Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WEDNESDAY TIDINGS

This week I have been working hard at home.

I finally got the floors swept and mopped…the clothes washed and all of the bed covers washed and dried.

Then I did what I put off doing forever and that is shampooing the one room that has carpet in it…DAN’S.

To do anything in his room, I have to make sure we talk about it for days before actually doing it..He hates any kind of upheaval or change, so it is hard getting him in the mood to let me do anything if he is here. Usually I just catch him gone camping with Troy to do anything in there , but he hasn’t been in a while…so I had to talk it out with him.

Speaking of Dan…He went outside one day while I was at work last week, and cleaned out the two old dog pens that use to hold Danny’s beagles.He pulled up all the weeds and such… Had he asked me first, I would have warned him about the poison oak that had overtook the pens…

As it is now, he is ate up with the stuff. :-( 

I called his doctor and he prescribed some ointment for him. After only a day, I called back and explained that he had it everywhere and he needed something else…so he sent in an order for pills to help him today.  I know he is miserable, as he has told me so… in so many words…..over and over and over and over again. Dan does not handle sickness of any kind very well and will let me know it…constantly….

Bless his heart.

I bought some  “Sweet Bay Rays”  BBQ sauce Monday when I got groceries and I used it yesterday afternoon on some pork loin…Oh man, was it good! I will be buying it again!

I also made some homemade macaroni and cheese ...matter of fact I had enough to make two casseroles…

0512091900

So I made Amanda one also….

0512091859

Gosh, they were good!

Wyatt is waiting for Grandma to cook him breakfast….

0512091001

Yes he is sitting on his Grandma’s table!

0512091002a

Playing with his “cookies”.

He takes them out one-by-one.

0512091005

He examines each one carefully!

0512091005a

He loves his little “Cookie Jar” toy I got him!

God bless his little heart….

and

Thank You God for this adorable little sweetheart that You sent to us.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

madcobug said...

Poor Dan, I pray that the poison will go away soon. Cute picutes of Wyatt. THat food looks delish. Yummy! Hugs, Helen

LYN said...

great pics of the little man...
i like that bbq sauce too!

Cindi ;) said...

OH boy hope the poison Oak clears soon...great pics of your G'son...thx for sharing them!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

that poison ivy/oak is very miserable stuff. I got it weeding my flower beds a couple years ago and was in agony for sure. I now wear gloves when I do work in the yard. Hope your son feels better soon. I'm glad your days off gave you time to get so much done at home. Your little Wyatt is a blessing for sure.

Myra said...

What man doesn't tell you over and over and over that he doesn't feel good!!?? Just proves he's a normal guy! Most guys, too, don't lke change, upheaval, especially when it comes to their stuff!

baldy said...

CARLENE, ONE OF MY FAULTS IS NOT APPRECIATING CHANGES THAT ARE MADE FOR ME.
JUST DO NOT KEEP THINGS IN ORDER.
MY SWEET DAUGHTERS THAT LIVE HERE IN THIS SMALL TOWN COME OFTEN TO VISIT AND HELP,BRING GROCERIES AND MEDICINE.(WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT THEM ? )
SINCE LEAVING THE CARE CENTER AFTER THE STROKE LAST OCTOBER, I SELDOM LEAVE THE BUILDING HERE WHERE THE APARTMENT IS COMFORTABLE AND HAVE FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS, NEVER FORGETTING TO THANK GOD FOR WHAT I HAVE.
I HAD WENT TO A COUPLE OF DOCTORS WITH BLOOD TEST RESULTS, HOWEVER NO THREAT OF A STROKE SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN DETECTED. THEN ONE NIGHT FIXING FOR BED MY LEGS COLLAPSED AND DOWN I WENT.
CAN WALK WITH AN UPRIGHT WALKER AND HOPING TO GET STRONGER.
HOPEFULLY WILL NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK TO A 24 HOUR CARE FACILITY.
THIS BUILDING HAS SECURITY CAMERAS ON THE FRONT AND BACK DOORS AND I CAN WATCH THE TV SCREEN TO SEE THEM COMING AND GOING WITH THE CAMERAS ON THOSE DOORS 24/7.
I AM HAPPY FOR ALL THAT CAN WALK IN AND OUT AND MAY THEY NEVER HAVE A MISHAP SUCH AS A STROKE OR WORSE.
TELL WYATT THAT I LOVE HIM. sam

Gerry said...

Poison oak! Ooh, that sounds like a heck of a thing to get tangled up with. Thank goodness, we don't seem to have much of it on our Boulder mountain pasture. Stinging nettle hurts but they say poison oak is much worse. You worked hard on your days off. You seem like a strong woman. I am glad, because it might be very hard for you to slow down. Wyatt is as usual cute as can be. It does me good to hear what a boon he has been to you. I knew he would be. A child brings such joy when the heart is open to receive. Gerry

Terri said...

Poor Dan...I hope the poison oak heals up soon...

Could you send me your recipe for your mac n cheese casserole...it looks sooo good!? Thank you if you get a chance...my email is

Chevyz71gurl74@aol.com

Hugs
Terri

Ora said...

Oh Carlene...I feel for Dan...surely I do....that stuff just about puts me under ground if I get it....hateful stuff...hope the meds make it go away fast...I think we have just about gotten all of it out of our yard...but I know what to look for LOL...now!!! and thanks for stopping by my blog...come often..and that Wyatt...you have let him grow up...sitting there like a little man...so cute...glad you got so much done...and I know Dan will appreciate his clean room...after it is all bac to order for him LOLOL..hugs from Ora

Sandra said...

Hi Carlene, we don`t have poison oak in England so I`m not sure what it is. It does sound nasty though so I hope Dan will be better soon.

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Sandra said...

PS: I love the cute photos of Wyatt sitting on your table! :o)

Lisa said...

Wyatt is a darling... and especially sitting on Grandma's table. Look how cute he is playing with his cookie jar. That mac n cheese home made looks so yummy!! Save me some!!
Lisa in Kentucky

Lisa said...

posion oak is some nasty stuff, especially if it gets into a person's privates....i hope Dan is much better today....i hate carpet shampooing.....it does feel great to spring clean but who wants to do all that work?! LOL
LOVE YOU

Jen said...

That food looks soooooooooo good! I hope Dan feels better soon. So sweet of him to clean up the dog pens. And Wyatt.....just too cute!

ggal2933 said...

I hope that Dan is feeling better! Wyatt is sure growing up and so cute :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

beachmom15 said...

I'm so glad that you post pics of Wyatt, I come to see the adorable one!! SOOOOOOOO cute...

Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/