Friday, March 13, 2009

THE ‘BOOGER BEAR’

Been a while since I last came here.

Please say a  prayer for me. 

There are some not so good things going on in my life.

The ‘booger-bear’ is after me…and I refuse to let him catch me.

The Lord is my shepherd…

He will lead me beside the still waters.

             0308091218a 3/08/09

In the meantime, I have finally managed to push it all…

Every last iota of worry

Into the little room that I keep in my mind for just such dark and terrifying things…

And I have locked the door….

With a bolt lock.

So I am back.

         0308092121 3/08/09

The warm and sunny days that we have been having has me anxious to get my hands dirty in the Georgia dirt. I want to plant my tomatoes! In reality, it will be a few more weeks before I can dig the first hole, but I can always enjoy reading about and looking at them now.

         0308092123b 3/08/09

I am sad. My computer that Danny bought me all those years ago for Christmas finally died. It had been on it’s last legs and I kept putting off having to get another one. Finally last Monday, as it was taking it’s last breath, I bit the bullet and got a new one… Before I lost all my pictures and stuff.

         0308092123a 3/08/09

This one is not a fancy high priced one, but it has a lot more memory than the other one…and it is so quick. Of course the other one was over seven years old…which I think is like a hundred in computer life. I am going to box the one Danny gave me up and put it in storage….I just can’t part with it. I know it may be silly, but I cried as the light went out on the monitor for the last time. Danny was so proud of his gift to me that Christmas…

I can still see his smile.

         0311091835 3/11/09

Wyatt is crawling at lightning speed! Yesterday, he pulled himself up at my front door and then let go … He was standing there on his very own for a fraction of a second!

          0311091837 3/11/09

I went to see my mama last Sunday. She was in good shape physically and I stayed for a good while talking to her and cleaning her little chest of drawer out …She keeps every little thing, so I have to throw out all the trash she has collected during the week and resort her clothes and little trinkets. Someone gave her talcum powder (something the nursing home frowns on, because she could get it on the floor and slip up in it and fall ) and she had it all in her drawer!

It was on everythinga white powdery mess.                 

          03110918363/11/09

She doesn’t remember things very long, so I am constantly repeating  information. She will ask a question and after I answer her, two minute later she is asking the same question over again. 

It is so hard (emotionally)  to see your mama like that…but then again…

        03110913263/11/09

 

I try to think of how many times she must have did the very same  for all six of us children

Answering the same questions over and over…

and cleaning up our many messes.

SORT OF PUTS THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE FOR ME.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

LYN said...

precious pics...i am curious what is the "booger-bear"??

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'll say a prayer that everything works out for the best for you. I loved all the pictures of your precious grand son. He is adorable. 'On Ya'-ma

Donna said...

Wow, a computer that lasted 7 years? That's amazing.

I'm saying a prayer that everything works out for you.

I'm anxious for a home-grown tomato myself!

madcobug said...

Cute pictures of Wyatt. Glad that you now have a new computer. I hope you enjoy it. Glad also that you found your Mama in good physical shape. We never know what kind of shape we will be in physically and mentally before we leave this world. Have a good weekend Carlene. Lovya, Helen

Myra said...

Thank God you still have your mom...and it is so very hard emotionally. Wyatt is so cute...

Judy said...

HI, I HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING ANYONE LATELY. I'VE BEEN MOSTLY CRYING AND GOING THROUGH WHAT YOU GO THROUGH WHEN THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE SUDDEN GOES BUT TODAY I DO FEEL BETTER AND NOW SOME DAYS ARE GOOD AND SOME ARE NOT. I AM TRYING TO DO MY BILLLS BUT READING UP ON EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE MUCH MORE FUN. THE BABY PICS ARE BEAUTIFUL. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. YES YOU ARE RIGHT YOUR MOTHER DID ALL OF THOSE THINGS AND MORE. LOVE JUDY

Missie said...

I hope the boger bear stays away! LOL

Loved all the pictures. Wyatt is getting so big.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kath said...

I am saying prayers hard that Booger Bear stops locked up in that cuboard Carlene.Sorry you still feel as you do.I am the same I hate to get rid of things people have bought me who meant so much to me.Happy though you could get yourself a new computer.It's sad about Mama and the talc but she has a precious Daughter to take care of those happenings.Wyatt is adorable lovely pics thanx for sharing.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Gerry said...

Well, that child is on the go and growing. Before long he will be out in the yard with you helping you dig so you can plant tomatoes! There is nothing like a lovely new computer! Even if sentimentally attached to the old one I hope you were able to save. I hope whatever was bugging you will stay shut up. You have a good distraction in Wyatt! Gerry

Jen said...

Prayers are being said in your honor over here. Hope you have a good weekend, Carlene!

Paula said...

So glad you were able to get your new computer as they can pass so much time and take your mind off things. Wish I could have had one when Mel died. What ever the problem is I hope it irons itself out soon. I'll pray for that.

Jeanne said...

Wyatt is simply adorable!! I love looking at the pictures of him.

And I am worried about you. What's this bear in the cupboard all about?

I'm glad you have a new computer...now keep in touch and let us know what's going on with you because you KNOW we all worry...

((hugs))
Jeanne

Rose said...

sending you my love, hugs and prayers. that boys is just so dang cute!! and getting so big!

xo

Lisa said...

I am so glad you have a new computer... what a blessing! I know you will miss the one Danny gave you. Without you having a computer we'd all be lost without you Carlene... you make a lovely contribution to our blogging community and your entries are always heartwarming, spoken true and straight from the heart. I have so enjoyed the darling pictures of Wyatt... wow he is crawling and almost ready to start walking. All mine just took off with walking as soon as they had their first pair of good walking shoes. Usually on their first birthday they would get a pair of real shoes and then they'd be off.... after that I really had trouble keeping track of them. Isn't it fun watching him grow up? Sending you lots of hugs and many prayers.
Lisa

baldy said...

DEAR OLD MOTHER.
SECOND BEST FRIEND NEXT TO JESUS. MOTHERS WOULD NOT DISAGREE.
MEMORIES, - - HUGS, SMILES, BRAGGING, FOOD THAT ONLY A MOTHER CAN PREPARE, SITTING ON THE FRONT PORCH AFTER DAY'S WORK IS DONE, WATCHING A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET, MOTHER DEAR MOTHER.
CAN SHE SEE US DOWN HERE NOW, PATIENTLY WAITING FOR US ? NICE TO THINK ABOUT.
CARLENE IT IS GOOD TO HAVE YOUR MOTHER NEAR.
sam

pprrrr said...

OMG........... i cannot believe how big Wyatt is, what an absolute sweetie.
Sorry to hear about the computer, but glad that you managed to get a new one.
Take care hugs Jayne