Thursday, February 26, 2009

White and Dangling Revelations

             0210091319a

Sitting here watching Nancy Grace, I see where they have called in the cadaver dogs on the newest missing child case in Florida…The one where the little 5 years old girl is missing. The dogs had ‘hit’ on a dumpster in the neighborhood…

Pray it isn’t little Haleigh. God help our little innocent defenseless children.

Wyatt is sitting up, pulling up and standing up, with support from a table or such now. He has turned eight months old…eight months old…time is flying past…going way too fast for this grandma.

   Wyatt loves those canned biscuits called Grands!

               0221092056

Wyatt is reaching for me now…When someone is holding him, he reaches out for me… do you know how much that tugs at this old grandma’s heart???

Let me tell you….To see those little arms reaching for me is worth more than all the gold in this world.

Here are some recent photo’s:

             0225091401

We gave him a bath in a plastic tub in my kitchen sink…Can you see his blue eyes? You can’t tell it by these photo’s, but his eyes are the color of a bright blue sky.

            0225091401b

This picture blurred, but it is just as well…got to protect our privacy! lol

Here’s a couple of him as we were eating out the other day…

            0223091337a

His little bib says, “ No means ask Grandma !”

            0223091335a

I think he looks like the GERBER baby in the one below:

            0221092145a

I had just given him his bath last Saturday night and his little cheeks were wind chapped, so I put a dab of Vaseline on them.They cleared right up by the next day.

Today, while Amanda and I were at work…during a quiet spell…Amanda looks at me and says; “ Mama, did you know that your eyebrows have turned white?” Well…I can’t even see my eyebrows with my glasses off…and you never know when she is kidding, so I go ask my boss lady to look…and sure enough my eyebrows are white!  :-(

In just a few more minutes, I notice she is studying me again…and all of a sudden she starts giggling uncontrollably …so I say… “NOW WHAT?” and she says…”Mama, did you know that your left earring is in the top hole and the right earring is in the bottom hole? (Years ago while I was still young, I had two holes pierced in each ear.)

Once again, I get someone to look for me…and sure enough…they were in different holes…

I had went around all day waiting on folks with white eye brows and wopsided dangling earrings…

Talk about revelations

Leave it to me…

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

23 comments:

Donna said...

That baby is SUCH a gift. Don't you know Danny is looking down and laughing at that little boy, and at you?

Celeste said...

I agree with Donna. And um are you gonna dye your eyebrows? LOL

Jen said...

Your grandson is adorable. I bet his personality is just as cute as his pictures are. I'm glad you get to spend time with him.

It's not looking good for Haleigh. Something tells me that the father & gf know more than what they are saying. Time will tell.

madcobug said...

That story on that child is to thin to believe. I think they know more than the are telling. Wyatt looks so cut amongst those flowers but all his pictures are good. Amanda should have fixed your ear ring LOL. Helen

Lynne said...

Ohmygosh Carlene, you made me giggle about the eyebrows and earrings! I just had to have my picture taken yesterday for an ID card and asked the gentlemen if he could not use my last one. I had not been able to make two of my hair appointments and I feel like the mom off the Monsters show. I have some wisdom white shrieking from the top of my hair all the way down, lol. Too funny.

LYN said...

this is all happening in my back yard so to say..only about 45 minutes from here...

very very sad....and very fishy from day one....

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Little ones are so precious and they just make our hearts so full of love and life. It is unbelieveable that anyone would ever want to harm one. You are so blessed to have your Wyatt right close by to do things with and watch him grow. The few days a year I have with my grand children are blessings, but they are very few and far between. 'On Ya'-ma

Gerry said...

This entry made me laugh, about the ear rings and white eyebrows. And of course photos of Wyatt always make me smile. Just as the plight of children subject to great harm by insane individuals makes me so angry and sad. The Jon Benet Ramsey case haunted me for years. Plus when parents are being wrongly accused there is more trauma on top of heart break. Even though all possibilities must be checked out. In Caylee's case a parent appears to have been the culprit, why God only knows. It is unfathomable.

