Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BUTTERBEANS AND CORNBREAD

Amanda held Wyatt’s birthday party at the lake Sunday. Since it was suppose to be up in the late nineties, I kept Wyatt while they went out to decorate the pavilion she leased.  Although she paid $60.00 for the use of the pavilion, someone still had to be out there by 9:00 am to make sure no one else made themselves at home in it!  Seems like management would have that responsibility, doesn’t it?

The party wasn’t until 5:00pm, so she had a long wait!  Kelvin took his boat and let the children (and some of the adults too) take turns riding around the lake with him, while Amanda set everything up. I didn’t know how I would handle the heat, but when I got there with Wyatt, there was a wonderful breeze that lasted just long enough for the party!  (Thank You God.) I took Wyatt’s little pool so he could play around in it until the part began and he had a good time in it. He also really got into eating his own little personal birthday cake, as you can see below!!

                   0621091736a

                   0621091737

                   0621091737a

                   0621091743

Yep, that was all that was left when he got through!!!

I didn’t think I was going to make it to the party Sunday …My car was jumping and bumping so bad… I finally got there and got my niece’s husband to drive it up the road to see if he could tell what was wrong. He came back and told me that my right front tire had a knot on it. So, I had to buy a tire Monday. Always something…..

So John and Kate are getting a divorce. Makes me feel so bad for the little kids. I noticed that John had two big diamond studs in both of his ears…guess along with the new sports car and motorbike he has gotten recently, they are making him feel young again….young enough for his 20-something “friend” he has been seen with lately.

On a brighter note….I cooked some dry baby butterbeans for supper tonight. Had some cornbread and biscuits, potato salad, sliced tomatoes, and smoked sausage to go with them….It was a pretty good supper! I hadn’t had dry butterbeans in a long time and they were soooooo good. I bought the tomatoes at the store, as mine are still green…so they didn’t have that homegrown taste…but we made do..lol

Yep…doesn’t take much to make me happy…

Just give me some butterbeans and cornbread!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

11 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had such a good time. We used to rent those pavillions when we had special things for the kids too. It made it so nice for a crowd of people. Your dinner sounds wonderful! I just can't wait to taste a good homegrown ripe tomato they are the best!

Paula said...

wYATT MADE HASH OF HIS LITTLE CAKE. iSN'T HE CUTE?

Gerry said...

Kids have got to have birthday parties! I treasure a video I have of Dante's first birthday party, and he loved his cake just like Wyatt did. Butterbeans and cornbread sound very good to me, too. Gerry

John said...

Carlean,
Good pictures of the birthday boy.Glsd my little jpke made you laugh.We all need that once in awhile.When I read your dinner menu,My mouth began to water,Oh how I miss My Moms home made meals. You may freeze any leftovers and ship them to california.LOL. Have Blessed week my friend

John said...

Carlean,
Good pictures of the birthday boy.Glsd my little jpke made you laugh.We all need that once in awhile.When I read your dinner menu,My mouth began to water,Oh how I miss My Moms home made meals. You may freeze any leftovers and ship them to california.LOL. Have Blessed week my friend

Lisa said...

the email you sent me the other day means the world to me..thank you....for your friendship and caring and taking the time.

Wyatt is so cute...i am glad you all had a good party with him.....your heat is here now and MAN, it is HOT!

i hate it that you had tire trouble. You are right...it seems to always be something.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene sounds like your darling Wyatt had one fun birthday. Glad there was a breeze to enjoy, know being in SC we're having the same hot, humid weather you are. Sorry you had to have a new tire put on, it's always something isn't it. Take care.

CINDY said...

a yr old already? wasn't he just born yesterday? lol they grow so fast. and he looks so adorable eatting that cake. sorry i haven't been around much. homelie has been hectic lately.

(((((hugs)))))
Love ya

Sayit-baldys said...

OH HOW YOU CAN MAKE ME HUNGRY CARLENE.
TWO BEST, BUTTERBEANS AND CORNBREAD.
I LOVE THE FEELING OF BITING INTO THOSE BUTTERBEANS.
HOT CORNBREAD IN SWEET MILK IS MIGHTY FINE TOO.
GIVE WYATT A HUG FOR ME. sam

The 4th Sister said...

Oh yes, Jon said he was excited to be starting a new life ...he is only 32....GAG me with a spoon......Shame on him....

Missie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the party. I bet it was lovely being there by the water with the breeze.

Happy Birtday Wyatt!!