Monday, March 30, 2009

A WORLD GONE MAD

               carlene1030c

Sometimes…when I watch the news,  I wonder if the whole world has gone slap stone cold crazy.

In the last three days…..

On Friday, March 27  in Dallas, Texas, a mother got high on painkillers and wine, then left her 7-month-old son  in his car seat overnight. When she remembered him, the next morning, he is found dead. (She also had two toddlers in the car…but she had remembered to take them in the house with her. ) This mother had already previously been charged with  DUI, hit and run, and multiple public intoxications. 

Saturday, March 28, a man in Mass. stabbed his 17-year-old sister to death, decapitated his 5-year-old sister and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot and killed him. It happened at the 5 year olds birthday party.

Now today, Sunday March 29, some man goes to a nursing home in North Carolina and opens fire… going room to room, randomly picking out, shooting and killing seven elderly residents and also the nurse who cared for them.

Most of the ones he killed were in their 80’s…and I believe one was in their 90’s. Those poor elderly residents and the health care folks who worked there (that survived) will probably never be the same.

He was stopped when he was shot and wounded…. by the same 25 year old police officer that he had just shot and wounded.

As it stands now, if the one who shot and killed 8 defenseless people lives,

We the tax payers will have to supply him with:

 free food,

free health care,

free room and board.

       and

a free lawyer.

This makes my blood boil….how about you?

Lord, I hope the news is better tomorrow.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

13 comments:

madcobug said...

There sure have been a lot of that lately. I wonder why they just don't shoot themselves and leave other people along. Hugs, Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do try not to watch the news. It is much too depressing. Wish sometimes that the news could bring a little more good stuff our way.

LYN said...

awful isn't it?? I don't know what the world is coming to...

Pamela said...

I don't think it's going to be getting better with all the pressure people are under at the moment. I just don't get it...how can they do things like this?

Lynne said...

I think Pamela got it right. So much stress and those gestures reek of individuals that have lost their minds. Totally sick!

Kath said...

Doesn't bare thinking about Carlene.Good to be back now my pooter has had it's facelift.LOL!! Wish I could laugh more but these poor people who have lost relations my heart goes out to them.Whatever is the world coming to.I will never understand it all.Your blog looks beautiful.Have a lovely week.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Gayla said...

((Hello))
I was boiling over the SC nursing home shooting too. Absolutely a waste of life and demonic on so many levels.
I live in Las Vegas, where during the hot summer months we have children die because parents (or a parent) forgets their child. It just breaks my heart. I'm praying that this year will be the years that we have no deaths because of this. One can always hope right?
Take good care :)
Huggers, Gayla

Sandra said...

Oh Carlene, These stories are heartbreaking. How can anyone do those things? Sometimes I despair of the world in general...sigh

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

baldy said...

CARLENE, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. sam

Paula said...

I don't mean to sound like a religious fanatic but I do believe we are living in the days we read about in Revelation.

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))This is terrible,thats why I never watch the news,nothing but sadness,nothing ever,happy.I hope your doing ok.

natalie said...

Gee that guy in the nursing home is scary!
Big Congratulations on getting the award!
Please come visit my blog . It's Lurkynat.
I will visit you too!
hugs,natalie

Penny said...

Yep, the world is going crazy. The return of the Lord won't come fast enough for me. I wish just ONE news outlet would share good things instead of all this horror. Wouldn't that be nice? "Man, overcome with love, treats his family to a day at the park. Film at 11" Blessings, Penny