Myra said...

Carlene, your writing is like a breath of fresh air! You make me laugh, you make me cry and everything in between! Wyatt is such a cutie...

Joyce said...

I saw Nancy Grace too...so sad they brought in the dogs...praying they do not find anything and she is returned safely. Loved the photos of Wyatt...he is a doll. So many love biscuits ...he is so cute. The earring and the eyebrow story was so cute too. I get looked at strange daily with two different colored eyes. I also have two holes for my earrings...and have done exactly what you have done....LOL Hope you have a beautiful weekend...enjoy!!
Hugs and much love,
Joyce

baldy said...

WYATT, SUCH A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM GOD. sam

lisa jo said...

Wyatt is so handsome!! I can imagine that he brings you undescribable joy.....he is your angel....i think you are beautiful no matter what color your hair is or if you are whopperjawed. LOL
XOXO

Rose said...

I call that eccentric not old! I have noticed some white hairs all over my face and sometimes I wear two different earrings!

That child is getting soooooooo BIG! and how cute!!

xox

Arlene (AJ) said...

Your Wyatt is so beutiful, you're indeed blessed to have him. White eyebrows, you can dye those, earrings in the wrong hole...oh well that can happen to anyone....sure those who see you all the time, didn't even notice those things, just your kind heart and smile as you served them. Have a good weekend, dear.

Jady Long said...

Hey Aunt Lene tell Mam-Mo that she is the reason for those as I like to put it "natural highlights". I have them throughout my head now, and I know Steven and my crew are the reason for mine. Wyatt is getting sooo big. As for Haleigh that family knows way more than they are saying. I think its a bunch of B.S. I say put her in that room with Nancy Grace for 30 mins. with no cameras, we would have everything that we would need to put them away. If we could/would use some of the techniques they use in other countries our criminal rate would fall dramatically. Have a good weekend, hopefully I will be coming up next week, I have some Avon to deliver. Kiss Wyatt for me.

Paula said...

Carlene if that is the worse that happens to you you're okay girl. Wyatt does look like the Gerber baby.

Lisa said...

I can easily see why Wyatt is the light of your life and I can also see why he would reach out for you regardless of who is holding him. Nothing beats the arms of a grandma, I know that!! I love the little bib - you are Blessed with this little bundle of joy.
xxx

Indigo said...

It's hard to believe it's been 8 months already. Wow! I can imagine what it must feel like to have him reach for grandma. As for the white eyebrows and lopsided earrings, you get to be the eccentric for little Wyatt. (Hugs)Indigo

CINDY said...

look how big he has grown, and so handsome too. i do believe he likes those grand bisquits, i know i do, mmmmmmmm. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy xoxoxox

Kath said...

Missing children doesn't bare thinking about Carlene.How anybody can hurt them is beyond me.He-he I am still laughing over the earings,something I would probably do LOL!!My eyebrows are so fair one cannot see them anyway so I will never have that problem LOL!!Oh! the pictures of Wyatt are priceless,yes time goes by so quickly and before we know it they are young men.Enjoy every minute Carlene while Wyatt is small.I miss my own and my grandchildren being tiny so so much.The best years ever.Have a blesed Sunday and Prayers for the parents of all missing children.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sandra said...

Wyatt is so gorgeous Carlene, and yes, time does fly by so fast. I make sure I make the most of every day I see Roman so I can savour every moment. I can hardly believe he`s 4 this year, yesterday he was only a tiny baby...sigh. Now of course I have his new baby sister to look forward to in about 4 weeks, I`m so excited! :o)

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

ggal2933 said...

He is precious! Not talking about gray anything here! :)

Gretchen

pprrrr said...

Well i was on a downer today.......... just reading that warmed my heart..
Once again, I get someone to look for me…and sure enough…they were in different holes…

I had went around all day waiting on folks with white eye brows and wopsided dangling earrings…

Talk about revelations…

Thanks Carlene