I was given the
The Honest Blogger Award
by my dear friend Lori!
What I must do is write a list of 10 honest things about myself to share….. and then I am suppose to pass it on to 7 other people….
(only I am just going to pass it on to ALL my friends here..so grab it..it’s yours!)
TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I can not swim and panic if I am in water above my waist.
2. I use to be scared of elevators too… until I had to stay at EMORY HOSPITAL IN ATLANTA with Danny for two weeks…nothing conquers your fear of elevators like being hungry for a few days and the cafeteria is on the bottom floor and you are on the top! lol
3. My great-great grandfather fought in the Civil War and was captured by the ‘Yankees’. ( They let him come home after the war was over….or I wouldn’t be here :-)
4. I can not stand to see the elderly, little children or the handicapped abused or neglected … and I will let you know in no uncertain terms how mad I am if I see you do it.
5. Once when I was 4 or 5 years old, my siblings talked me into jumping off the top of the school bus that my daddy use to drive…they told me if I wore the Mighty Mouse tee shirt, then I would be able to fly like him too….they lied.
6. Danny knocked me out with a home run hit at Elementary school one day. That ball zoomed through the air from the playground to the tennis courts to find my head among all the other children’s ! (He didn’t know me at the time…and was mad as a wet hornet because I got in the way of his ball!!! lol)
7. My birth sign is ‘LEO’…which is a nice way of saying that I am bossy and opinionated…and can be a *itch if you push me far enough!
8. I have 4 Chihuahuas…and no; they are not the teeny-tiny kind….I love them like they were my kids….and they love me like I was their mama…which… come to think of it; I guess I am.
9. My house is old and ugly and needs a lot of work done to it … but it is HOME.
10. I lost my ‘will to live’ the day that Danny died…but a part of it came back the day little Wyatt was born.
Ok…that was ten.
It was 38 years ago tomorrow, that Danny and I had our very first picnic… we were at the River Park …Just the two of us…girlfriend and boyfriend…I remember it like it was yesterday…It was a beautiful sunny day…I can hear the sound of the river flowing and see the sunlight dancing on the water as it rushed by …We borrowed the metal ice chest from his daddy to put the cold drinks and sandwiches in it ….I can still smell the scent of Danny’s after shave when he hugged me close …
Lord, we were so young…
That’s it my friends….I hope each an every one of you have a safe and wonderful 4th of July tomorrow…
Spend it with those you love.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.