Friday, September 4, 2009

BEFORE I GO TO WORK …

Another work day is about to begin. This weekend will be a busy one…We have Labor Day, the first day of Dove Season and Georgia Bulldog game day today and all these events will bring in the people and the big orders.

I picked my sister Dorris up and we went to visit my mama Wednesday.  As soon as I walked in her room, she grabs me and lets me know that ‘she has it all figured out’…She says that me, her and Dorris will buy a house and we will all live together…  ‘ But it will have to wait until she is better and can get out of the hospital’. God bless her, if she only knew how I wish a thousand times a day that I could somehow win the lottery or such and buy that house somewhere and put us all in it with 24/7 nurses for her….maybe I could even buy one back on Horseshoe Bend, huh? Dreams….I have big ones, don’t I?

Speaking of dreams…I had one last night about me, and Danny and his family…we were all together again..even those that had passed on were there..and ..well, it was such a nice dream…so good to see everyone again and all be back together again, enjoying ourselves.

In real life, Danny’s mama was always planning special trips for us to take. In the summer time we would all get together and travel up to the Smoky mountains in Tenn. and North Carolina and stay for a few days. She would pack a picnic lunch and we would all stop somewhere on the side of the road where the picnic tables use to be up in those hills and eat. She always brought ham and her famous homemade pimento cheese and lunch meats packed in their old Coleman ice chest.

I can remember when Dan was only three or so and him saying to his grand-daddy Noggle; “Paw-Paw…I want to go see the “Injuns” ( the tribe in Cherokee N.C.) …and we would. We didn’t know it then, but those were some of the best days of our lives….All Danny’s sisters and their husbands and their kids and his parents and us…Danny’s mama was always bringing us together…On every holiday she would come up with some kind of gathering…We always had such good times together….I sure do miss those days.

My little Wyatt is growing so fast…I am so glad that I took lots of picture when he was a tiny little baby…

Here are a few recent ones…

0829092040a

0823091915_0001AB

0829092056

Here he is with his ducky in his mouth! lol

I have to go for now …

Got to get ready to go to work…

My friends….. yall be careful, take care

         and

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

Donna said...

People just don't get together like they used to, do they?

Cliff and I picnic often when we're taking road trips, especially when we're on the motorcycle. We love picnics.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I always love having family together but it does get hard anymore. I rarely can have all mine in the same place at one time. They live so far away and a trip isn't always what they are able to do. Well your dream is a great one. We all have to have them. If I won the lottery I'd do the same and have a place for everyone. On the beach of course. I do love the beach. Hope your weekend is a great one!
'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Bless your mama's heart.
Seems like when several family members are not here anymore then it is not as much fun to get together anymore. We should be glad that we have some family left and still do those things. Of course we still get together at Christmas but when one lives here and one lives there it is not nearly as much fun and hard to get together. Wyatt is really growing and his pictures are so cute. Lovya, Helen

Anonymous said...

if only we knew that the times we share that end up being the most special will give us the best memories. I love the pics of Wyatt.

i am glad you had that dream....i know it meant a lot to you. I hope you do not get TOO busy today at work.

XO

Lisa

Sayit-baldys said...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE WYATT. sam

Missie said...

Have a good weekend!

Dawn said...

Bless you, Carlene... Wyatt is a beautiful boy! {{{ hugs }}}

be well...

Paula said...

Mel's family were big on getting together on everyone's birthday. No so many are gone we rarely see each other. I hope you don't get too tired this week-end. I wish you would win the lottery and could buy that house for your Mama. For that matter I wish I would win one too and help my youngest daughter and her family. Bad things do happen to good people sometime.

Lynne said...

Memories are only a heart away...I'm glad you have yours filled with good ones! Blessings to you!

Amanda said...

((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))I love memorys,I have memorys of my family,when I was little,we had a beach house,and all of us got together,and our couisns and my Aunt and Uncle,I remember leeping on the porch ith my cousin and my sister,because,all of the rooms ere filled ith the married couples.LOL.Its nice to have memories,now no one gets together like that,its good to have big dreams to.I hope that one day you ca buy that house for your Moma and live there with you,your Moma and Sis.I wish the same for my parents.I worry for the both of them.Little Wyatte is getting big and so adorable.Have a nice eekend.

Barbara said...

WOW! Now I know for sure how long I've been away. Look how that boy has grown!

Amazing how real dreams can seem and how they can actually comfort us and bring us joy.

Sonya said...

Well, I think it is neat that God allowed you that dream. He sees and knows your heart.

Hope you have a good rest of the labor day weekend. I'm following you now on here. But it is not showing yet for some reason.

CINDY said...

I miss family get togethers too. Wyatt is so cute and growing so fast. Take lots of pics now because before you know it he'll be off to college.
Love ya,
Cindy