Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BYE-BYE BOOGER-BEAR

        faithmirac

A few days ago, I posted an entry about a booger-bear that had me terrified. I couldn’t say at the time what the booger-bear’s name was, since family and friends read this journal and my kids didn’t know.

But I can tell you now…

That booger-bear’s name was breast cancer.

I had a mammogram. Two weeks later, I got a letter telling me they had found something in my left breast.

Tuesday of last week I had to go back and take new mammograms….

While there, they took me into a room with an X-ray viewer. On the viewer, they had my previous mammogram done in 2004 and right beside it, they had my last mammogram. 

             faithdontworry

Now, I know that is a long time between tests, but after I had my mammogram in 2004, Danny began to have a lot of heart attacks and health problems and we were also going weekly to his arthritis clinic in Atlanta…

So I let the mammograms go….

Then Danny died in 2006 and I let everything go.

Anyway…

I could plainly see the spot in my left breast in the x-rays. I guessed it to be about the size of a pencil eraser on the x-ray…I don’t know how big it was in reality…but it was big enough to scare the hell out of this old country girl.

They took me to the other side of the room and did 3-4 more mammograms…These were different from normal ones, with each one hurting worse than the last…

No, I’m  not going to lie or candy coat it…

They hurt.

They had to use extra force to magnify the spot. (My left breast is still bruised.)

I was a big baby….I cried when it was over.

And then I cried for two more days, whenever I thought about it.

                FAITHhighestpowerbl

Until finally I did what I should have done in the first place…I gave it to God.

I GAVE IT TO GOD.

As soon as I did, that sick nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach left. (Oh, I was still worried, but it wasn’t the same as before.)

Today, I got two calls…one from the State Health Dept. and one from the hospital where the tests were done. They both were telling me that the mammogram showed no mass….

Both said they wanted to tell me beforehand, so I wouldn’t have to wait and worry until I received the formal  letter two weeks from now…

Thank God for caring people.

They also told me that  I would not have to have another one until 2010!

OH, HAPPY DAY!

I gave that booger-bear to God

and

GOD WON.

Thank you Heavenly Father.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

21 comments:

Paula said...

I'm so happy your news was good Carlene.

madcobug said...

Thanks be to the Good Lord. Prayers were answered. Lovya, Helen

Kath said...

God Is Great Carlene.Prayer powerful too.I am just so happy to learn you are well.What a nightmare it must have been.Those Mammograms don't half hurt (OUCH) I felt for you in your words.Relax forget and look forward.God will prevail.Take Care God Bless "Happy St Patricks" Kath xx

Lynne said...

Carlene, you are too precious for words. I am so glad you received good news. God Bless!

kelly said...

I am so glad that your booger-bear is gone..even more happier to hear your good news.. now don't wait so long for your next one.. and I agree those mammograms.. hurt like hell the first time around..let alone having to go back for more... relax now and enjoy your week
hugs..
Kelly~

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Giving thanks to the good Lord for sure ! What a blessing ! I've had that happen many times...the feeling of comfort and release from worry when I turn it over to God. He does such a good job of taking care of things. I'm so happy to hear your good news. I know your day will be a good one! 'On Ya'-ma

Jen said...

Oh, I can only imagine how scary it was waiting for some type of news. I'm glad it ended up being good news. May you continue to have great results in the future.

Myra said...

Praise God! Isn't He so good to us?? I am so glad the news was good. Gotta take care of yourself, girl!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Carlene I am so happy to hear such good news ~ Ally x

Michelle said...

What a relief that must have been. Thank God you are a-ok!

Sandra said...

Hi Carlene, I went through the very same thing this year and I was absolutely terrified and convinced myself that it was going to be bad news, thankfully after extensive tests I was given the all clear. I can honestly say that I know exactly how you felt. I`m so happy that you were given good news too.

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Arlene (AJ) said...

Reding your site brought joy to my heart for you dear, glad all was well....our family is dealing with SIL having breast cancer and having treatments for it, so understand your concern and worry and thankful you got a good report. Bless you.

ADB said...

* Phew * big sigh of relief for you, Carlene - I am ever so pleased for you.

Missie said...

Such good news! Praise God!!

pprrrr39 said...

Carlene.
I lost contact when we let AOHell journals..... but i have now found you. I can only apologise for not being in contact before, have not been 100% myself, but nothing compared to what you have been through.
God Bless you and Thank God there was nothing there.
Take care my friend
hugs Jayne

Indigo said...

Wonderful, Delightful, Awesome news dear friend. What a huge relief! (Hugs)Indigo

Heli gunner Tom said...

Good for you, Carlene!
I would like to know more about that Arthritis clinic you mentioned and how/ if they helped Danny-- as I have some bone on bone Osteo arthritis in both knees and lower back.
I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70, and a retired Chrysler worker: 30.5 years on the line, happily married, live in Wisconsin.
Have a great day.

Cordially,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com,
Jesus is Lord.

Goober said...

I don't like booger-bears...especially big ones like yours was...that booger-bear wasn't so tough after all, was it? Take care...

Pamela said...

Thanks for inviting me to your journal. What a relief about the test results. Keep an eye on it anyway, ok?
Take care and I'll come back soon.
Pam xoxox

Kathy said...

Oh Carlene, such a scare but I am so glad you gave it to God and God helped you through it.

God Bless!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.