Monday, July 27, 2009

A LITTLE FAIRY PRINCESS

         angelDsDesignsAngelssister 

In recent news headlines, there are tales of adultery, murder, robberies, kidnapping and general mayhem…

But nothing has quite affected me like this story form the MIAMI HEARALD  that I read today.

I am still crying.

Just a little girl….God bless her little heart…Only turned 6 in June ….and she is dying from a brain tumor that has spread to her spine. She has bravely fought long and hard…ever since she was only three years old….but now doctors have exhausted all treatment options and have given her only three to six months to live.

When asked by  Kids Wish Network from Holiday, Fla. what was her one wish…

It was this:

She wanted to be a Princes

You know…

The kind from fairy tales and story books….

All the sweet little things that make up an important part of a little girl’s life…

So…

The good folks at Kids Wish Network from Holiday, Fla. gave to her a princess gown, a white rose headband,a white pearl tiara, a pair of white gloves and a  white, horse drawn pumpkin shaped carriage, decorated with pink and purple flowers….Gildiana’s favorite colors….

 To carry her to the place she most wanted to go to….

Wal-Mart.

Not the usual store for little princesses, but, it is where her mama shops…

 and all she knows.

There she was given a $1000.00 gift card, with which she bought…

Dora the Explorer and Tinkerbelle dolls.

Just take a minute and imagine what her mama is going through…

She is watching her baby become the princess that she has always longed to be … but just for one special day.

I have said it more than once and I will say it again…

If you are lucky enough to have a loved one close by…don’t take for granted one minute of time with them….

Show them that you Love them while you can…

After all….

None of us know when…

the little glass slipper will fall off.

“ MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP WATCH OVER YOU LITTLE  GILDIANA SOZA ”

If you have the time; please stop and send an email message of good wishes to little  GILDIANA SOZA  and her mommy  at:

jfarmer@MiamiHerald.com

He is the one who wrote the story for the Miami Herald and will send them on to them.

 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

12 comments:

Lynne said...

Amen! You are so right! What a special lil gal!

madcobug said...

May God bless this child. I once had a small cousin who suffered through the same thing. Hugs, Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is so true...we just never know when it might be the last time we give a loved one a hug or say I love you. That make a wish foundation does do alot of good things for sure.

Lisa said...

i'm so glad this beloved child was able to have her dream fulfilled....what a wonderful story.....i sure hope she did feel like a fairyta;e princess! XO

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, THANK YOU FOR THIS ENTRY.
THERE'S NOTHING SWEETER THAN A LITTLE GIRL.
LITTLE BOYS SUCH AS WYATT CAN COME CLOSE.
ALL FOUR OF MY LITTLE GIRLS ARE STILL HERE AND THE FOUR BOYS, THANK GOD FOR THE MANY BLESSINGS.
sam

Paula said...

Very heart rendering. In contrast on our news was a mother who murdered her tiny baby. It was so brutal the cops my have to have counseling. Of course we know she has to be very mentally ill. So many sad things in our world and we need to pray for them all.

Anonymous said...

Kids Wish Network is great!
I do believe that this was done through Kids Wish Network and not Make a Wish.

I have a friend whose kid was a hero at the childrens hospital here in TX. He was super happy and even got a medal and a shirt. That was Kids Wish Network too. I think thats just thru hospitals though.

Ally Lifewithally said...

What a Sad and moving story ~ I am so glad she got to be Princess for a Day ~ Keeping her in my thoughts and Prayers ~ Ally x

Missie said...

That's such a sad yet happy story!

Kath said...

Prayers for everyone related to this Little Princess Carlene and to you yourself.These kind of stories break my heart too and so many of them.One never knows whats around the next corner.I have been away for four days and I go away again on Saturday for a week.Know I shall be commenting when I return on your wonderful blog and so happy you have stayed by and not gone to Facebook as so many have.Take Care God Bless Hugs to Wyatt and I hope Mama and Amanda are doing well.Kath xx

John said...

Carlene,
It has been sometime since I've been by. Sorry, been working some long hours.Still going thru the probate with my home.(in Jesus Name) I claim it.As for the little girl. I pray for God to a miracle un her life.And that he gives her Mother strength.Stop by and visit me/I will go yo your link for princess/
GOD BLESS

Kathy said...

Carlene, you manage to put the love back into a day. No we none of us do know when the little glass slipper will fall off ... and I pray that as Gildiana lives her last days that they are comfortable and filled with love.