Sunday, April 5, 2009

AN ANSWERED PRAYER

              0401091358

                 Where is Wyatt?

Today was a beautiful sunny day. Temps in the 70’s and blue skies…all together different from the ‘monsoon’ rains and thunderstorms that we have been having lately. My back yard is still soaking wet.

Speaking of my back yard, while back there this evening after work, I noticed that my little white azalea  is beginning to bloom! My big pink encore azalea has already bloomed. I need to get out there this coming week and clean out from under my azaleas and replace the mulch.

               0401091408

                    Where is my little Wyatt?

I want to plant some more things that bloom in my yard…I like perennials…flowers and flowering shrubs that keep coming back…Any ideas on what I should plant? I have both shaded areas and full sun.

               0401091407

                          Here he is!

While at work today, there was a black woman who came to the take out window as I was waiting on an elderly black gentleman. I had just given  him his order and had taken a step back from the window when he turned to that woman standing there and asked her if she would carry his order to his car for him.  He only had one very small bag, but was using a cane and having trouble with his balance. (His car was only a few feet from where he stood.)

Do you know what this woman did? She took that little bag from him and told him that she would carry it to the car, if he would buy her some stew!  Now, had I known he needed help with the bag, I would have taken it out to him..I have done it many, many times before for others who needed help….but I had not even noticed the cane, until I heard him speaking to the woman. 

              0401091404a

                My little gums hurt Grandma!

Bless that little old man’s heart, I saw him pull out a few dollars from his pocket and give it to her before he got into his car and drove off. She had already ordered, so when she came back to the window, she  ordered the stew to go along with her previous order. she was laughing and quite happy with herself.

It was when she paid for the order with a hundred dollar bill from her own wallet, that I wanted to just knock her fool head off so bad I could hardly contain myself.  How can you in good conscious charge an elderly crippled man to carry his food order only a couple of feet?

All I can say is God don’t like ugly and one day that woman will have to own up to the meanness she did today…you can bet on that….you send around meanness and you will get it back…threefold.

              0325091455

                       My sweet mama

When I got home from work yesterday, I had a letter waiting for me. A prayer answered….It was  from the hospital that I was taken to by ambulance for my broken arm. They were writing to tell me that I was granted patient assistance on my account…Because of my low income, the total hospital bill was paid!  That bill was over $5000.00! Oh, my goodness…I just broke down and cried. I have been so very worried.

I praised God over and over for His help…for without HIM I would be nothing, as the song goes.  I still  owe around three thousand more to various surgeons, doctors, techs, labs, etc., but I will survive.

God has been so good to me.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Carlene I am so glad to hear about the bill being paid for the broken arm... what a lovely miracle! And what a horrible lady that did that trick on that elderly gentleman just to get a few dollars in her pocket. That is just awful... you are right, it will come back around.
Lisa

Lisa said...

PS Wyatt is just adorable... my kids loved to play peekaboo too.
Lisa in Kentucky

Lynne said...

I would of been right behind you and thumped that woman a good one too, lol.

That is wonderful news on your hospital bills! As far as the others, if possible, my recommendation is to tackle any interest bearing ones first, and just send what you can on the others...$5, $10 and do them one at a time. You may still get calls and stuff but at least you are showing good faith in trying to get it paid. I'm going to pray God will continue to bless you financially, and He will!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful you got that assistance with your hospital bill. Thank the good Lord for His many blessings. I know that can be overwhelming. Thank you for the SMILES today with your little one playing peak a boo.

Donna said...

Thank God for that financial help!

That selfish woman will get her what's coming to her; karma will get her.

Astaryth said...

I'm so glad to hear about the hospital bill. I know it took a load off of your mind.

That baby just gets cuter every day! What a sweetie!

madcobug said...

That certainly was a sefish and mean woman. Taking money from someone probably in bad need himself. You are right. God will get her somewhere along the way. I am so glad that bill was taken care of for you. Wyatt looks so cute playing with you. God is good! lovya, Helen

Kath said...

Well Carlene you can bet your bottom dollar it's a good job I wasn't around when that lady asked the man to pay for her some stew.She would have reaped her rewards on the spot from me,and they wouldn't have been very nice ones either Grrr.I was so angry when I read this.On the other hand he-he at Wyatt, isn't he a darling,and so bonny,those eyes light up anyones world..Haaaaa.I keep praying for you regarding your financial situation with the health bills.That also annoys me for people in USA it's diabolical one has to pay for health like that.Happy you got the large bill paid for.Lovely to see a pic of Mama again.Another Darling face.Look after yourself Carlene I think of you often.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Terri said...

