Monday, May 11, 2009

MOTHER’S DAY 2009

I went to Church Mother’s Day.  Amanda and Wyatt went too! The men of the Church cooked out on the huge grills while we sat in Church listening to the sermon and the singing. My great nieces sang !

The men got to hear too as they had loud speakers hooked up outside. They did a good job grilling too!  We had BBQ pork chops, ribs, and chicken…along with beans,corn,and various vegetables and an assortment of desserts.

                 0510091244a

          Here’s Wyatt eating his lunch at Church!

Amanda had pink roses sent to me Saturday while I was at work! I haven’t had roses in I don’t  know when…and could probably count on one hand the ones I’ve had during my entire life time. (Guess I am just the type woman no one sends flowers to, huh?) The roses were so pretty and they were pink…my favorites!

                0510092029a_0001

Dan got me a card and also ‘took’ me out to eat..with the help of Amanda and Kelvin doing the driving! He really surprised me!

              0510092031

My ‘other young-un’ Kandy found me up town getting Amanda’s card from Wyatt Sunday ( the one that got stolen) and we got to talk for a bit. When we got ready to go our separate ways, she reached in the car and handed me this card…and when I read it I nearly cried…

                         0511091550

Just goes to show that sharing one’s blood and DNA doesn’t make a mama…or a child. Thank you sweetheart.

Sunday after Church, I got a card for Wyatt to give his mommy. So, while Amanda and Kelvin were gone to his mom’s , I slipped over to their house and put the card securely in the screen door. Do you know someone stole that card before they got back home??? MAKES ME SO DARN MAD!

So, today I went back to the store where I bought it yesterday and got the very same card and personally gave it to her for Wyatt…I guess whoever took the first one must have thought there was money in it…When they found none, they could have least put it back. Some people are so sorry and mean.

I went to see my mama on Mother’s day too. I went that afternoon after I got back from the BBQ at the church…She was sitting in her wheel chair and had her a little snack lined up on the seat of a hard back chair in her room. She was so happy to get the new ‘dress’  and snacks that I got her.

               0510091527

And that was my Mother’s Day….I hope each and everyone of yall had a good Mother’s Day too.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

10 comments:

Myra said...

Exactly how a Mother's Day should be...the Lord, family and friends! Oh, and don't forget, delish food!

Lisa said...

Sounds like such a lovely Mother's Day and I am so happy that you were surrounded by love and joy on this special day. Your mama looks so sweet and I know how much she must have appreciated the gifts you brought her. So sorry to hear about the stolen mother's day card! Wow! I am amazed at what people will do.
Lisa in Kentucky

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like a wonderful day. That barbecue was a great idea. No cooking for the moms. It'sad to think that someone would take a card like that right off the door. Hope your week is off to a great start.

baldy said...

MOTHER'S LOVE IS SPECIAL. sam

Indigo said...

Sounds like a wonderful mother's day hon! What the heck is wrong with people? Of all the things to do steal a Mother's Day card.

I'm delighted despite the rudeness everyone still had a great Mother's Day! (Hugs)Indigo

Terri said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mothers Day!

I cannot believe someone stole Amanda's card...what is this world coming to?

Your mama looks so sweet :)

Hugs
Terri

FrankandMary said...

Someone stole the card? I am not so simple as to not realize some people will get money any way they can, but that is low.

I'm glad Dan surprised you in such a nice way. The picture of Wyatt is adorable.
Who could not love pink roses? I love the picture of your Mom.~Mary

Silver said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me.

Smiles,

Silver
from One day at a Time

Sandra said...

I`m glad you had such a wonderful day Carlene, though who could be so low to steal a Mother`s Day card I have no idea...sigh.

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Lisa said...

SO glad to hear you had a wonderful Mothers day..you totally deserve one...i once sent my BFF a bday card and someone stole it and it has a 5by7 photo of my kids in it that i could not replace that cost a pretty penny...her upstairs neighbors were on crack....i actually confronted them and said "just give the photo back". They threatened me...so i know how awful it is to have assholes come along and steal things. Wyatt is so cute! Love seeing your mama too.