Monday, February 9, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

             summerbymissie2

                        graphic by Missie.

This has been one of the most beautiful days that I have seen in a long time.  One of those days where it is so bright and sunny that you have to shade your eyes from it….Temps in the seventies…light blue sky, with light as air puffy clouds floating by…

As I think about it now, I wish I had taken Wyatt  out to my back yard and layed down with him on my old quilt and let him see those clouds floating by…like I use to as a wee child out on Horseshoe Bend.

               020209wyatt

Instead I spent my day, cleaning house…sweeping and mopping these old wooden floors, making my bed, washing a thousand clothes, bathing dogs, and dusting furniture….and hurting.

I have been having what I think is kidney trouble…I am running to the bathroom every five minutes, my back hurts, my sides hurt, my head hurts and it hurts to go. I am constantly feeling a sensation of moving pain in my lower stomach. According to the hospital ER doctor that I saw in Sept., I supposedly  to have a kidney stone…so maybe it is trying to move out. This has been going on for over a week, so Friday while at work, I made an appointment with the doctor…for tomorrow. So keep your fingers crossed for me, ok?

We are all under so much stress here lately ...What with the economy like it is…and yes things have gotten pretty bad here…

But if we would  just stop and think about all that is still GOOD and BEAUTIFUL here in our world…

I looked out my kitchen window today and saw my jonquils' blooming….these little simple buttercups, out in my backyard by the old wooden shed,  were so blatantly beautiful….so golden, that they were literally  glowing.

                 0128091457c

God gave us a beautiful world.

Just stop and think about this for just one minute….

 HE GAVE US THIS WORLD….

NOT ONLY THIS WORLD…

BUT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

A UNIVERSE THAT WE NOW KNOW  IS FOREVER GROWING.

HE GAVE ALL THIS TO US

AND THEN

HE  GAVE HIS ONLY SON TO US.

TO PAY FOR OUR SINS.

             faithDsDesignsHeisRisen

                    graphic by D’s Designs

Yep…..we still have a lot to be thankful for.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

12 comments:

Paula said...

Yes we do have so much to be thinkful for in spite of our problems. Carlene I wish you well at your doctor's appointment. Hope it is nothing serious and pray you feel better soon.

Gerry said...

I love it that you had enough strength to call to mind all the good things in life. Missy is recovering from her kidney stone, and so if that is what is wrong doctors know what to do. I will be sending you healing thoughts and checking to see how things came out. And that first photo of Wyatt is just other worldly. He looks like the most beautiful flower that could ever bloom. I know he gives you lots of good feelings. Babies do that.

Lynne said...

You captured the beauty out your window so nicely. I do hope you feel better soon. Blessings to you!

Celeste said...

ouch. I do hope everything "passes" real easy

madcobug said...

Yes, we are all blessed. I hope if it is a stone that it will pass on it's own. I suppose you are drinking plenty of water. WE have had several days of beautiful weather but storms are supposed to move in Wed. I hope you feel better soon. My daughter has had several kidney stone over the years. Several she has had to have taken out. Lovya, Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We are so blessed every day if we take the time to stop and count our blessings. I do hope you are feeling better. Cranberry juice is always my remedy for me but I don't have stones. A call to the doctor micht be in order. Glad you had a nice day. Take good care! 'On Ya'-ma

Myra said...

Oh, Carlene, house chores will always be there...Wyatt will not always be this age. Any chance you get, share your childhood memories with him - they are precious, as is your time with him!

Sandra said...

I hope all goes well at the doctors Carlene, it sounds very painful and I hope it can be sorted easily. Take care.

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Rose said...

amen honey!! amen!!

Lisa said...

Oh Carlene how your entry has blessed me this evening. I too am so thankful for all the Lord has done for us this year too. We've had a rough time too but the joy in my heart is that God has pulled us through all the hard times and still we are able to see the beautiful days He sends us. It is such a nice thing to enjoy the gifts He gives. I too am ever aware he sent Jesus to us and how wonderful it is to have His grace.
Lisa

lisa jo said...

you are a rare lady. So many i know in life and online who take so much for granted and are lazy and whine and complain when in fact, they have it made....but you? You have went hungry and not had ANYTHING of "real" material wealth but what you have inside your SOUL makes you an angel in my life.

Joyce said...

Your a beautiful person Carlene, inside and out....it shows in your entries. I do hope you feel better...and it is not a kidney stone. Hope the weather continues to stay pretty your way, as it is here too in Virginia. Loved all the photos of little Wyatt...he sure is a cutie. Praying daily the economy changes...we asked for changes, let hope we get them...hugs and love to you, Joyce