I cannot believe that woman did that to that little old man...some people!!!

Wonderful news about the hospital bill!!

Hugs
Terri

Sandra said...

Oh Carlene, what a mean spirited woman. As they say, what goes around comes around and she`ll get hers one day.

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Whoo hoo, Carlene, doing a super happy dance for your hospital bill being paid. God sure is good! I'm finally back on Blogger...ugh...what a winter. I'd have wanted to bash that lady also.

Your Wyatt gets more precious every day. Wow, love the curls he getting...love ya!

barb said...

SO GLAD ABOUT THE BILL. THAT MEAN WOMAN SHOULD HAVE HAD A BOTTLE OF TABASCO DUMPED IN HER STEW--HOW MEAN SHE WAS!!! BABY IS A DOLL!!

beachmom15 said...

What a terrible woman. She will get hers. I am glad to hear that the hospital bill will be paid. You're little Wyatt is ADORABLE!!!
Lisa (lisita15)
http://beachmom15.blogspot.com/

Myra said...

Karma visits us all, doesn't she?? That woman will get hers...she knows what she did was wrong...and you got yours in the form of your hospital bill being paid. You are a good person, live honestly, hurt no one, and you were rewarded with good karma! Wyatt is so cute!

Jen said...

I can't believe that woman. How awful!

On the other hand...how great that you don't have to worry about that hospital bill!!! That must be quite a relief. I'm glad that burden is lifted from you, Carlene.

Missie said...

I'm so glad the hospital bill was taken care of! That's surely a blessing.

Oh my! Wyatt is getting so big!

Enjoy your week!

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene,just love the pictures of Wyatt, what a precious grandson you have to love, know he brings you such joy. Oh just reading about that horrible woman charging the guy money toi take his bag to the car makes me sick that anyone would be so cruel and greedy as she was, her day is coming. Can't understand anyone as ugly like that. What wonderful news on your hospital bill, so glad that worked out so great for you....that's the difference in good people who do for others being blessed with a zero hospital bill versus the ugly "B".

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Ooooo that woman should of been smacked. Mean woman! I hope she gets hers! Wyatt is cute as ever. I am so glad your hospital bill will be paid. Linda

baldy said...

HI CARLENE, GOOD POST TODAY.
WHAT A GREEDY WOMAN. HOWEVER, PERHAPS SHE TRULY BELIEVES SHE DESERVES THINGS THAT BENEFIT HER.
I PRAY TO GOD FOR EVIL ONES TO 'SEE THE LIGHT'.
I CAN REMEMBER BACK IN THE 1050s AT THE GREYHOUND BUS STATION IN TULSA OKLAHOMA AFTER I HAD BEEN DRIVING FOR GREYHOUND A FEW MONTHS, REMEMBERED AN OCCASION AFTER READING ABOUT THE CRUEL WOMAN ACCEPTING MONEY FROM A FEEBLE OLD MAN.
NOW THE OCCASION AT TULSA : BUS PORTERS ON DUTY, STANDING IN THE SHADE, OR SITTING. I WAS BOARDING PASSENGERS AS THEY CAME AND HERE CAME A LITTLE OLD LADY FROM THE STREET IN THE HOT SUN AND STRUGGLING TO CARRY HER SUITCASE.
AS SHE GOT NEAR, A PORTER JUMPED UP AND STEPPED A FEW FEET TO TAKE HER BAG AND BROUGHT IT THE SHORT DISTANCE TO THE BUS DOOR AND SET IT DOWN, OF COURSE TURNED TO FACE THE PASSENGER WITH HAND EXTENDED WITH PALM UP.
LIKE A STATUE, WAITED UNTIL THE LITTLE FRAIL LADY REACHED HER WRINKLED OLD HAND IN HER PURSE AND BROUGHT OUT A DIME AND PLACED IT IN HIS HAND. - - - THEN THE CRUEL DEED, - - SLUNG THE DIME TO THE CONCRETE WHERE SHE STOOD AND WALKED BACK TO HIS CHAIR.
SURE IT HURT ME TO SEE THAT AND KNOWING I MUST NOT HAVE A CONFRONTATION WITH PORTERS.
BUS DRIVERS HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS OVER PURSUING OCCASIONS SUCH AS THIS. MY SELF CONTROL HELPED ME FINISH 32 YEARS DRIVING FOR GREYHOUND LINES. HAVE A NICE ETERNITY. sam