Wednesday, June 3, 2009

GOD SENT ME A MESSAGE TODAY

Amanda went for her first visit to the OBGYN this morning. 

When we finished up at the Dr.’s office, we rode on over to Ryan’s so Wyatt could have some vegetables for lunch….While sitting there, a lady came over and introduced herself and handed Amanda a dime. She told her to have a hole punched in it and pin it to Wyatt’s shirt and it would help with the teething! Now we had not said anything to this lady, so I figured that she had seen Wyatt chewing on the highchair or something…..I noticed when she went back to her table that she was sitting with about 5 people, what seemed to be a loving family.

A good while later, I had taken Wyatt out of the highchair and I realized as I was holding him that he was “doing a potty” …lol….I knew because He gets real quiet and still and serious looking….lol….so a little later, I got Amanda to take him to the restroom to clean him up.

While she was gone…the same lady that gave Amanda a dime for Wyatt came back to our table with a young girl around twelve or so. . . and I noticed that the rest of her family were leaving …

This time the lady came straight up to me and said, “ I know you are going to think I am crazy…but I have to tell you something important…The Lord spoke to me just now as I was fixing to leave….and I want you to know that I will be saying a special prayer for you tonight at 10:00….

She went on to explain; “You see, God told me that You have something bearing on you…I don’t know exactly what, but I think that you may have lost someone that was very dear to you and that it is “laying heavy on your heart” right now. Now you don’t have to tell me what it is , or who it is…it is none of my business…but I do know what God has told me..and I wanted you to know that I will be praying for you tonight at 10:00.”

When she finished speaking she was actually crying and she reached and hugged me close…She also told me her name and where she lived..but for the life of me, I can not remember…I was so shocked by what she said…

So shocked that I did not tell her that what she spoke was the truth…That it was only two weeks ago that I went into the back room at work feeling so sad and depressed that I wanted to cry… right there in the middle of our rush hour… My boss was back there doing some work and I told her then, that losing Danny was laying heavy on my heart lately…that it still hurt so bad… I used those exact words… “laying heavy on my heart”…..

The exact words that lady spoke to me today…God bless her.

Coincidence??? 

I choose not to think so.

Thank You God…for Your many blessings on me.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

John said...

Im so glad I stumbled across your blog.Losing someone is so painful there are no words.June 20th 2008 I took my Dad in for a simple procedure.To have a stint put in his valve for his heart.And that I could take him home tomorrow.While he was waiting in the back for the Dr. I went in there he said I cant wait for this to be over I want a cup of cofee.And sent me out of the room to go eat.We waited and hour and we heard Code Blue ,Oh My God is what my Dad. And they told us right there in the waiting room. Anyways.My Mom passed in 2005.But before that everytime she found a penny she said it was a loved one saying Hello.SO now we do that with MyDad and its a DIME.Sometimes Ill find it when I need him the most and sometimes a penny and a dime together.For some its just change.But for me its A hug a hello A Im with you. The lady that prayed for you,That was from God.I am prayig for you to now,Added myself to your blog.Please stop by and add yours to mine
Sorry so long of an entrie
GOD IS GOOD

Lynne said...

Carlene,

I totally agree, it was no coincidence. God is with you and will see you thru. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength! May God bless and keep you this day and the days ahead, big Hugs and Carlene always remember you are loved!

Donna said...

Wow!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They say there are angels all around us and I think maybe you met one. It does help to know that there are people praying for us. Sometimes we don't even know about it at all but prayer does work. I hope you are encouraged by this and will take your heavy burden and give it over to the Lord. He can bring you comfort and joy . The sign you've had from that precious lady was maybe saying just that. After all this time I still have my moments but for the most part I've laid that burden to rest. I'll be praying that you can too. 'On Ya'-ma

Cindi ;) said...

That was awesome!...

Lisa said...

i know this moment will stay with you forever. God bless you and also this angel who came and comforted you.

Gerry said...

I do think that some people are clearly able to pick up the thoughts of others and I am not surprised that she would pick up your feelings because I have hardly encountered anyone I thought felt more deeply, which I think is your gift to the world that is so often lacking in great love. Have you ever considered that bearing witness to your feelings testifies as to the power of love that can exist between a man and woman if both are of the giving nature it takes. I just get concerned when missing Danny almost gets the best of you. I think you will get through this and a prayer from this woman will help! So that missing Danny will not be so painful. Gerry

Missie said...

Angels come in all forms!

madcobug said...

Carlene I hope her prayer gave you a lot of comfort. God does work in mysterious ways. LOvya, Helen

gulfcoastdee said...

I am teary eyed right now, Darlene.
God bless you! I'll keep you and Danny in my prayers.

Dee

Sonya said...

Wow! That let you know God is working in our lives! Have a good weekend.
Sonya

Celeste said...

Have a wonderful day hun. Angels walk among us.

ladymagnolia said...

Carlene what a beautiful message you were given. God know's truly how painful it has been for you (((HUGS))).

That was an amazing confirmation-when this lady spoke these words to you.

I pray all is well with you & your family this day.

HUGS~Donna

Terri said...

*Tears*

God is so good!

Amazing...loved this entry!

Hugs
Terri

Rose said...

what blessing!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

That lady must have a direct line with God. God bless her and you.