Monday, May 4, 2009

HARD TIMES

Whew! I had already a rough week….

and then along came Saturday.

My cell phone was stolen.

It was lying on my table at the BBQ and while we employees were busy in the kitchen, my phone walked out the door. There were only two people in the dining area at the time, so I am almost positive that they are the ones who took it.

By stealing my phone, they put me in a bind since I had to pay 4 different insurances this month…but what really hurt me the most was the fact that I had a memory card in the phone and there were over 300 photos of my mama and little Wyatt on it.

I had downloaded a lot of the pictures to my computer, thank goodness, but the memory card also held some very precious videos of them both. It makes me so sad to know that I have lost these forever.

I went to Verizon and got a new cell phone today. It cost me around $55.00.  I got one of the lower priced ones.  They were able to restore all my contacts, since they had been downloaded a while back when I had to have the phone replaced once before. I also lost all my ringtones and games…two of which I hadn’t even gotten the bill for until I came home today!

On brighter news….just look what my nephew caught the other day!

              troy

That monster that he is holding is a flathead catfish weighing over 40 pounds! He caught it at the lake here in our little town. Troy is Danny’s sister’s son and use to go fishing with Danny a lot.

I just know Danny was looking down from Heaven and smiling as he fought to get that big fish in the boat!           

              0504091253

             Wyatt: taken today

    GOD BLESS YOU ALL

 

15 comments:

Donna said...

But Wyatt makes up for all the hard times, right? He is SUCH a sweet baby boy.

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear about the phone being stolen. Wow look at that fish! Awwwwww that Wyatt is a cutie!! He reminds me so much of my Nicholas at that age. Nick was a beautiful boy baby and so is your precious Wyatt.

madcobug said...

I am so sorry about you phone getting gone. Yes Danny would have been thrilled helping get that catfish in. That is one ugly critter LOL. No offence meant.
Wtatt is so cute and growing so much everyday. I hope you can download the things you do quickly from the new phone so it you happen to loose it your things will be saved, Hugs, Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry about the phone. It seems like when it's the toughest things like that happen too. That fish is large. I don't think our lakes have anything that big in them. Thankfully you have Wyatt to brighten you days. He is a Joy for sure!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Honey it could be worse, a co-worker of mine left her wallet/purse on top of her car and lost it. It was turned in however, missing her $800 paycheck cash! I can appreciate however, how precious pictures are. Wyatt is adorable.

baldy said...

CARLENE, TELL WYATT THAT GRANDPA SAM SAYS HELLO TO WYATT, A MIGHTY FINE YOUNG MAN. sam

Indigo said...

Oh hon, I'm so sorry about your phone. People are thoughtless at times.

That fish is huge! I know Danny had to smiling over that one. (Hugs)Indigo

Lisa said...

i don't even own a cell...but i have lost irreplacable photos before so i can understand how you feel right now....i am glad you were able to get a new phone....and wow, what a big fish!!!!! I remember well how much Danny LOVED his fishing! I hope somehow you may get that phone back.
xoxo

Terri said...

I am so sorry someone stole your cell with pics and videos on it Carlene...some people are so cruel...

Wow that fish is HUGE I am gonna have to show my husband...way to go Troy...and you betcha Danny was lookin down with a big smile

Hugs
Terri

Lynne said...

I am so angry for you that someone would walk off with your phone. I don't think people care or realize the significance of personal items, when they take off with them. I am so sorry this happened to you. I showed the fish picture to the husband, and it brought to mind when he caught one similar. I'm not a big fish fan, and that thing he is holding looks like it was exposed to radiactive material...HUGE, lol.

Missie said...

Phones can be replaced, but like you said, photos and videos can't. I'm sorry you lost those precious photos.

beachmom15 said...

I think that's terrible that your phone was stolen! It's too bad that you can't put a notice to return the memory card and some conscience would creep into that person's mind and they return it.... Some people are just mean and will get theirs!! Your Wyatt is just adorable!!!
Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Hi Carlene, Haricot beans are the pretty much the same as great northern beans. I am so sorry that someone felt it was ok to steal your phone. Hope it doesn't cost you too much to replace it. Wyatt is so sweet!

Lisa said...

So very sorry to hear you lost the pics & videos on your cell phone. It just burns me up to hear it was stolen. Have you pursued it since you know who was around?

WOW that fish is huge - that sure would be something to bring in!
xx

Celeste said...

So sorry about the phone. Wyatt is so cute!