Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TWO DAYS AFTER SUNDAY

                        summertime

Summertime has hit my neck of the woods. It has been in the 90’s for over a week now. I HATE HOT WEATHER!  At home , it’s not too bad a problem…I have air conditioners, thank goodness…but at work , especially when we get busy, the air conditioners there can’t keep up…and it gets hot .

                                    GaDawg

I took Dan to the flea market Sunday. It is about 45 miles away from my home. He had a good time and I bought him a GEORGIA BULLDOG cap that he  liked. He loves GEORGIA BULLDOGS! I didn’t see anything I wanted. I should have bought the playpen that I saw, but I didn’t want to lug it around though and sure didn’t want to go all the way back to the car! The lady tried to sell it to me for $5.00 too! . It was so hot by the time we had walked the entire outside, that I was getting a bad headache and feeling sort of sick…It is the meds I have to take that make me feel like that.  After we left, I took Dan to Ryan's to eat..so I believe he enjoyed himself. He very rarely wants to get out of the house.

                                                 image001MA23037246-0016

I took a huge 10 pound pork roast yesterday and put it in an oven bag and roasted it in the oven. I was suppose to take it out at 12:00 but got busy and forgot it until 2:00!!! The bag had started leaking into the roasting pan by the time I took it out, but the meat was so tender that it fell off the bone. I pulled it apart with a fork and mixed in a bottle of Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce , a bottle of Kraft’s Hickory Smoked, a cup of the pork stock and 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar. I mixed it all together and put it in the roasting pan and let it bake for about 45 minutes on 325. You talking about good!!!  I had enough to make 12 BBQ sandwiches and put the rest in pint containers and froze it.

                                       DsDesignsPeekaBoo

Wyatt has another tooth….on top! He came over to visit yesterday and eat breakfast with me. He loves buttered toast and scrambled eggs! I have got to take some more pictures of him…he will be 1 year old on June 18th!!! Time sure flies.

Well, I have got to get off here and figure out what to have for supper tonight…I think I want some pink-eye peas and cornbread…Sounds good to me!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi Carlene,

Glad your pork roast survived, lol! Sounds like a fun time but perhaps you got a bit dehydrated. I wonder if it would help next time you go to something like that to carry a bottle of water? I get headaches too and feel woozy when I get too hot. I blame it on menopause, but of course, I blame all my ills on menopause, lol.

Have a great afternoon.

Sayit-baldys said...

HI CARLENE, WILL START OVER. MY HAND ACCIDENTALLY HIT SOMETHING TO CAUSE MY COMMENT TO DISAPPEAR.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR IS A FAVORITE OF MINE. I KEEP FOR USE A MIX OF SWEET SPICED VINEGAR, LIKE MAKING SWEET CUCUMBER PICKLES.
GOOD IN SALADS AND GERMAN FRIED POTATOS.
TEACH WYATT TO SAY GRANPA SAM. HE WILL BE A FINE YOUNG MAN.
sam

Gerry said...

Sounds like an old fashioned barbecue I can't eat anymore, but I did put cidar vinegar and olive oil, plus a teaspooon or two of raw honey in my dressing for ziccini salad (with red onion and red and green pepper) Some chopped peanuts and that's my vegan dish which will take care of protein needs for a meal! I have always loved vinegar! Gerry

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((GHUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Sounds like you had a good meal,i love a good roast,I am sorry you got hot at your outting,but,sounds like you had a good time.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I suppose that is one advantage of living way up here in northern Ohio. We don't have many 90 degree days here. I love being warm but if it gets too hot the a/c will come on at work and at home too. We are so used to being cold that anything over 75 seems hot to me. I do love barbecue but have never tried it like you did. It sounds like a delicious mixture.

Donna said...

I never heard of pink-eye beans. That pork sure does sound delicious!

Paula said...

Just stopped in to say "HI"

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe wyett will be a year old already.... time sure does fly
Your pork roast sounds so good and it must be nice to have that stored away when its too hot to cook
Sandra

Missie said...

Have a good hump day tomorrow.

Celeste said...

I love pork roast! That Wyatt is getting so big!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pork is my favourite meat ~ what you did with it sounded delicious ~
I can hardly believe Wyatt will soon be one year old ~ time certainly does fly by ~ Ally x

Lisa said...

Wow, Wyatt is gonna be 1?! Time flies!!
I hate hot hot weather but the cold here is just down right awful AND depressing too. We also went to a flea market. Had a good time too. Glad that Dan got something he liked!
i want some of that food you made!
LYLAS

barb said...

that pork sounded soooo good. my oven died just before we left last fall--and so far have not fixed it--think we need a new stove. would love to bake some corn bread, but that out of question too. wyatt is a doll--never heard of that dime thing.