Tuesday, February 17, 2009

L-O-V-E

                0214092041

Here is a picture of Wyatt getting a french-fry!   Not a tooth in his head, but like his grandpa Danny, he gums it! lol                              

               0214092035a

A little later, he picked the cash receipt up off the table…So, I asked him to “hand it to grandma”…and was SO surprised when he politely turned around and handed me the receipt! He actually understood!

            0214092036

He is sitting up good in a high chair now . He is 25 inches tall ….and weighs over 17 pounds….and though you can’t tell it by the pictures, he has sky blue eyes.

Can you tell that I love him?

My daughter and her fiancée gave me a bouquet of pink baby roses mixed with other flowers on Valentine’s day…and Wyatt even ‘signed’ the card that had ‘To Grandma’ on the front of it, that he gave me!

After working 11 hours on Valentines' Day, my son surprised me by having a box of Whitman's Chocolates sitting on the kitchen  table for me when I got home! He had gotten Kelvin to take him to the drugstore up town to buy them, bless his

These are the kind that Danny always bought me in our latter years of marriage.

It was then that I broke down and cried….

I was thinking that Danny would be so proud of our children.

After putting it off for as long as I could…for my feet are like lead when it comes to going there…I finally got up the nerve to go up to Danny’s  gravesite to put flowers on it.

I always look down at his name and softly whisper ; “ I love you Danny Noggle.” and then when I get no answer…

I end up by yelling out“I love you Danny Noggle”  It’s as if I could just yell loud enoughhe would hear me and answer

         Like he use to.

               luvcookies

I know it’s crazy…I know it…but I do it anyway…Even though each time I go, I tell myself that I won’t.

So…I finally went to his grave…and put a dozen red roses in the vase there on his marker.

Now, Danny hated to cut grass where rose bushes grew…because he always managed to get cut by the thorns and would come home just a fussing.

I hope he doesn’t mind me putting those roses there…

Knowing how he felt about roses, it is the first time that I have ever put roses on his grave.

But to me…

A rose means l-o-v-e and God knows I love him…and always will.

               valnetines

It gets so hard; being here on this earth without him. It is not a day goes by, that I don’t think of him…not a night that I don’t tell him ‘goodnight’ and ‘I love you Boo’ and then eventually fall asleep…only to dream of him.

I think he has claimed his own little brain cell in my mind, because he is a permanent fixture there…

It’s okay though…

He was already a permanent fixture in my heart….

And had been for nearly all my life.

 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

21 comments:

Donna said...

He hears you. He sees the flowers. He laughs at the idea of you worrying about the thorns on the roses.

And he beams with joy when he sees you enjoying that baby boy.

So does God.

Lisa said...

Well Wyatt is a doll but you already know that ;)
what's not to love!

Danny hears you, sees Wyatt and is proud of his family. I have no doubt in my mind he is with you every moment of every day.

I'm sorry you hurt so bad - I wish I could take it away for you.
xx

Gerry said...

It's only fitting that you think of Danny on the holiday for romantic love. And oh that precious child. He is already understanding more than he can say. I am so glad he has come to fill your heart. I know when you are with him you don't feel the pain of missing Danny, because part of him is looking at you out of those blue eyes. Right?

Kath said...

Carlene the pictures of Wyatt just get better and better.He is a beauty.So looks like you nad his Mom too.Bless him eating the french fry and his understanding of your request.How nice you were given those lovely gifts.Mmm the chocs sound delicious.I hurt when I read of your hurt and cannot imagine what the pain is like.Wyatt brings you so much love and I agree with Gerry in that Danny is there in Wyatt watching you always and by your side.I talk to my parents when I go to their garve too.We do what we feel we want to.Try have a lovely Wednesday.I hope Mama is well.Prayers for you all always.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It has now been 17 years since my DDH passed away and I still think of him often and he was the love of my life and always will be. I guess we both were so blessed to have them in our lives. Your family like mine makes my life worth while and so I go on doing the best I can each day. Valentines Day and all the rest will remain special in our hearts. I know I'm a better person having had my husband in my life and I try to keep being that person just so I can show him how much he meant to me.
I understand how you feel completely.
'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

That was so cute Wyatt understanding what you said to him. Cute pictires. You got some great gifts of love from your family Valentine's day. I can almost see and hear you at Danny's grave. God bless you and your family Carlene. Lovya, Helen

roberta said...

SUCH A GOOD LOOKIN KID..ROBERTA

Jen said...

You have an amazing family, Carlene....you taught your children well. The baby is just adorable!!!!!! Of course Danny can hear you & he's probably responding in ways all around you...just not verbally. I know it must be heartbreaking to be apart from the man you love with all of your heart. Life definitely is not fair in many ways.

lisa jo said...

i am so happy you had a fabulous V day! You and Danny raised those kids well!!! I love reading about your feelings for him and i can guarantee you he wouldn't mind about those flowers. I wish he was here with you. XOOX

Ally Lifewithally said...

I am sure he hears and sees you ~ I think he comes to you in your dreams because that is the only way he can visit at the moment ~ I think he would love those Roses ~ Glad you had such a good Valentines day ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

PS ~ Beautiful pictures of Wyatt ~ Ally x

Arlene (AJ) said...

Your darling Wyatt is absolutely beautiful and I know brings such great joy to you dear. Sounds like you were lovingly remembered on Valentine's Day by your family. Know you miss your Danny but know he's always with you in your heart dear, may that bring you comfort.

Joyce said...

I always love seeing little Wyatt, he is getting to be a big boy...and eating fries to boot! I remember those days of no teeth and seemed it did not matter. I know Danny is all around you, Wyatt...he is just there. That is a blessing too. The flowers sounded just beautiful...as you are...hugs and love...enjoy your week,
Joyce

Lippy said...

I just wanted to stop by to thank you for the kind words and support that I've grown to count on from you. You're a good friend.

Wyatt is adorable, but you already knew that :)

Paula said...

Bet Danny got a kick out of you taking roses to him. Glad your kids remembered you with love on Valentine's Day.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

Wyatt is so cute Carlene.

I know Danny heard you.....


hugs-

Missie said...

He not only hears you, he's watching you.

Celeste said...

Wyatt is adorable! Danny hears you and answers you so many times. Look at Wyatt. there is an answer right there

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

My gosh, Wyatt looks almost like a little boy and not a baby. He gets cuter every day. Your children definitely love their mama and take care of her. I know Danny is proud of them and watching from Heaven and heard you, no doubt about it. Love ya!

Terri said...

Such a beautiful entry *tears*

Wyatt is getting so big..how cute is he?

I know Danny heard you Carlene...he will answer you in his own little way from Heaven above..

Hugs
Terri

pprrrr said...

Awwwwwww what sweet things the kids done for you on Valentines Day
hugs Jayne