Monday, July 20, 2009

I HAD A VISITOR

I swear the older I get the faster time goes by…No wonder older people are diagnosed with dementia…their poor minds can’t keep up with the rate that time flies! In ten more years; if the Lord lets me live that long, I probably won’t even know who I am…much less anything else!

I had a visitor in my back yard this past Thursday and Friday….

         0717090726a

This baby deer was so innocent, that when I spotted it behind my shed, I held out my hand to it and called it; “Here Baby…here Baby…” and it actually came up to me and rubbed it’s little head on my legs and let me pet it!!! I had been worrying  about animals eating my tomatoes but, as soon as I felt it’s little head nuzzle against my legs, it held my heart right then…and could have eaten all my tomatoes!

         0717090726

Can you see my hand in the left-hand corner of the picture??? It stood there for a few minutes while I petted it…I saw it again this afternoon …running across my back yard. Now, I live right smack dab in town, only a couple of blocks from Broad street and the houses in my neighborhood are side by side, with many people coming and going most of the time. That baby deer came from a tiny field that is right behind my house.

Speaking of tomatoes…I had Dan go pick a couple of green ones and I fried them up for supper tonight, along with some pinto beans and homemade biscuits. They were sooooooooo good!

       0712090744

Here are two huge ones that were growing on the German Queen vine…No he didn’t pick those….I picked those Sunday. Matter of fact, here is one of them next to a regular size tomato…so you can see how huge it is!

        0720091831

Here are the latest pictures of Wyatt:

        0714091246

‘I am happiest shopping with mama and grandma!’

        0714091009a

   ‘I was having such a good time!!’

       0715091322

‘One day last week, my grandma said that since I was such a good boy at the grocery store, she gave me a lollipop !!! My mama had a cow…but I loved , loved, loved it! lol lol’

       downsized_0711092039

‘Here I am eating with my grandma at Zaxby’s . I would dip each bite of French fry exactly three times in the ranch sauce! I ate 4 whole chicken strips too!!!  Of course I shared my ranch sauce with grandma…all over grandma! lol’

      0715092010

‘Mommy and daddy took me to the park last week in Madison…this is my first ride in a real swing and I loved it!!! I even went down the slide!’

            0720091710b

‘I have found out that I can get my toes into my mouth…so today, while grandma pushed me down the sidewalk in my little car, I alternated from one to the other!’

(Amanda didn’t get her sonogram done…they want to wait until she is twenty weeks… so she will go back August 12th to get it done. I can’t wait to find out what this one is! )

I will leave you with this thought….

Be good to those you love…hug them and kiss them and tell them how much they mean to youhow they have made your life betterand how much you love them…It doesn’t take up much of your time and you just never know if you will ever have that chance again.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

18 comments:

Celeste said...

What a delight!

Heli gunner Tom said...

Our tomatoes are doing well, but WI has a shorter growing season.
Great pictures!

Tom S

Gerry said...

That is a well photographed kid. I am glad, as we get to enjoy even far away. Carlene, go and see Baby on my blog. I just posted a photo of her. Those tomatoes look luscious. You know I have never eated fried green tomatoes. I don't know why. We just never cooked them. As much as our family loves tomatoes. Gerry

Kath said...

Wow you are so lucky to be able to have petted that beautiful baby dear,Isn't it bonny.Those are some big tomotoes Carlene Yummy I love home grown tomatoes He-He as for fried ones one of my favourite dishes.I Had to laugh at Wyatt with the food and the lollipop.Thats what I love to see a child with a good appetite.Fabulous pictures thankyou for sharing them.Have a great day pouring down here so doing catch up a little on blogger.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Donna said...

That's amazing, being able to pet a fawn.

It's also amazing how sweet that little Wyatt is. What a gift from God!

LYN said...

what a lovely post!

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE, SUCH A NICE ENTRY.

THE VISIT FROM THAT FAWN IS A GIFT FROM GOD. I'LL BET THE MAMA WAS BACK THERE SOMEWHERE WATCHING.

I WOULD SAY THAT FEW PEOPLE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF PETTING A BABY FAWN. VERY YOUNG TO HAVE THE SPOTS.

PLEASE HAVE THAT CAMERA READY FOR MORE OF THOSE DELIGHTFUL PHOTOS. THAT SHOULD BE A PRIZE WINNING PHOTO AS YOUR HAND IS PLAINLY VISIBLE IN THE PHOTO.
sam

Jeannette said...

How wonderful being about to pet that baby deer, love the pictures of Wyatt, that is SOME tomato!

Linda :) said...

How precious to have been able to pet the baby deer... and Wyatt is getting so big and having all his firsts... :)

Paula said...

How exciting about the baby deer. They are coming closer in here because of the drought. I love the picture of Wyatt sucking his toe. So cute!

madcobug said...

The baby deer was so cute. Imagine getting to pet it. Those picturers of Wyatt were so good. The one with you holding him was very good. That was a big tomato. Hugs, Helen

Lisa said...

Man, i love a kid who eats his own toes....Wyatt is # 1!! So cute....he went down the slide?! WOW, growing so fast and so cute...oh wait, i already said that.
I want some of your tomatoes.
I hope the baby deer found it's mama...i think it was lost....it is so rare that it got that close to you. Just a little bit of God showing you His beauty, huh?
LOVE YOU

Missie said...

The young deer is beautiful! You might have adopted a pet! LOL

None of my tomatoes are red yet. I hope they turn soon!

Have a good night.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Will have to try and find your tomatoes, look bigger than our Better Boy ones for sure. Love Fried Green Tomatoes also. Your Wyatt is such a beautiful young boy, you are blessed to have him as he is to have you love him. The pictures of the deer are adorable, he knew you were a loving lady and I'm sure enjoyed your petting him. We get the deer and the big turkeys always walking through our backyard here in SC, I love seeing them.

Dawn said...

Oh Carlene... just look at that sweet baby boy! Getting so big! And, a new grand on the way! So much love and life! I am so happy for you all!

Even though I have been away from blogs you have always been remembered in my prayers.

be well...

CINDY said...

i am gonna be making some fried green tomatoes this week. i absolutely love them. and that is one big tomato, wow. the baby is growing so fast and he is so cute. i love the fact he shared his ranch dip with his grandma, lol.
xoxoxoxoxox

Kathy said...

Oh, I just love this entry. Wyatt is so cute and adorable and LOVED!

Grandma is one fortunate woman and he is one fortunate baby!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Oh! I didn't know Amanda was pregnant! Oh boy! I hope its a girl! Linda