEING ON THE INTERNET AND WILL KEEP USING THE COMPUTER FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND FOR PRINTING OUT STORIES THAT I MAY WRITE FOR GRANDCHILDREN AND FAMILY.

CAN STILL DO WORK WITH MY DIGITAL CAMERA AND PRINT OUT PHOTOS.

IT IS A PUZZLE TO ME WHY ANYONE WOULD MESS UP MY ACCOUNT LIKE THIS AND TOMORROW I WILL HAVE BRESNAN CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP.
GOODBY AND GOD BLESS WYATT AND ALL THE FAMILIES. sam