Saturday, July 4, 2009

MY COUNTRY ‘TIS OF THEE…

BELOW IS A CHILDHOOD SONG THAT MOST OF US OLDER FOLK LEARNED AS CHILDREN IN SCHOOL ... IT IS JUST  ONE OF THE PATRIOTIC SONGS THAT SUMS UP MY LOVE FOR OUR COUNTRY…READ EACH LINE CAREFULLY.

My country tis of thee… sweet land of liberty; of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died,

land of the pilgrims pride,

from every mountain side,

Let freedom ring!

My native country thee,

Land of the noble free, thy name I love;

I love thy rocks and rills,

Thy woods and templed hills;

My heart with rapture thrills,

Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,

and ring from all the trees; sweet freedom's song.

Let mortal tongues awake,

let all that breathe partake,

let rocks their silence break, thy sound prolong.

Our Fathers' God to thee,

Author of liberty, to Thee we sing.

Long may our land be bright,

with freedom's holy light.

Protect us by Thy might,

Great God our King.

WE HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME HARD TIMES IN THIS COUNTRY OF OURS LATELY…THE ECONOMY IS DOWN AND THE PRICES ARE UP….PEOPLE IN HIGH POWER HAVE DISALUSIONED US WITH THEIR THIEVERY AND CORRUPT MORALS…

BUT THERE IS  ONE THING I KNOW FOR CERTAIN…

WE ARE STILL THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH...

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE…

WE  CAN AND WILL SURVIVE ANYTHING THAT FATE THROWS AT US ….

FOR WE ARE THE STRONG …

WE ARE AMERICANS…AND WE ARE …

‘ONE NATION UNDER GOD’…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!

LET FREEDOM RING!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

a beautiful and heartfelt entry! I know you will sell alot of food today..i wish you had the day off....i love you..happy 4th!
XOXOXOXOXOX

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO YOU, YEAR 2009.
THANKS FOR YOUR NICE ENTRY.
sam

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Wonderful entry but it is too bad that the government wants to take God out of everything..

Rose said...

A perfect tribute to our grand USA!

xox

Indigo said...

Well said, dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Missie said...

Hope you had a good 4th.

I remember singing that song every morning thru my school days! I think schools should go back to pledging allegiance and singing this song.

Lisa said...

Very well said!
xxx

ELLIE said...

what a beautiful entry!!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Carlene, I am so behind in journaling from all of our travels this summer but starting to get back into the groove of things and I must say I am so inpsired by the words of this entry. You have given my heart a boost and I can be proud of America once again and dare to believe we can survive anything they through at us. God Bless you my friend and I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July.
Lisa in Kentucky

Lynne said...

I gave you an award, go check it out before I close down my blog!
http://lynne-tnt-ii.blogspot.com/

natalie said...

Gee I love you Carlene!
Your spirit is so gung ho! and so srong!
The brave and the true!
love,natalie