Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THANK GOD

                  computerwritring

I want to thank you all so much for the prayers and kindness that you have continually shown towards my family…You just don’t know how good it made me feel to know that you were all praying for Amanda and the little one.

Now for the good news….Amanda is home! While the blood test still reveal high troponin levels which indicate heart attack, the cardiologist is thinking it is Pericarditis ( an inflammation of the sack around the heart) which can also raise troponin levels.  They have been treating her with ibuprofen for inflammation and the troponin levels finally started coming down a tiny bit.

They have done EKG’s, X-rays, Echo cardiograms, and numerous blood work…and all came back good, except the blood work. Her OBGYN has been in to see her daily, along with the cardiologist. They had her do  a stress test yesterday and it turned out good, so the cardiologist let her come home. She has to go back to the OBGYN Thursday for a follow up. She is still having shortness of breath and chest/shoulder/arm pain when she gets up and moves around, so they want to keep a close eye on her.

Wyatt got to come home yesterday too!!! He had been staying with his other grandma the whole time that Amanda has been in the hospital. God bless her heart for being there for him and taking care of him the whole time while his mommy was so sick. You should have seen him when he got home….He was so happy to be in his own home with all his little toys and best of all; his mama!!!

          0629091956B

When he finally tired of playing, Wyatt just went and plopped down on Uncle Dan's legs!

I was up at the hospital by 7:30 am, and after the stress tests results came in,  they told Amanda that she could go home. A little later, I faked being sleepy and told her I was going to go ahead home and take a nap while she and Kelvin waited on the paper work and such.

Well, I rushed home and went directly to her house. Dan came on up and he and I did laundry and cleaned the whole house from top to bottom and had it shining and ready for her when she got home! I also got a guy up there to cut the grass! So they didn’t have to do anything when they got home except love on their little Wyatt!

I hope and pray that it is the Pericarditis only, and no heart damage…and that she will get better each passing day….

You know, during the time I was with her and seeing her go through all this…all I could think of was how she was doing like Danny did during his final months …and I was so scared

And to tell you the truth …

I am still scared.

But I must trust in God …..

Who has always been there with me through all the good times….

And the bad….

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

17 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

Cute..you 'faking' her out...very loving for you to dote on her! Glad she is doing better...

Gerry said...

Good to get the news she is coming home. I know everyone wiil keep a close eye on her all during her pregnancy. You and Dan were so sweet to have her house spotless and ready for her when she got home. I bet she appreciated that! Sometimes pregnancy can be a scary time and strain on the body. Love, Gerry

Pat said...

I'm so glad Amanda is home!!! I know Wyatt was so happy to see her. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Have a great day.
Hugs,
Pat

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's great news that Amanda got to come home. I know she missed Wyatt too. She'll be in my prayers for a full recovery.

Amanda said...

((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))I try to keep up with all the Blogs,but its hard to do.I am glad to hear Amanda is home and will contiue to keep Her and the baby in my prayers.That was so nice of you to clean te house and have someone mow the lawn.

Missie said...

I'm so glad she's home! I'll keep her in my prayers for a continues recovery.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers dear that Amanda will be fine. Glad she was able to get the needed care and tests done and they felt she was able to come home. I deal with heart problems, so reading about everything that was done was very familiar to me. Bless you all.

Lynne said...

I am so happy she is home, and pray God will continue to heal her. Also, pray God will give you peace in heart.

Lisa said...

thank God that she is ok.....i am still praying.....and prayers do work miracles....i can only imagine how happy this made you....you are such a good mama and strong person. God bless all of you. XOXO

Donna said...

Of COURSE you're scared! I would be too.

Lisa said...

I'm still praying Carlene! Keep us posted! What a nice surprise you gave her by cleaning the house!! Way to go!! Hugs,
Lisa in Kentucky

Vanessa said...

So pleased to hear your news !! what a relief, and what a great mom you are too, my thoughts are with you all for things to run smooth now :)

LYN said...

great news!!

madcobug said...

I am so glad that she was able to come home. I bet Wyatt was glad to be home also. That was good of you and Dan to do their things for them. I am surprised that you felt like it. When it comes to our children we go that extra mile. Praying that things go well from here on out and now you take care of yourself and rest every chance you get but knowing you, you are back at your job this morning.
Lovya, Helen

ELLIE said...

so glad that there is some good news going on for amanda - I just know things will get better and better - she is young and strong--she just needs to take things ever so slowly~!~ Prayers will continue~!~

Celeste said...

Prayers will continue

Myra said...

Glad Amanda is on the road to recovery! Bless you and Dan for being so thoughtful...you're such a mom! Wyatt is so cute!