Friday, June 19, 2009

GOD IS GOOD

             0615091417

          Wyatt living it up at Party City!!!

Man, it is hot here….It got past 100 degrees here today…..The sun has went down and it is still in the nineties …and they are predicting it to be over 100 degrees again tomorrow….Lord, help me make it through.

I picked Dorris up Wednesday and we went out to see our mama…She is doing well physically, but is having a hard time of remembering ….She asked me where my daddy was the last time I went…My daddy has been dead since 1985…This time she asked where Danny was. I always clean out her two little bedside table drawers when I go to see her…She keep various treasures there …treasures that only she knows what they are being kept for…such as the empty cardboard rolls that bath tissue is on…or used drinking straws…bits of paper…..and so forth….So we have to do a cleaning every time we go or it will get overloaded.

           0615091408a

                    Wyatt loved Elmo!

Yesterday was my grandson’s FIRST BIRTHDAY !!! I can not believe that our little Wyatt is 1 YEAR OLD!  Lately he has started taking everything that he gets in his little hands and making it go like a car while  saying… “ BRrrrrrrmmmm- BRrrrrrmmmmm” 

So guess what this Granny got him??? Yep, I got him a car! I cut out buying groceries this week to get that little car for him…Hey, we can eat out of the freezer…Wyatt will only be 1 year old once.

If I never get him another thing, I will know that I did get get him one thing that he loved!  I wish yall could have seen him…While his daddy pushed him up and down the street, He put one little hand in that steering wheel and had the other arm resting on the door…just like his granddaddy Danny use to drive!                                           

           0618091951

                HE LOVES HIS CAR!!!

Oh…if only Danny could have seen our little grandson…

Speaking of grandchildren…. Here is  the first photo of my new little grandchild to be….Can you see the baby?? It is sitting facing to the right…We do not know the sex yet….

           0615091027

But let me tell you…I have never seen a baby jump like this one did while they were taking the sonogram!!! This baby was jumping like it had it’s own personal trampoline in there!!!  And get this…the Baby’s official  due date is my mama’s birthday which is also Amanda’s birthday!!!  How cool is that?  ( But they will have to do a C-Section the week before….so it won ‘t actually be born on that date.)

           0615091056

      Wyatt waiting on Mommy to get sonogram.

I want to tell yall something interesting …

My children each got a little red rocker for their first birthday, so I got it in my head that I wanted to get Wyatt one for his first birthday. ..The only trouble was…I didn’t know how hard they were to come by….nor did I know how darn expensive they had gotten ! The little red rocker that use to cost $10.00 now had an $85.00 price tag…which I couldn’t afford! I hunted and hunted for a cheap little red rocker to no avail, so a few days before his birthday, I  finally thought to go to Craig's List…

Well I looked there for three days … Each night before, I would pray that I would find one the next day…The third day, sure enough, someone had a little red rocker for sale!  I tell you; God is so good to me ….. The lady selling the little red rocker lived only 5 miles from the hospital where we would be at the next day getting Amanda’s sonogram and she only wanted $15.00 for it!!!  Needless to say, I bought it. It is in new condition and most importantly                                  

           0616091704b

               My little Wyatt loves it!

I emailed the lady that sold it to me right after I came home that day, thanking her and telling her how she had made this old granny (and little Wyatt) so very happy ..

She emailed me back….telling me how happy she was to have been able to fulfill my wish….and  giving me a link to her web site…

You see…the lady that just happened to put that little red rocker up for sale on Craig’s List…

She and her entire family has a Christian Band that travel all over doing concerts …

And praising the LORD.

THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR MANY BLESSINGS ON ME.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

Paula said...

Happy birthday Wyatt. So glad he got his little car and the rocking chair looks like one that will last and maybe keep for his kids. Its very hot here too Carlene.

Cindi ;) said...

love the red rocker story...!!! Happy B-day to Wyatt...

ELLIE said...

wow - so much catching up to do - I have missed hearing from ya - I have been missing in action for a long time due to illness - but I am back - I just updated my blog--
http://ellie-crazylife.blogspot.com/

please check it out--wow Wyatt has gotten so big and handsome - and congrats on the new grandbaby!!!
I hope all is well with you and yours..take care and please keep in touch!

Terri said...

Happy 1st Birthday Wyatt :)

So glad you were able to get him his first car which you can tell he loves sooo much...too cute!

Love the little red rocker story...God is good...maybe Danny had a hand in that as well like a birthday gift from heaven :)

I do see your new grandbaby to be..so precious...and how awesome that the due date is on Amanda's birthday and your mama's...even if he/she is born the week before...

Have a great weekend Carlene!
Hugs
Terri

Sayit-baldys said...

SUCH A HEARTWARMING STORY OF THE CHAIR.
GOOD FOR WYATT. CHAIR AND CAR. POSSESSIONS ARE MEANINGFUL TO A BABY.

I WILL TRY TO SHOW A PHOTO OF A CHAIR GIVEN TO ONE OF MY GRAND DAUGHTERS. sam

Gerry said...

Interesting entry. I think that your little red rocker was brought to you by the intensity of your desire for it. Otherwise it might not have been there. Because that really sounds like more than a coincidence. I am not sure, but I think your feelings are strong enough to accomplish about anything, except of course to bring Danny back, but he would have to know how much he is missed. Glad Wyatt is going to get a baby sister and you will have more to love. I loved my little girl, drssing her up, she was so pretty. My son started making car noises so young I don't even remember, boy noises I called them. Daughter never made one of those noises in her life! Gerry

madcobug said...

Happy late Birthday to Wyatt. Yes, I could see the new baby. Wonderful story about the little red rocking chair. Hugs, Helen

Sayit-baldys said...

CARLENE,
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM OF BRINGING UP BLOGS.
JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HAD SUCH A PROBLEM.
WHEN CLICKING ON 'MY FAVORITES', MOST APPEAR AND CAN BE READ OR COMMENTED ON.
HOWEVER, SOME WILL NOT COME ON. A FRAME COMES ON DEMANDING MY USER NAME AND PASSWORD WHICH I TYPE IN AND WILL NOT ACCEPT WHEN I AM CERTAIN IT IS TYPED IN CORRECTLY.
CERTAIN ONES I CANNOT ACCESS.
CARLENE I DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO KNOW THE ANSWER, JUST WONDERING IF THIS IS HAPPENING TO OTHERS ? sam

Grammy said...

You are a very blessed woman Carlene! Congratulations on the new curtain climber! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa said...

my kids had that same car but Rick got it out of someone's garbage one night and it had no wheels so he put grocery cart wheels on it...we still have it....so many kids had a ball in that car even though it was someone else's trash. We also still have the little red rocker from when Meg was 1. I am glad you were able to get both for cutie Wyatt..he is growing so big so quick...i wish the new baby could be born on Amanda and your mama's bday. Glad to hear your mama is doing well.
XXOXOOX

Missie said...

Happy Birthday to Wyatt. I can't believe he's one already!

Have a good week.

John said...

Had to comment on the red rocker.God is good.Love the story.
God Bless

CINDY said...

awwwwwyatt definately had a happy birthday. his grandma made sure of it. another baby on the way? as soon as i seen the pic, it screamed girl to me. congrats.


(((hugs))))
Love ya